Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Glastonbury and Wembley Stadium Summer 2013 ?
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 24, 2012 21:41

I know it is the eve of the first O2 arena gig in the winter, but I reckon these 2 summer venues for The Rolling Stones will happen. winking smiley

Re: Glastonbury and Wembley Stadium Summer 2013 ?
Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 24, 2012 21:54

Yes. It would be great. Wembley : yes. Glastonbury : doubt.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 24, 2012 21:55

I would be amazed if the Stones let this 50th anniversary or their career end without playing a show at the new Wembley Stadium.

Its the 'flagship' stadium in the UK (and the world) and they're the 'flagship' band in the UK (and the world!)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 24, 2012 22:40

They say "it is good to be home" when they play Wembley Stadium. I have seen them twelve times at the stadium, all the shows there, and I do really wish they could do some normal price shows at Wembley Stadium, so that ALL of my friends could go.

Back in 1982, when I was a poor father of three children age 2, 4, 6, and just out of university, my wife said it was ok I took a flight out to London to see the Rolling Stones' two shows there. I slept for free on a chair at Heathrow airport the night between the shows and I was really in heaven. When they played "Land Of Hope And Glory" as I walked out of the stadium I promised myself I would return to Wembley stadium as many times as I could when the Stones played there. In 1990 I got 5 shows. The rest is history.

Bjornulf

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:04

BV i love your devotion.thumbs up

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:11

BV, a question: How many times you saw the Stones???

Benjamin.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:12

Great story BV. I feel sure the Summer of 2013 will bring at least 2 shows at Wembley Stadium which I am sure was a favourite venue of The Stones. Just like MSG in New York which I also think they will play at some time next year. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:31

The magic 8 ball says...

it is highly unlikely.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:33

I stopped counting some ten years ago. Shows are not numbers but memories. And it is hard to differ complete rehearsals at Soldier Fields when I see all of the dress rehearsals, more than a show, but without a crowd, only fan inside, club shows, Mick solo gig, rehearsals, then real shows and so on. I just want to be there and listen, wherever they play. That's all.

Bjornulf

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:38

bv
I stopped counting some ten years ago. Shows are not numbers but memories. And it is hard to differ complete rehearsals at Soldier Fields when I see all of the dress rehearsals, more than a show, but without a crowd, only fan inside, club shows, Mick solo gig, rehearsals, then real shows and so on. I just want to be there and listen, wherever they play. That's all.

I almost regreat to be 23 years old grinning smiley

Benjamin.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:45

"let it rock"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1684
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home