Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: What do you say to someone when they disrespect the Stones?
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 3, 2014 17:39

Absorb the attack and then counter...........

Yes, they do suck, give them half a chance and they'll suck your wallet dry (and laugh) but man, you don't half have/get some f..ucking good music for that - anyone who can't feel the Stones music is dead from the neck down and that's their problem)...............

Or, just don't take it so seriously, or as Keith said "take it so hard"...ie. Yeah, their next album is gonna be called "Tales from the crypt - part 2
Also, as Keith said, only the lucky get old....

Or, ask "what do their teenage relatives think of Green Day?"

ie. I heard two teenage girls talking about 'a boy' they knew in a shop the other day, one said "He's ancient"....the other "how old?"...."28"..........confused smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-03 23:31 by EddieByword.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 3, 2014 17:51

Go to your room and don't come out till dinnertime.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 3, 2014 18:08

you dont say nothing, just kill them

Jeroen

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 3, 2014 18:15

Why would you say anything?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 3, 2014 18:15

it's fighting words to me .

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 3, 2014 18:22

I rather like the above post that sums it up: "You either get it or you don't."

I generally just smile and say "Oh piss off..."

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 3, 2014 18:42

It's their opinion. I could care less. The only thing that bothers me are age and appearance jokes because they usually aren't original and have been repeated thousands of times.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 3, 2014 18:49

I would say "Your loss."

Just thought I'd jump in and drop my two cents into the wishing well before this ancient resurrected thread gets closed later today.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 3, 2014 19:15

Tell them to go see a show. I know few persons who aren't stones fanatics but who enjoy live music. Last year they went to see the Stones in Philly and DC and told me that they liked those shows a lot. I was very surprised by their enthousiasm knowing that they didn't really care about the stones. If the disrespect comes from a bad experience from a show or from listening to the latest records, don't say anything and count them as to far gone to be saved and turned into believers.tongue sticking out smiley
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 3, 2014 19:22

I tell 'em there's five decades of evidence that they are the best

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 3, 2014 19:23

corriecas
you dont say nothing, just kill them

Jeroen
Imitate Keef and pull a knife on them

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 3, 2014 19:28

stonesfan70
Just curious since I had a situation at work the other day. The ignoramus who sits in the cubicle next to mine had to start by making fun of how old the Stones look these days (which is ridiculous in itself since he is just as old as they are). Then the moron who sits on the other side of me had to chime in with his ingenious comment that "the Stones suck."

Now my first reaction was to jam a pen through his throat but I settled for showing my disdain for the lame music he likes - punk, namely Green Day (excuse me while I retch).

Not that I'm losing any sleep over it, but it does get under my skin since every time somebody bashes the Stones, Mick, or Keith, it is always some dumbass with horrible musical taste or totally clueless about music in general.

Does anybody have any classic responses? I would like to know.

No need to say anything. Clearly indicates they know NOTHING about rock n roll

Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 3, 2014 19:49

It's not worth the effort to engage these people in conversation. Ignore them and move on.

Date: March 3, 2014 19:50

fahthree
It's their opinion. I could care less. The only thing that bothers me are age and appearance jokes because they usually aren't original and have been repeated thousands of times.

This is so true, I think I first heard the words "zimmerframe" on radio 1 in the UK - 1978

Date: March 3, 2014 19:52

stonehearted
I would say "Your loss."

Just thought I'd jump in and drop my two cents into the wishing well before this ancient resurrected thread gets closed later today.

I didn't notice......eye rolling smiley .........even the guy who posted it hasn't be on for 4 years.......

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: March 3, 2014 20:05

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'd say nothing.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 3, 2014 20:06

EddieByword
stonehearted
I would say "Your loss."

I didn't notice......eye rolling smiley .........even the guy who posted it hasn't be on for 4 years.......

Make that two that didn't notice!

I don't say anything. It's just whatever. It doesn't matter to the Stones so so what. Good or bad they're still going so there you go. One can argue legacy all they want. The Beatles' legacy is secure the way it is because they stopped. Same with Led Zeppelin. The Stones kept going. Fine. Whatever. So did Frank Sinatra and whoever else.

Who cares! What is their point? How or why does it matter? The post Bill Wyman Stones suck or overall? What for? Why? Because they charge so much money? Don't go! Because they don't have as many memorable or hit songs as The Beatles? Because they're so old? Because they're not as good as they were in 19XX? It's a choice to listen to them or like them, not a requirement. If they don't like them they don't like them. Are they missing out? Perhaps. But if they don't like them then they aren't missing out then are they.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 3, 2014 20:19

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 3, 2014 21:02

I was at a dinner party, when one of the guests was commenting on how the Stones were too old and they should retire. Now this guy is a classical music snob, so I replied to him that nobody criticises Daniel Beremboim for directing tannhauser at 70, so the Stones should be free to perform at their mature age. His face just droppedhot smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 3, 2014 21:27

You straighten your 80's tie, glance down at your shoes and then look the weener squarely in the eye and say "Now they're respected in society, they don't worry about the things that they used to be..."

Then sip your drink

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: March 3, 2014 21:31

the general rant I hear is about their age and how they're too old to do this stuff.

I obviously disagree but I think people would rather be rockin' on stage or doing what they've always loved doing rather than bore themselves to death when they reach that age.

what I do is just smile and leave the comments aside, people are usually just looking for an argument so there's really no point in fueling the debate.

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 3, 2014 21:43

When they are finished talking .....I always say "WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 3, 2014 21:53

I say: Feck You Motherfecker for desrispecteng the Stones damn it!

2 1 2 0

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 3, 2014 22:11

I always feel violated. Nobody bashes the stones but me.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 3, 2014 22:14

If someone says they dont' like the stones, my first question is "Not even Paint It Black"? Everyone likes that song.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 3, 2014 22:24

..........A right to the head and a left to the cheek ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: eraser ()
Date: March 3, 2014 23:26

stonesfan70
I settled for showing my disdain for the lame music he likes - punk, namely Green Day (excuse me while I retch).

Green Day - not "punk", apart from in the music industry sense of radio-friendly unit shifters to mall rats expressing their individuality by all dressing. speaking and thinking the same way...

The original "punk" bands - whether the Stooges, MC5, Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Clash etc - were all big Stones fans. To paraphrase Joe Stummer's quote about 80's minor leaguers The Alarm - Green Day are a pale imitation of a shadow of the Clash

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 3, 2014 23:52

Why would anyone care if someone bashes the Stones? Do you really care that someone does not like the same music as you?

Date: March 4, 2014 00:00

Munichhilton
You straighten your 80's tie, glance down at your shoes and then look the weener squarely in the eye and say "Now they're respected in society, they don't worry about the things that they used to be..."

Then sip your drink

What'd you lose your 1978 tie?

Date: March 4, 2014 00:01

I find if you offer them money, they may change their mind.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1629
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home