Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anyone else Gutted??
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 25, 2012 12:48

I am gutted that I cannot see The Stones this time round, I just can't afford it, I was going to go to the O2 tonight to see if i could get a ticket but with Cristmas coming up i really can't justify spending that sort of money. Gutted Gutted Gutted!!

Anyone else in the same boat?

Re: Anyone else Gutted??
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 25, 2012 12:52

If its near by, go on the off chance, you could get a very reasonably priced ticket! You're a long time dead. Move!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 25, 2012 13:01

I agree. You might regret not giving it a chance. What if you find out tickets were selling for 100 or even less. That would destroy me. If you live nearby go have a look. At least stop in at the Pilot to meet some fans.

Posted by: stonesmog ()
Date: November 25, 2012 13:02

I'm gutted too but so grateful for the reports on here. Thanks to everyone who takes the time & trouble to share their experiences.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: November 25, 2012 13:05

flairville
If its near by, go on the off chance, you could get a very reasonably priced ticket! You're a long time dead. Move!

Guess it depends what you call reasonably priced,flairville. Good seats, even at half face value, are still dear as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 25, 2012 13:08

pgarof
I am gutted that I cannot see The Stones this time round, I just can't afford it, I was going to go to the O2 tonight to see if i could get a ticket but with Cristmas coming up i really can't justify spending that sort of money. Gutted Gutted Gutted!!

I really hope Mick Jagger reads this ..............

MJ .... you're pricing out some of your fanbase !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: cooheid ()
Date: November 25, 2012 13:18

Gutted here as well but the ticket price and 800 mile round trip is just too much this time around.Done it 3 times before including the time they cancelled at the last minute, that was a hoot as well.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: November 25, 2012 13:21

Yes, I am in the same boat but not close enough to just turn up tonight and hope for a ticket. By the time I add on travel and accommodation I just can't justify it. I dearly wish that I could go.

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: November 25, 2012 13:28

I'm certainly not gutted about it - no way would I pay these stupid prices,totally unacceptable in my view - just hope common sense prevails,if & when a tour is announced.Too far for me to turn up on the offchance of a sensible priced ticket at last minute - all the same,for those of u who can afford it,have a great time.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 25, 2012 14:05

If I lived nearby I would go to the venue and wait outside. Five minutes before the show there are always scalpers selling at considerable lower prices. Or you might find some returned or unsold cheap (well, the cheapest there are...) tickets at the venue office. Give it a try!

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 25, 2012 14:07

Stoneage
If I lived nearby I would go to the venue and wait outside. Five minutes before the show there are always scalpers selling at considerable lower prices. Or you might find some returned or unsold cheap (well, the cheapest there are...) tickets at the venue office. Give it a try!

Totally. Worth a punt dude

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 25, 2012 14:47

Monkeytonkman
Stoneage

Totally. Worth a punt dude

See what has been said many times on the Ticket Drop thread: the O2 do not allow scalpers anywhere within shouting distance of the venue. The O2 box office will be selling whatever they have at face value.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 25, 2012 15:24

Get a sideshow bob wig, make some truly weird faces that blend exhaustion with psycopathy & Make a nametag for yourself that says "blondie chaplain." They'll probably let you backstage free.smileys with beer

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: November 25, 2012 15:26

Last I heard tickets in Brooklyn were not selling. I'm thing you could probably scalp a seat for $100 US on the night of the show.

But to anwser the question.....No I am not gutted. I am not going to overpay either. I've seen my fair share of Stones shows and if I never see another so be it.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 25, 2012 16:51

In regards to ticket prices if you are near the venue and you really want to go head down before the show and see what is available the Stones do NOT want to play to half empty arenas and want to sellthe tickets. What was 500.00 might be available or 100.00. i did that for Bob Seger went on the night of the show and bought a fifth row floor seat that was originally priced at 250.00 for 75.00. Its worth a shot if you are close by.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 25, 2012 17:14

Couldn't you just put your ear to the wall and like a distant scream hear one guitar just blow you away?

Date: November 25, 2012 17:21

pgarof

Check them out on PPV and then just wait until next year when ticket prices will be more suitable for you.

Date: November 25, 2012 17:28

JumpinJackOLantern
pgarof

Check them out on PPV and then just wait until next year when ticket prices will be more suitable for you.

Ticket prices will be the same, plus he'll have to travel to Tokyo or Los Angeles or The United Arab Emirates to pay them. Much easier to just put your ear to the wall. They don't charge for that, do they? Maybe they do. I think maybe they charge 10 quid for that.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 25, 2012 17:32

Why be gutted over not going ?
Just think how gutted you would be if you did go and then needed that money for something practical ?

Sounds to me like you made the right choice, and that's something to be proud of.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 25, 2012 18:05

I would go. I didn't go to the Paradiso show in 95 because I thought there would be a million people in front of me waiting for tickets. In the end they where handing out free tickets to passer-by's 15 minutes before the show because they needed to fill the room.

Mathijs

Date: November 25, 2012 18:38

tatters
JumpinJackOLantern
pgarof

Ticket prices will be the same, plus he'll have to travel to Tokyo or Los Angeles or The United Arab Emirates to pay them. Much easier to just put your ear to the wall. They don't charge for that, do they? Maybe they do. I think maybe they charge 10 quid for that.

I don't think Mick saw this firestorm coming. There will be some serious negotiations between them and the promoters after this run of shows are done. At least I hope so.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 25, 2012 19:02

Going by ticket prices in the States, I'm not sure how they justified nearly doubling the price for the best
seats, not counting the pits, which were almost impossible to to find, outside of the VIP packages. Surely
they knew the economy fell quite a bit since 2008 and most people weren't getting raises of any
significance, if they had a job.

I went for it anyway, for the Newark shows, hoping they are really really good tonight.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 25, 2012 19:09

JumpinJackOLantern
tatters
JumpinJackOLantern
pgarof

I don't think Mick saw this firestorm coming. There will be some serious negotiations between them and the promoters after this run of shows are done. At least I hope so.

They may just decide to pack it in after Dec. 15. Very hard to lower your ticket prices once you've already established a precedent. It would require some very clumsy PR footwork. "Oh, well, those shows were special. That's why the tickets why so expensive. This next batch of shows won't be nearly so special, and we've lowered our prices accordingly."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-25 19:11 by tatters.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 25, 2012 20:15

Are the O2 shows sold out? Only thing gutted really is my extra spending allowance after buying a couple of decent seats for the Brooklyn show. peace

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 25, 2012 20:23

Naturalust
Are the O2 shows sold out? Only thing gutted really is my extra spending allowance after buying a couple of decent seats for the Brooklyn show. peace

NL, you flying in for the Brooklyn show? Stay for Newark, I'll buy you a beer, or whatever you're drinking. drinking smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 25, 2012 20:56

gutted is the wrong word... more just sad... down... feeling bad.
I dont like that I allowed this to pass me by, I am not used to that...

That was why I went to opening night Boston back in 2005 and opening
night in Chicago before that.... it is what I do did to avoid this feeling.... but today? YUVCK! iphone ! !

Date: November 25, 2012 21:43

latebloomer
Naturalust

NL, you flying in for the Brooklyn show? Stay for Newark, I'll buy you a beer, or whatever you're drinking. drinking smiley

Whoo Hoo! That sounds like an offer I can't refuse. Thanks bloomer, you are a sweetheart. I am staying in CT with some friends and plan to get closer to the City for the show. Can't friggin believe the stones are playing TODAY in London. I can feel the excitement from here. peace

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: November 26, 2012 01:30

Naturalust
latebloomer
Naturalust

Whoo Hoo! That sounds like an offer I can't refuse. Thanks bloomer, you are a sweetheart. I am staying in CT with some friends and plan to get closer to the City for the show. Can't friggin believe the stones are playing TODAY in London. I can feel the excitement from here. peace
Howdy, guys! I'll be in NYC 'from 11/30 til 12/05. I'm on Houston St. If you're around, let me know!! Love to meet for a drink... I'll be at the MoMA to see the Stones exhibit & at the Barclay on Monday night for Neil Young. I'm going to try to get a ticket for the Stones. Cheers! smoking smiley

Date: November 26, 2012 17:11

memphiscats
Naturalust
latebloomer
Naturalust

Howdy, guys! I'll be in NYC 'from 11/30 til 12/05. I'm on Houston St. If you're around, let me know!! Love to meet for a drink... I'll be at the MoMA to see the Stones exhibit & at the Barclay on Monday night for Neil Young. I'm going to try to get a ticket for the Stones. Cheers! smoking smiley

Hi MCats! I would love to hook up. I will work on some passes for the Neil show for you, did you get good seats? I should see those folks in the next coupla days. Sounds like the Stones show will be worth your while too based on Gazza'a review of last nights performance. Thanks for the reminder about the MoMA exhibit, what a great way to get in the mood for the show! peace

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 26, 2012 17:30

skelly
Yes, I am in the same boat but not close enough to just turn up tonight and hope for a ticket. By the time I add on travel and accommodation I just can't justify it. I dearly wish that I could go.

I am also in that boat. Delighted that the gig seems to have been fantstic (and that Keith can still play), but the ticket prices were too high. It's a rock ' n roll show, after all. It was dear enough last time around, but the current tickets were ridiculously priced and packaged.

If I lived near London, I would have risked scoring a last minute ticket, but I live too far away and would have to have arranged accommodation, travel, time off work. Never a problem in the past, but not with the nosebleeds coming in at nearly a grand a pair, if you can get them!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1673
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home