Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

One Man's Take On The Bootleg Series As a Whole
Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: November 16, 2012 16:41

Please enjoy!

[montesnewblog.blogspot.com]

Note -there's one thing I say here that the majority of you will DEFINITELY disagree with! Don't look for it - you'll know it the second you read it! and it has nothing to do with the Dirty Work album!

Peace,

MrMonte

Re: One Man's Take On The Bootleg Series As a Whole
Date: November 16, 2012 19:33

thanks everybody - this is the fastest one of my posts ever made it to 100 hits - almost 120 to be precise! appreciated

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 16, 2012 19:44

MrMonte

Note -there's one thing I say here that the majority of you will DEFINITELY disagree with! Don't look for it - you'll know it the second you read it! and it has nothing to do with the Dirty Work album!

Ah, Love You Live. I enjoy it as well.

Date: November 16, 2012 20:01

actually, I thought it would be that I advocated Tokyo for listening to over LA Friday!

Love You Live is a fine live album, but more about the memories it evokes of a certain time and place than anything else. I partied hard to that album back in the day!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 16, 2012 20:03

MrMonte
Love You Live is a fine live album, but more about the memories it evokes of a certain time and place than anything else. I partied hard to that album back in the day!

After years of slagging it off to all and sundry... I'm now loving it.

It's a flippin' good album.

IORR is tremendous.

Date: November 16, 2012 20:07

GravityBoy
MrMonte

After years of slagging it off to all and sundry... I'm now loving it.

It's a flippin' good album.

IORR is tremendous.

it is indeed

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 16, 2012 20:08

MrMonte
actually, I thought it would be that I advocated Tokyo for listening to over LA Friday!

Well, I think every bootleg in the series has had champions and opponents. I personally like the setlist, and even though I'm not a big fan of the sound on that tour, enjoy it.

I haven't heard nearly as much bashing of Tokyo as I've heard of Love You Live in my time here. It seems to be pretty despised, except for the El Mocambo side.

LA Friday is a good boot, but I don't listen to it much because the static, wherever it comes from, bugs the hell out of me. It might not be THAT noticeable, but once I heard it I couldn't unhear it. Kind of like a ticking clock that you didn't notice, but once you did it was almost deafening. It's not on the whole boot though, and even when I do hear it it's not ruined. But I just wish it wasn't there.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 16, 2012 20:35

good reading. thanks. by the way, what city is that all over your blog - with the bridges and tram?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 16, 2012 21:09

peoplewitheyes
good reading. thanks. by the way, what city is that all over your blog - with the bridges and tram?
It looks like Pittsburgh to me. I like that city.

Date: November 16, 2012 22:05

GumbootCloggeroo
peoplewitheyes
It looks like Pittsburgh to me. I like that city.

quite right, it is my hometown and true love, Pittsburgh.

The blog used to be just about the Pittsburgh Pirates, but there were other things I wanted to write about, but I wanted to keep the Pittsburgh theme and I did NOT want to have a bunch of blogs. I'm not worried about targeting audiences and all that; for me it's just fun.

Monte

over 200 hits already on this piece - by far the fastest I've ever gotten there. Thanks again IORR friends!

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: November 16, 2012 22:21

MrMonte
Please enjoy!

[montesnewblog.blogspot.com]

Peace,

MrMonte

Great to read!
Cheers!

Date: November 17, 2012 05:00

Did I miss the 82 Leeds release?

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 17, 2012 05:49

MrMonte, like your blog and article, I am from Connecticut but have lived in Pittsburgh the last two years. Recently they had a celebration here called Exile on Carson St. All local bands played Exile start to finish. It was great!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 17, 2012 13:24

Great review! Thanks for sharing it here. I agree on your pick of Leeds and Tokyo in your top 5.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: November 17, 2012 14:59

Hound Dog
MrMonte, like your blog and article, I am from Connecticut but have lived in Pittsburgh the last two years. Recently they had a celebration here called Exile on Carson St. All local bands played Exile start to finish. It was great!

Sounds great

Date: November 18, 2012 02:40

thanks for the kind words. that last piece really took off - almost 500 hits already!

Man I wish I knew about that Exile on Carson Street. Would have loved to have been there. Please share a link if you have it. Really wondering what bands played - Nardini? Others?

Date: November 18, 2012 02:48

here's a link from that Exile on Carson Street show. Man, how did that one get by me??? It looks fantastic!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home