Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Someone sharted on Watts' drums
Posted by: beepee ()
Date: November 13, 2012 00:46

Re: Someone sharted on Watts' drums
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 13, 2012 00:52

You mean someone took a shiss? I think someone was trying to claim a similarity in grooves between Little T&A and Doom and Gloom. "She's my little D&G.... She gotta shart them show them she's my little D&G"....

Date: November 13, 2012 00:58

No I mean the drums recording in D&G is bullshit... or it's not even real drums, sounds like someone hitting the kitchen table with a cereal box at best.

Posted by: JaIsNotDead ()
Date: November 13, 2012 01:12

What is this?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 13, 2012 01:14

JaIsNotDead
What is this?

A very good question

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: November 13, 2012 01:24

Certainly not Charlie's fault they decide to add to the snare sound for whatever reason. The wash on the snare sound is over the top on T&A and silly in hindsight. The digitally enhanced snare (and drums) on D&G is fake sounding too but again Don Was or whomever decided it sounded cool, wrong!

But listen to the snare on One More Shot it's excellent IMO. Nice crack sound, you can hear the resonance of the snare shell with just enough snare wash. Nothing tops properly recorded drums without enhancements IMO of course.

Date: November 13, 2012 01:39

I agree it's better in One More shot but still fram from the natural sound that you can hear on Youtube videos of Watts playing boogie in pub.

Date: November 13, 2012 01:42

I'm still trying to figure out who played the straw on Emotional Rescue.

Posted by: SaigonVoodoo ()
Date: November 13, 2012 01:42

I said it before, it doesn't even sound like Charlie's playing. I think the drums on D&G suck. Period.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: November 13, 2012 01:45

Markdog
Certainly not Charlie's fault they decide to add to the snare sound for whatever reason.

I haven't gone back to listen to the original Brown Sugar to confirm, but I remember the snare having that same dull thudding sound. I works well there, but of course there are other drumming dynamics at work in BS that aren't in G and D, like rolls and a snare. Still, I don't mind it. The rest of the instuments/vocals are busy and enjoyable enough that the snare sound doesn't bother me.

Date: November 13, 2012 01:46

That radio edit is not, probably, Charlie's snare.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: November 13, 2012 03:02

oh good lord...

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: November 13, 2012 03:06

I DONT LIKE THE SONG BECAUSE THEY PUT A DRUM MACHINE OVER CHARLIE.THEY BRING HIM BACK UP AT THE END.TYPICAL MICK PRODUCTION BULLSHIT.
ONE MORE SHOT IS HOW I WANNA HEAR CHARLIE.
EVEN IF THE SONG IS LAME.

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 13, 2012 04:35

Maybe instead of don was making charlie's drums sound robotic in the studio, charlie is a robot now. Maybe he died when he had the cancer operation but due to his immense wealth he was able to achieve the singularity where man's brain is uploaded to machine. Borg charlie if you will.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home