Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Glendale May 7 Song Vote
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 6, 2024 21:46

Hadn't seen it mentioned previously (or might have missed it), but it looks like the Song Vote is for ticket holders.

[www.instagram.com]

--

Song Vote can be found at the same link from previous years - [vote.rollingstones.com]

- Like A Rolling Stone
- Monkey Man
- Emotional Rescue
- Heartbreaker

Re: Glendale May 7 Song Vote
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 6, 2024 22:08

Would be a toss up between Heartbreaker and Monkey Man for me. Heartbreaker would win cause I've never seen it and just love it so much.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 6, 2024 22:18

For me, it's between Heartbreaker and Emotional Rescue...
Heartbreaker gets my vote

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 6, 2024 22:36

I like them all, but Emotional Rescue isn’t very strong live in my opinion. May the best song win.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 6, 2024 22:37

All 4 songs great but in the end i decided between Monkey Man and Emotional Rescue.
Monkey Man would be great but Emotional Rescue i choose for now.

But happy with all 4 choices.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-06 22:38 by barbabang.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: May 6, 2024 22:39

Heartbreaker and monkey man are best songs but of course like a rolling stone works best in live

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 6, 2024 22:45

Anything but LARS would be fine for me.

Posted by: Musicwinn ()
Date: May 6, 2024 23:05

LARS sounded good in 2022, great versions and the crowd loved it. But I also prefer one of the others, but I don't bother to hear LARS again.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 6, 2024 23:17

Since Mick said in Houston (or NOLA ?) that only the votes of those present were counted, I'll pass ;-)

Interestingly I think MM and HB were pulled out of moth balls for the VL tour. Exciting times...even playing ER live for the first time in 2013 was exciting. Now there's nothing left to mine or maybe they're just not up to it anymore.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 6, 2024 23:30

bye bye johnny

Song Vote is for ticket holders

It was the same in Houston: "Ticketholders have been asked to vote for which song should be added to the setlist for this opening show" - [www.Instagram.com] .

Posted by: Musicwinn ()
Date: May 7, 2024 00:38

It would be interesting to hear how Chanel sounds on Monkey Man. If she gets a solo part like Lisa in 11994/5, then she has 3 moments during a show!

Posted by: scottie7397 ()
Date: May 7, 2024 00:40

Heartbreaker but Emotional I have not heard live.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 7, 2024 04:48

cool smiley
Musicwinn
It would be interesting to hear how Chanel sounds on Monkey Man. If she gets a solo part like Lisa in 11994/5, then she has 3 moments during a show!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 7, 2024 07:33

bye bye johnny
Hadn't seen it mentioned previously (or might have missed it), but it looks like the Song Vote is for ticket holders.

They're just saying that, of course. We know anyone can "vote".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-07 07:33 by Topi.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: May 7, 2024 11:50

Musicwinn

There is no more a "chorist spot" on Monkey Man since 1995 and that's a good thing.

Glendale May 7 Song Vote
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 7, 2024 14:26

"Ticket holders check your emails as you can vote for a song to be added to the set list!"

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-07 14:47 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Jalfstra ()
Date: May 7, 2024 14:40

Tough choice between Monkey Man and Emotional Rescue. Both of them are pretty good played live. I prefer the live versions over the studio versions of those two tracks. Heartbreaker the other way around. Great studio version, mediocre live.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 7, 2024 14:55

I seem to remember from the rehearsals thread that Heartbreaker was rehearsed.

Date: May 7, 2024 15:07

I would rather see Heartbreaker or Monkey Man.

I agree with the earlier post the Emotion Rescue is not that good live.

What happened to She's a Rainbow? I would like to see this one again.

Why can't we get some other songs like If You Can't Rock Me? and some of the lesser played song votes back on the song vote list.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 7, 2024 15:45

bye bye johnny
"Ticket holders check your emails as you can vote for a song to be added to the set list!"

[twitter.com]

Wanna bet the ticket holders are just getting that same vote link?

Posted by: rocknrollal ()
Date: May 7, 2024 15:56

I question whether or not the Stones really pay attention to the vote, or they just pick which song they'd like to do. Either way, we are in for a great show tonight.I haven't heard any of the 4 songs in quite a while and have never heard ER. Maybe they'll play When the Whip comes Down - love that live.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 7, 2024 15:58

I don't know how fair that voting really is, or is it like a Russian election the winner is set a priori, but let's pretend it is. But still it is not fair. I mean, for casual fans,"Like A Rolling Stone" belongs to a different category altogether. I wonder how many will go:

"Oh, I didn't know that classic song is theirs!"

Or

"Oh, man. They are going to play that Dylan classic. Surely I want to hear that!"

Think about the scenario that we diehards had not ever heard the Stones playing it live. Now, out of sudden, they propose playing it live. I think quite many would go crazy: 'shit, now that would be something to hear The Stones doing that number!'. I am afraid many of the casual fans will be in that position now.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-07 16:01 by Doxa.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 7, 2024 16:05

rocknrollal
I question whether or not the Stones really pay attention to the vote, or they just pick which song they'd like to do. Either way, we are in for a great show tonight.I haven't heard any of the 4 songs in quite a while and have never heard ER. Maybe they'll play When the Whip comes Down - love that live.

The whole point of the warhorses they always play is because they, of course, like to play songs that the fans want to hear. The song vote is a geat tool to play a song that clearly people want to hear. What's the point otherwise in doing it?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home