Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT: If You Could Hang with One Musician...
Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: November 15, 2012 01:30

It's kill-joy and Styx...OR kill Styx and enjoy.
And my vote remains Keith. Tho' Warren Zevon would be fun too. smoking smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 15, 2012 01:33

memphiscats
And my vote remains Keith.

what about if it has to be someone still living?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 15, 2012 01:49

StonesTod
memphiscats

Keith's liver?

Date: November 15, 2012 02:13

treaclefingers
StonesTod
memphiscats

Keith's liver?

if you want it

Date: November 15, 2012 02:15

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
memphiscats

Keith's liver?

if you want it

than you'll ever be

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: November 15, 2012 09:47

All the chicks want to meet Mick Jagger to spend a nicght with him, as we all know... (anyway, I'm a male)

but for hanging out and talking I would prefer Bill Wyman because he knows so much about the Stones, or Mick Taylor who is a very nice guy (I know because I once talked to him).

Outside of the Stones, Eric Clapton or Van Dyke Parks come to mind - or Van Morrison when he is in a good mood (most probably he's more communicative with women than with men).

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: November 15, 2012 22:11

lightnin' hopkins. yes, i know he's dead.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: November 16, 2012 00:25

treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
memphiscats

Keith's liver?

if you want it

than you'll ever be

Keith's heart & soul tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: November 16, 2012 01:35

1) Muddy Waters.
2) Jimi Hendrix.
3) RW

To hang with a musician...you need a musician who's really nice and has a reliable character.
As a Rolling Stone Ronnie is the most reliable I think. The others are likeable and you can have fun with them but they sometimes can be like Jeckyll and Hyde...but not RW: I really like this guy.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 16, 2012 08:14

Keith's doctor...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: November 16, 2012 15:26

NICOS
stonesnow
None. I prefer the impersonal distance from well-known musicians I admire, the company of whom I would never belong in anyway. I would rather enjoy what they have produced, as even an hour of social contact might change what I think of them personally, and I would rather not think of them in the personal sense....

thumbs up

Same for me I really don't want to meet people who I (have) admired.

What if they a head smaller then me confused smiley

It depends on the occasion, actually! To meet people like Mick J or Keith R just to say 'Thanks, great what you have done' certainly does not sound too promising. But in 1980 I met Alexis Korner in a restaurant, and we had a longer conversation about all kinds of topics, mainly about music and the early days of the Rolling Stones. Alexis was such a nice and friendly guy that it was the experience of a lifetime. I think he enjoyed our talk very much.

When I met Mick Taylor around 2002 we also had a (short) conversation, and it also was very interesting. But a friend of mine who was with me was so struck by the 'star' musician that he urged me to go. I could have talked all evening with Mick about music in general, about other things in life and not only about the Stones. He might have discussed his five years within the band to death.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-16 15:29 by saltoftheearth.

Date: November 16, 2012 16:58

saltoftheearth
I could have talked all evening with Mick about music in general, about other things in life and not only about the Stones.

what a shame for mick that that didn't work out for him....

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 16, 2012 17:25

Come On
Keith's doctor...

Elvis's doctor

I don't trust either one

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 16, 2012 22:05

GravityBoy
Jeeze....

I thought it said "OT: If You Could Hang One Musician..."

That would make for an interesting thread though.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: November 16, 2012 23:46

I would like to meet Mick to thank him, but I think I would be too intimidated. I think I could hang with Ronnie and Keith. I love Charlie's drumming, but I can not imagine finding something to talk about. I will let you know, I'm sure they will alone at the video shoot in NYC tomorrow.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 17, 2012 03:50

Definately brian wilson in his drugged out fat years. I'm a recluse prone to falsetto outbursts too.thumbs up

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 17, 2012 08:30

lunar!!!
lightnin' hopkins. yes, i know he's dead.

he was super cool!!!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 17, 2012 13:59

Green Lady
Max'sKansasCity
stonesnow
None. I prefer the impersonal distance from well-known musicians I admire, the company of whom I would never belong in anyway. I would rather enjoy what they have produced, as even an hour of social contact might change what I think of them personally, and I would rather not think of them in the personal sense....
Truth.

Sort of truth. Not because of the "impersonal distance" or not wanting to find out things you'd rather not have known, but because of the not belonging. Why should we think any of them would waste good music-making time "hanging" with random fan-worshipping strangers?

I was much pleased to read an answer of the type stonesnow gave. I had not expected to find any of the sort. But yes, my agreement was in the understanding that Green Lady presented.

Such a time-consuming, experience-seeking relationship could only have come about out of one shared interest outside rock, and a less than probable chance meeting with a musician in that connection. To mention only one difficulty, what about geographic distance for that to happen? The outcome in such a case would easily have been to be able to share some time with the person, but almost never touch music as theme. Sadly enough, to do that would be to risk to ruin that kind of relationship, because it would undermine what there was of a most limited equal footing between you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 15:01 by Witness.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 17, 2012 14:23

Witness
Green Lady
Max'sKansasCity
stonesnow
Truth.

Sort of truth. Not because of the "impersonal distance" or not wanting to find out things you'd rather not have known, but because of the not belonging. Why should we think any of them would waste good music-making time "hanging" with random fan-worshipping strangers?

I was much pleased to read an answer of the type stonesnow gave. I had not expected to find any of the sort. But yes, my agreement was in the understanding that Green Lady presented.

Such a time-consuming, experience-seeking relationship could only have come about out of one shared interest outside rock, and a less than probable chance meeting with a musician in that connection. To mention only one difficulty, what about geographic distance for that to happen? The outcome in such a case would easily have been to be able share some time with the person, but almost never touch music as theme. Sadly enough, to do that would be to risk to ruin that kind of relationship, because it would undermine what there was of a most limited equal footing between you.

I worship no one. I do enjoy music, but it never goes much further than that. I dont really care much about the people themselves... and facts be known the few artists whom I have actually met were/are not really that intelligent or interesting... and it seems that the more famous a person is, the more yes people they are surrounded by, and I am not a "yes person". I tell it like it is is, and sometimes that doesnt go over well.

I feel there are people I am meant to meet and know, and there are people I am not meant to know personally... as far as wasting time??.... I am more concerned about me wasting my time on them.

I pay them to do a job. I pay them to entetain me. They are like the court jester. Entertain me, and then go away... I dont want to meet them. If I am happy with our relationship with me in the audience and them on stage, performing, would getting to know them make that better? I doubt it.

Bottom line, if it is meant to be for me to meet someone, and we hit it off and become friends/acquaintances then fine... but there is no one I can think of whom I would seek out thinking that they have something really interesting to say to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 14:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 17, 2012 15:43

Beethoven for sure.
And Nick Cave.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: November 17, 2012 16:31

in no particular order.

charlie watts
ronnie wood
keith richards
mick jagger
bill wyman
brian jones
mick taylor
john lennon
jim morrison
george harrison

Date: November 17, 2012 17:02

Palace Revolution 2000
Beethoven for sure.
And Nick Cave.

that's two. the rules were very clear here.

Date: November 17, 2012 17:42

StonesTod
Palace Revolution 2000
Beethoven for sure.
And Nick Cave.

Beethoven's not a musician, he's a composer.

Think about it...not one album, 45, CD, BluRay or DVD audio, MP3, 8 Track, cassette, or even reel to reel by Beethoven.

At that time, the real money was in the composing.

He was a lazy sod..."I'll write it, sure, but I'm sure as hell not going to record or go on tour with it!"

Date: November 17, 2012 17:46

treaclefingers
StonesTod
Palace Revolution 2000
Beethoven for sure.
And Nick Cave.

Think about it...not one album, 45, CD, BluRay or DVD audio, MP3, 8 Track, cassette, or even reel to reel by Beethoven.

He was a lazy sod..."I'll write it, sure, but I'm sure as hell not going to record or go on tour with it!"

the dude played a mean boogie-woogie piano, too, you know. i think he played it on that chuck berry tune about him. quite a tribute.

Date: November 18, 2012 01:15

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
Palace Revolution 2000
Beethoven for sure.
And Nick Cave.

the dude played a mean boogie-woogie piano, too, you know. i think he played it on that chuck berry tune about him. quite a tribute.

What, "Roll over Beethoven" you mean??

A little known fact is that the song is actually about a dinner roll, that Beethoven used to hold over his head during meals. It was 'feat of strength' and endurance first practiced in the earliest festivus festivals.

Pretty festive eh?

Date: November 18, 2012 01:49

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
Palace Revolution 2000
Beethoven for sure.
And Nick Cave.

That is very much something I daydream about. That B'hoven would somehow show up today; but dusty and still stuck in the old ways. he knows nothing about electricity. And I would show him around. First off he would be blown away that his music is still remembered and performed and loved.He would have never have heard it like this because the instruments did not really even exist yet. Much of these beautiful symphonies were on paper and in imagination only. (oh yes - and he can hear now). Then I'd show him a synthesizer

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: November 18, 2012 02:22

treaclefingers

So wrong treacle. Beethoven was an acknowledged virtuoso pianist before he was a famous composer.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: November 18, 2012 02:34

It'd be fun to hang out with all of the Stones, especially Mick.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 18, 2012 02:44

riverrat
It'd be fun to hang out with all of the Stones, especially Mick.

As much as i like their music, i can't fathom anything but awkwardness "hanging out" with the stones. The only hanging out with them i'd like to do is be in the room with them back in the early 80s (my favorite era) when they were rehearsing and listen to them working on "too much blood" grinning smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 18, 2012 06:41

StonesTod, you are on fire today!

I'd like video of any of these cats who want to hang with Keith.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1640
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home