Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Warning - Comedy, The Unknown Stone
Posted by: mark ()
Date: January 2, 2005 00:14

With all the 'who is or was a Stone' Debate I had to pass this little bit of Canadian humour. I'm watching the Red Green Show Special recap show...Hindsite is 20/20. I believe this show is in syndication so you may have seen it, if not check out the web site. One thing we Canucks love to do is make fun of ourselves and this show is truly Canadian sterotyping at it's best ( if you live in the wilds).

So one of the regular characters...Hap Shaughnessy is a compulsive lier/story teller, here is how the web site describes his charachter:

He runs the local ferry boat. That much is true. Everything else he says is far from true . But he says it with such aplomb, and he can calmly answer any question, any nitpicker, any naysayer, that he should really be in politics. But then he was, "I used to be King of England..." Spy. Astronaut. Inventor. President. Race car driver. Brain surgeon. No matter what you've done, he's done it better, bigger, and with more beautiful women. He knows his stories sound amazing, "If I hadn't seen me kill that rhino with that spoon, I wouldn't have believed it could be done." He doesn't tell tall tales, these are...

Anyway....the bit they show of Hap is the time he states he was once a Rolling Stone, While Red is trying to question his story, what did you play...tamborine, hell no says Hap I played Guitar, of course REd takes the tack that OK you jammed with the Stones...OH no says Hap I played lead guitar, evidently a little known fact was that he had covered for Keith during a 5 month period in rehab...very hush hush. Far fetched you say, I don't know, he did kill a rino with a spoon.

Re: Warning - Comedy, The Unknown Stone
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 2, 2005 00:22

Not bad. Reminds me of that skit on Saturday Night Live when Jon Lovitz is trying to pick up Jerry Hall in a bar, doesnt know who she is and starts bullshitting her with tall tales - even claiming that not only does he know Mick Jagger but that "we were in Vietnam together..in fact I saved his life.."

Jerry : Mick wasnt in Vietnam!
Lovitz : I know - thats how I saved his life, I talked him out of going..

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 2, 2005 01:33

Hey Mark: And and and Hap wrapped up the rhino in Duct Tape! This is brilliant comedy. Reminds me of British Fawlty Towers.

Posted by: mark ()
Date: January 2, 2005 01:43

Is there nothing a canuck can not do with duct tape, even has sexual uses. It is funny stuff, the show that is, nothin funny about duct tape, serious stuff.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 2, 2005 01:56

Mark: Well, I was moving at the time and we were really going thru lots of rolls. As far as sexual uses, you can try to use it against saran wrap but it is too brutal. Food for thought.

I'll bet the Stones go thru alot of it during a tour. Maybe they should market duct tape with the tongue on it! I could use it to mark my archives.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2068
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home