Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I met Jimmy Page There!!
Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 27, 2012 01:05

As I was in the middle of my o2 pub crawl before the gig, I was standing outside one of the bars with my pint and there walking past having just come from the main entrance area was Jimmy Page! walking with another bloke.

I just walked straight up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder said hi and shook his hand, was pretty brief exchange but another great little experience to add to many others.

\m/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 01:05 by Monkeytonkman.

Re: I met Jimmy Page There!!
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 27, 2012 01:15

Cool

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 27, 2012 01:24

Monkeytonkman
As I was in the middle of my o2 pub crawl before the gig, I was standing outside one of the bars with my pint and there walking past having just come from the main entrance area was Jimmy Page! walking with another bloke.

I just walked straight up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder said hi and shook his hand, was pretty brief exchange but another great little experience to add to many others.

\m/

You're lucky he didn't desk you. Not an especially clever thing to do with a famous person, invading their space from the back... I mean how would you feel if a stranger did that to you? BUT congrats for having the audacity. He was probably accompanied by his mate Ross Halfin (rock photographer).

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 27, 2012 01:47

lucky dude. hear he is a cool guy in person.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:09

Cool

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:32

...too bad he didn't guest on 'One Hit'.....he has as much connection to the Stones as Beck does....which is to say, minimal...although he is on "Metamorphosis" if the liner notes are correct...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 27, 2012 19:39

Very cool Monkeytonk.smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: November 27, 2012 20:11

He was at one of 2007 shows as well - as I recall came by underground!

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 20:17

lunar!!!
...too bad he didn't guest on 'One Hit'.....he has as much connection to the Stones as Beck does....which is to say, minimal...although he is on "Metamorphosis" if the liner notes are correct...

He did play the solo on "Heart of Stone"...

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: November 27, 2012 20:22

lunar!!!

Is that right? Is Beck heard on any released Stones song?
I believe Page has some more connection to the Stones. He plays at least on a couple of recorded songs.

Date: November 27, 2012 20:23

Cool you met him!

I wonder why Maul PcCartney was no where to be found though.

I hope he was cryin in his room.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 27, 2012 20:23

Was he all the rage?

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: November 27, 2012 20:25

jamesfdouglas
Was he all the rage?

I still can't see the reason why!!!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 27, 2012 20:27

You tapped him on the shoulder? That was ballsy.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 27, 2012 20:27

Page is a fan, If you watch some of these festivals, you'll often see him off to the side of the stage, enjoying the music like everyone else.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: November 27, 2012 20:30

Paul McCartney was in Vancouver and he is in Edmonton on the 29th.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: November 27, 2012 20:43

jamesjagger
I believe Page has some more connection to the Stones. He plays at least on a couple of recorded songs.

The only one I know of was the aforementioned version of "Heart of Stone" which appeared on Metamophosis. There is an unreleased Keith 'n Jimmy jam called "Scarlet" (named after Jimmy's daughter) from the early 70s.

When he was very young - about 20 or 21 - Jimmy worked as a producer for Andrew Loog Oldham's label Immediate Records. JP played guitar on Andrew's symphonic recording of Stones tunes, and also on Brian Jones' soundtrack for A Degree of Murder.

Jimmy loves the Stones, as another poster pointed out. He says his favorite track is "Carol" because it's what they were playing when he first saw them live.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 21:10 by Claire_M.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 20:47

I just had a taxi ride and the cabbie said he'd had both Ronnie and Jimmy Page getting his taxi in recent years.

Said they were both very 'normal' (for celebs) and that he'd even spent 15 minutes with Page - parked outside his house in west London - just talking about music.

A very cool guy!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1745
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home