Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Will Brooklyn be a "filler" show?
Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: November 26, 2012 15:14

I have been reading the great reports from London since yesterday. I am a bit worried now that Brooklyn (the show I have tickets for) will be a bit lackluster compared to these London shows with Mick T & Bill W and that they will play at their best form only for the PPV in Newark. Or do you think there is any chance we'll get Mick & Bill (or maybe only Mick T) in Brooklyn as well?

Re: Will Brooklyn be a "filler" show?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 26, 2012 15:34

Or they'll get three different guests for NYC... With a "tribute to the Blues" theme?
Who'll be there? Clapton? Buddy Guy? Other names?

Or... the Stones ship BW by sea long before the day the shows take place and they fly Beck and Taylor to NY?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 26, 2012 16:10

NO, Brooklyn will be THE SHOW! Just wait and see.....smoking smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 26, 2012 17:28

Maybe he's right and they plan to play "at their best form" only for the PPV not the other two shows. That's the logical conclusion to draw from reading great reviews of london.

or not.

Date: November 26, 2012 18:00

Rokyfan
Maybe he's right and they plan to play "at their best form" only for the PPV not the other two shows. That's the logical conclusion to draw from reading great reviews of london.

or not.

Actually I don't worry about their form, I didn't explain myself correctly there. What I am wondering about is getting a more standard setlist with no big surprises and less interesting special guests.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: November 26, 2012 18:11

You need a Fortune Teller.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 26, 2012 18:27

It's not the first show, there's only one of those, so there will be fewer surprises, maybe no surprises. Hopefully Taylor will be there. Any other guest is at best tolerable but mostly a distraction. I'm hoping for a good stones show. I'd like to see taylor doing side 2 of Sticky Fingers or something like that but it's not going to happen so it's stupid to think so. Good tightly played music is what you are going to get hopefully. Don't hope for surprises.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 26, 2012 18:32

Yep it's going to be a filler show. They're going to get drunk and play Bay City Rollers covers all night.
Will Brooklyn be a "filler" show? What kind of question is that?

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: November 26, 2012 18:35

GumbootCloggeroo
Yep it's going to be a filler show. They're going to get drunk and play Bay City Rollers covers all night.

The'll play the entire Theier satanic album except she's a rainbow, citadel and 2000 man.

Date: November 26, 2012 18:48

GumbootCloggeroo

I asked because there seems to be a bit of negativity around that show, slow ticket sales etc. Maybe that will all blown away due to yesterday's reviews.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 26, 2012 19:14

GumbootCloggeroo

lmfoa , agreed. The Stones playing a filler show? Not possible but sign me up anyway. peace

Posted by: atip ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:14

Well, I broke down and decided to join you guys. I guess it's like taking it in the posterior with a smile on your face!

Date: December 12, 2012 17:42

Exactly what I meant has happened, no MT in Brooklyn but he'll be at both Newark shows. Still don't regret having gone to Brooklyn, the show's quality exceeded my expectations and I wasn't able to get cheap tickets (the only ones I could afford) for the 15th anyways.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1755
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home