Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Write down all new tour facts here!
Date: December 30, 2004 13:29

I just realised that there are lots of news concerning the new tour on the "A new Exile"-topic... Put them here! Write down everything you know, so we can start making travelling arrangements... Happy new year to you all!

Re: Write down all new tour facts here!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 30, 2004 14:21

huh?

why duplicate them?

there arent any "news" - just "plans". Which are subject to change...

If you can make travelling arrangements on that information, good luck to you.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 30, 2004 14:28

Closer to the tour, I'm sure Bjornulf will create a special tour page on IORR. Just as he did prior to the launch of the B2B, NS and LICKS tours.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: December 30, 2004 16:55

Here's my info: I aint going!

(maybe I will after all)

Happy New year Mick, Keith, Charlie and Bill and Ron
Happy New Year Brian

Date: December 30, 2004 17:14

You're wishing Happy New Year to a dead Rolling Stone but omitting a living one?

Very bizarre!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 30, 2004 18:38

Sorry Gaz, what's bizarre is that you are refering to MT as an authentic Rolling Stone? No way. LA FORUM is correct, he named ALL the real STONES, not in order though. In order, and in reference to how the Rolling Stones were added to the RS band that Brian started, is as follows: BRIAN, KEITH, MICK, BILL and then Charlie, then RONNIE.

You can't compare MT to Ronnie, in being a STONE, (MT was a fill in). Ronnie has been a STONE for 30 years, compared to MT's barely 5 years of "filling in," while the STONES actually waited for Ronnie to finish with the FACES.

Keith's own words, "It was so obvious to me that Ronnie should be in the Stones. The only reason he didn't join earlier is that "nobody" [key word here] wanted to be the reason for the Faces breaking up."

Keith also spoke of how Ronnie and he was closer to the STONES sound than MT and he was. (On the ancient art of weaving):

"Woody and I can start playing together until we don't know who played the last lick. It's as close as that. We, both become one instrument. You're in the other person's head and he's in yours, and you two are on this little mental plane where no one else is, trying to predict and and follow, all at the same time." 'Keith and Ronnie played the same way Keith had played with Brian and their connection was similar,...In the spring of 1975, a whole new emotional engine began to run."

Keith set the record straight: "He, [Taylor] never really wrote things, in spite of what he said. It's basically imagination."

MT left the band because of his foolish pride and his "Stupid wife." (NK)

Keith's attitude was, "We've got these sessions to do, we're the Rolling Stones. (@#$%& him.")

Taylor fans will twist the above, but these are facts. Sure, Keith has had kind words for MT, but then, Keith has kind words for a lot of people from time to time.

Remember, Brian started and named the band, 'in homage to Muddy Waters' song "Rollin' Stone." Brian will always be a STONE. You can't change the facts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2004-12-30 19:20 by Demon.

Date: December 30, 2004 18:38

Repeat, sorry. Why does this forum repeat sometimes?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2004-12-30 18:41 by Demon.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: December 30, 2004 21:31

Whatever Keith says, Mick Taylor was a Rolling Stone for 5 1/2 years. Keith's not so different from Bill as he might like to be in that they both tend (as Stones, anyway, dont know about personal lives)to be passive aggresive & act out in the press. I mean 2 guys in the same band dont talk for 8 years?? (8 productive years at that)

Date: December 30, 2004 22:49

>Sorry Gaz, what's bizarre is that you are refering to MT as an authentic Rolling Stone? No way. LA FORUM is correct, he named ALL the real STONES, not in order though. In order, and in reference to how the Rolling Stones were added to the RS band that Brian started, is as follows: BRIAN, KEITH, MICK, BILL and then Charlie, then RONNIE.

(Rolls eyes....)

which is obviously why they held a press conference and photo call in Hyde Park in June 1969 to announce Mick taylor as their new...guitarist..

whatever...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2004-12-30 23:04 by Gazza.

Posted by: Railing staine ()
Date: December 30, 2004 22:51

allright:
FACT
vocals: Mick Jagger
Guitar/ vocal: Keith Richards
Guitar/ fooling around: Ron Wood
Drum: Charlie Watts
Background vocals: Bernard Fowler, Lisa Fischer, Blondie Chaplin, Chuck leavell
Keyboards: Chuck leavell
Sax: Bobby Keys
Trumpet: Kent Smith
Trombone: Michael Davis

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: January 3, 2005 01:19

what about darryl jones on bass??---he has been 11 years with the band, y'know...and he's very good.....yea yea i know---he's no bill wyman....but bill wyman was no dick taylor either---think about that!!!

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Date: January 3, 2005 01:42

there are no facts, just rumours, at this point.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2451
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home