Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

GRRR! Advertising Blitz
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: November 12, 2012 13:06

I noticed a massive advertising campaign for this GRRR! album.

I.e. when I search "beatles love me do live" or something else on youtube, most frequently I get the GRRR! promo clip on first place as a commercial ad.

Then my son tells me "Have you seen the huge Stones billboards in the tube stations?". I am referring to Germany.

I am surprised they are running such a massive campaign for an album that hardly sells at all. Is it meant as a general promo? Sales figures are marginal so far, I believe.

How's the situation in your place?

Re: GRRR! Advertising Blitz
Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: November 12, 2012 14:08

I saw it in a shop today and was a bit surprised to see it, so somehow I'd managed to miss the release date in the blitz. Or maybe, for the first time, I just didn't care.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: November 12, 2012 14:17

Just what the world needs......another Stones Greatest Hits / Best Of collection.

Posted by: grant ()
Date: November 12, 2012 17:22

I am sick of the lips tongue logo, the fl%%cking Gorilla , the marketing strategy and the whole media circus.
The 50 years anniversary should be about the 5/6/7 men who made the records not a bloody monkey.

Date: November 12, 2012 17:24

You mean, the Stones have gotten so about marketing that it's become a monkey on the tongue and lips logo?

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: November 12, 2012 18:47

dead.flowers

I.e. when I search "beatles love me do live" or something else on youtube, most frequently I get the GRRR! promo clip on first place as a commercial ad.
Hold on, that's probably because you browsed youtube/the internet for Stones related stuff before! Not anyone gets the same ads these days, it's google playing tricks on you...

Date: November 12, 2012 18:56

Well, might as well start showing what there is...

Posted by: DoomNGloom ()
Date: November 12, 2012 20:13

dead.flowers
I noticed a massive advertising campaign for this GRRR! album.

Then my son tells me "Have you seen the huge Stones billboards in the tube stations?". I am referring to Germany.

I am surprised they are running such a massive campaign for an album that hardly sells at all. Is it meant as a general promo? Sales figures are marginal so far, I believe.

How's the situation in your place?

The Rolling Stones Marketing Team: Second to none!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1014
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home