Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sky news want to interview a fan about expensive ticket buying
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 20, 2012 17:12

I have been contacted by Sky News about doing an interview. They want to talk to a fan who spend a decent amount of money on a ticket for the show on Sunday, may be through a broker or package deal, anyway a story about spending money on the ticket.

The interview will be done in central London Thursday before noon. Please post your stories here and I can pick one or two contacts for them to interview. They are looking for a good story, not just a scandal sort of interview I think.

Feel free to send me an e-mail at this address:

iorr@arena.no

Thanks!

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-20 21:08 by bv.

Re: Sky news want to interview a fan about expensive ticket buying
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 20, 2012 17:25

Hi Björnulf
Nothing spectacular I did not have the timeline and nerves to wait for the ticket so for the first show I bought the package deal with dine and wine and A1-3 seats. It is by far very very expensive, and the interview seems to early as you do not know the reward of what it's worth. winking smiley
Cross fingers that everything will be fine.

Date: November 20, 2012 17:25

Over to Paulywaul......his moment has come!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 20, 2012 17:27

Manofwealthandtaste

Paul will be unleashed later.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 20, 2012 17:42

Manofwealthandtaste

Although I'm in blocks 101 and 112 - the 'orrible fact of the matter is ........ gasp shudder .......... I HAVEN'T USED A SECONDARY SITE OR A SCALPER to get tickets. Heaven forbid, I paid FACE VALUE for them.

I know I know, it's truly scandalous, but hey .... SOMEONE had to do it !! winking smiley

So judging by Bjornulf's comment, I don't think I'm an ideal candidate for this sad smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 20, 2012 18:33

I nominate Tom Green!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 20, 2012 18:50

Beast
I nominate Tom Green!

Yeah, after his recent pit ticket "extravaganza", I think Tom qualifies !! winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: November 20, 2012 19:53

How about someone who bought O2 tickets from an agency at LESS than face value? It happens...

Date: November 20, 2012 21:08

Feel free to send me an e-mail at this address:

iorr@arena.no

Thanks!

Bjornulf

Date: November 20, 2012 21:11

So people have been complaining about high ticket prices for weeks, and now you have to tell the Stones and the world through Sky News your story, how you got your great and may be sort of expensive ticket...

Bjornulf

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 20, 2012 21:15

Maybe more to the story than just high prices might be the heartache involved in getting tickets? Anyhow, should be no problem finding a person for this. I think a lot of us are still hoping for pit tickets.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 20, 2012 21:53

bv
So people have been complaining about high ticket prices for weeks

Indeed, I am very curious to who is going to respond.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 20, 2012 23:22

Well, I couldn't possibly make it to the interview but I bought through ticket master on the day the sales started on a "best available" basis. I'm 25 rows back in B1**.
At the time of writing row A is available in a better B1** block.
So those tickets weren't the best available.
Not a new story by any means, but at 400 pounds it's pretty outrageous.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 20, 2012 23:42

bv
So people have been complaining about high ticket prices for weeks, and now you have to tell the Stones and the world through Sky News your story, how you got your great and may be sort of expensive ticket...

Only those are allowed to 'complain' who actually bought the over-priced tickets... eye rolling smiley

Me thinks the real criticism or message will not be heard via this method.

- Doxa

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 21, 2012 01:32

Exactly. Not sure how this story can be spun in a way that isn't negative, unless they're going for an "I'm so crazy about the Stones I spent £3,000 for a £400 ticket" -type story.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: November 21, 2012 01:36

BV:
I guess that it is just that the times have changed; there was a day when effort got you tickets. All night at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY got us 14th row for Voodoo Lounge. Today tickets go straight to the secondary market, as we all know, and then just the rich can really afford them; with little or no effort and it all is tax deductable. I am one who would put in the effort to get a ticket, hell, my daughter and I drove 5 hours for the video shoot in NYC (truth be told we met some other iorr people and had a great day so no loss there). Getting tickets used to mean going the extra mile with the effort, now it is rich corporate that take some young girl hoping that they get a lap dance and their wife does not find out. The US is now a plutocracy, I hope the rest of you are fairing better.

Posted by: BingotheCabbie ()
Date: November 21, 2012 01:41

Bob C. hit the nail on the head.

I got last row in the Barclays Center in Brooklyn the day they went on sale. $177 for last friggin row,that's crazy. That's the cheap seat. I heard Barclay's is not close to sold out as of this post....I hope that's true so I may get to move down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 02:09 by BingotheCabbie.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 21, 2012 02:57

When the show hits the USA I would be happy to talk with them about the high ticket prices. I could have flown from San Francisco to London twice for what I paid for a couple tickets. I hope this inquiry turns out a good mouthpiece for the many fans who truly believe the prices are too high. I also hope they interview him or her after the show to see if they feel they got their money's worth. lol

Probably alot more volunteers from the fans who couldn't see this round of shows because of the price. peace

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: November 21, 2012 04:44

It'll definitely be worth it for an arena show if they never break out into a world tour for one reason or another! It'll be historic. And quite possibly a last chance live. Never know what the future holds. I wish I could go, because I don't know there will be more for sure, even tho they want to. Plus, arena is different than a stadium. I think it's definitely worth it if you love the Stones.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:45

Gazza
...unless they're going for an "I'm so crazy about the Stones I spent £3,000 for a £400 ticket" -type story.

That's what I was thinking they were aiming at when seeing this topic. Typically tasteless thing to include in a "rolling stones made documentary" broadcasted together with the PPV concert. But since it's Sky news.....then, maybe it's more down-to-earth

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 15:55 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:21

So I would go on TV and say that £400 was a piss take then admit to paying double that .

Yes that would really stick it to them -

MJ "Richard it's Mick here"

Branson "Did you get the $25 million cheque"

MJ "Yes it just arrived"

Branson "that's great then ?"

MJ "er no.There's a guy on TV who was willing to pay double ! "

Branson "OK I'll adjust upwards for the tour"

MJ "F**k off, I'm ringing Cohl"

p.s I saved for the tour.That's the only reason I could afford it.Cancelled plans for New York though. I won't go into debt for them.

>grinning smiley<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 18:46 by straycatuk.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:28

riverrat
It'll definitely be worth it for an arena show if they never break out into a world tour for one reason or another! It'll be historic. And quite possibly a last chance live. Never know what the future holds. I wish I could go, because I don't know there will be more for sure, even tho they want to. Plus, arena is different than a stadium. I think it's definitely worth it if you love the Stones.

As your personal opinion, ok, right, but in general this is rubbish. It has nothing to do with "love for the Stones", it's all about the Stones shamelessly exploiting their fans love for them.

If one falls into this hype trap "oh, it could be the last time, it's historic, plus it's an arena show, so I better sell my house, my wife and children to get some tix", it's up to each individual, to each their own, but the best decisions in life are never made in a state of hystery.

All in all, these are just some more Stones shows. If one saw them before, or even went to tons of shows in the past decades, it does not really matter if the upcoming shows are the last ones or not. It's just a psychological thing - "LAST CALL - DON'T THINK TWICE - PUT YOUR CASH ON THE TABLE!".

Funny thing is that they don't even say that these shows are going to be their last ones. It's us fans who blow this up to historical proportations.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:37

Bob C.
The US is now a plutocracy, I hope the rest of you are fairing better.

Alas the 1% that destroyed the US has worked very hard to also destroy Europe so no we're not doing better than you...
(apologies for the OT rant).

Date: November 22, 2012 02:35

alimente
riverrat

As your personal opinion, ok, right, but in general this is rubbish. It has nothing to do with "love for the Stones", it's all about the Stones shamelessly exploiting their fans love for them.

If one falls into this hype trap "oh, it could be the last time, it's historic, plus it's an arena show, so I better sell my house, my wife and children to get some tix", it's up to each individual, to each their own, but the best decisions in life are never made in a state of hystery.

All in all, these are just some more Stones shows. If one saw them before, or even went to tons of shows in the past decades, it does not really matter if the upcoming shows are the last ones or not. It's just a psychological thing - "LAST CALL - DON'T THINK TWICE - PUT YOUR CASH ON THE TABLE!".

Funny thing is that they don't even say that these shows are going to be their last ones. It's us fans who blow this up to historical proportations.

I'm not able to judge the motives of their hearts, alimente, and I'm not suggesting "selling house,wife,children" to get tickets. Perhaps I haven't seen as many shows as you, so for me it's worth it to be in the arena to hear the same thing people who pay the highest price pay for a lesser amount. I don't have to be in the first few rows to catch a pick or a wink. I'm happy clear across the back. The sound and the show are the same.

They're 70, dude! They don't have to announce it's the last time.

If you don't want to go, don't go. They probably won't even notice.

Sorry you can't get into an arena show for 50 bucks.

Date: November 22, 2012 02:43

If I was able to get there, I think it would be fun to party with the upper crust. They probably don't complain as much, and they probably smell better.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 22, 2012 06:57

riverrat
If I was able to get there, I think it would be fun to party with the upper crust. They probably don't complain as much, and they probably smell better.

Now you're moving from rubbish to somewhere between sillyness and ridicule.

Date: November 22, 2012 07:18

just being sassy

Date: November 22, 2012 14:25

The VIP's leave before the encore. They miss the best part, but they have valet parking and free drinks of course. I would rather be in the crowd and queue out after the show.

Bjornulf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2498
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home