Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ron Wood home movies with parents and Keith
Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: March 18, 2024 20:31

These are new to me at least. Apologies if they've been posted already.

[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

Re: Ron Wood home movies with parents and Keith
Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 19, 2024 11:03

Reminded me of Peggy cooking dinner in Married with Children.

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: March 19, 2024 11:08

thanx for the links, lovely to see ronnie playing with his dad.
here is another one ... [www.youtube.com] movie begins at 35.00

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: March 19, 2024 15:10

Thanks for the link. Never seen that before.
According to Nico Zentgraf's database this comes from an unfinished documentary "Ron Wood - A private view" by Mark Pines in the summer of 1982.
There are many more videos from that project to be found here: https://archive.org/details/markpines
Just skimmed through that and there's also a second part to that video from Redlands with Keith and Ronnie playing https://archive.org/details/mp_Ron_Wood_Protection_Master_23_Ron_Wood_at_Keiths_2_1982-08-22

Date: March 20, 2024 10:36

hi, does anybody know which reggae-songs can be heard in the background while keith and ronnie talk together ?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 20, 2024 12:22

mike567
Thanks for the link. Never seen that before.
According to Nico Zentgraf's database this comes from an unfinished documentary "Ron Wood - A private view" by Mark Pines in the summer of 1982.
There are many more videos from that project to be found here: https://archive.org/details/markpines
Just skimmed through that and there's also a second part to that video from Redlands with Keith and Ronnie playing https://archive.org/details/mp_Ron_Wood_Protection_Master_23_Ron_Wood_at_Keiths_2_1982-08-22

Keith rolling his own at 7:40 ;-)

We also get to see Bert Richards I think, the pictures that appeared around 1983 didn't tell all the story !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 21, 2024 00:47

hi, does anybody know which reggae-songs can be heard in the background while keith and ronnie talk together ?

Gregory Issacs ......

Chucky No Lucky on Jamaican GG label 1974

Released as Innocent People Cry on UK Pyramid label 1974

ROCKMAN

Date: March 21, 2024 12:19

thanks rockie, i will look on youtube if i could find it ...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 21, 2024 12:28

pleasure ..... Yeah its there on da yatube ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 21, 2024 12:53

gotdablouse

Check the vids of Ronnie with Bobby Womack then... much more reprehensible behaviour there.
Which makes me think... apart from the heavy heroin years (76-77) it seems that Keith took much less illicit stuff than people around him.

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: March 21, 2024 14:52

see also here:
[iorr.org]

Posted by: woodyweaving ()
Date: March 23, 2024 07:20

dcba
gotdablouse

Check the vids of Ronnie with Bobby Womack then... much more reprehensible behaviour there.
Which makes me think... apart from the heavy heroin years (76-77) it seems that Keith took much less illicit stuff than people around him.

The more I read about him, the more I develop the sense that aside from his heroin (and apparent alcohol/coke/weed use) Keith played up his image a bit but so did far more people around him than he himself. This established his mythos.

I don't think it's implausible that many were bigger users and those who tried to emulate him were actually far worse than he was. After all, the guy has an enormous library and I think that is something of a lifelong habit.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 23, 2024 19:15

woodyweaving

The more I read about him, the more I develop the sense that aside from his heroin (and apparent alcohol/coke/weed use) Keith played up his image a bit but so did far more people around him than he himself. This established his mythos.

Remember that on the 81 tour Keith acted as a drug counselor for Ronnie, as he forbade him to freebase coke. That did not work too well but at least Keith tried.

Date: March 23, 2024 20:43

Thank you very much.

I wish more videos like this were uploaded.

(at those times it seems they did not pay the electricity bills...grinning smiley).

Posted by: woodyweaving ()
Date: March 24, 2024 14:20

dcba
woodyweaving

Remember that on the 81 tour Keith acted as a drug counselor for Ronnie, as he forbade him to freebase coke. That did not work too well but at least Keith tried.

That's a good point - was this in someone's biography? I can recall reading it, but not where I read it...
I think Keith is far more shrewd than people gave him credit for. Considering them demise of those of his era and many who came after (Lou Reed, David Bowie and such come to mind) I would love to know what Keith's lifestyle was really like. Anyhow, I feel as though I'm digressing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1993
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home