Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jagger's Dancing
Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: December 23, 2004 23:37

The 69 tour and the 72 tour featured Jagger the stud. 75 and 78 were more clownish. You might say 81 had an athletic look to it. Of all the many tours, Which Mick Jagger was your favorite and why? Thanks!

Re: Jagger's Dancing
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 23, 2004 23:48

Well you descriped it pretty good there. Every period had his own look. I don't have much footage of the '69/'72 period, i love the way he moved during '75/'78 except his clothes were a bit studid. I never liked Jagger during the '81/82 tour. I hate his "singing" and his look. He was always chewing gumand had stupid clothes on. From '89 on he is just the perfect and best frontmen there is IMO. Maybe he doesn't dance as he did during the previous years but he is just to @#$%& good. Midnight Rambler on FF is just Jagger at his best!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: davido ()
Date: December 24, 2004 01:02

He was often doing a James brown take off in the early days,
mid sixties or so was still quite noticable. Costume and dance
steps had most appeal to me in 1969 and Voodoo Lounge tour.
As good as the music was during most of the seventies there
was an aweful cringe factor to the way he acted and danced
onstage with the bisexual thing, for me anyway.

Quite frankly, I'd rather he didn't bother much with any of that
stuff, and just focus on the singing, being a rocker. Indeed
if weren't for the Stones gig, can't say I'd bother much
with him. He DEFINATELY nneds the band, especially Keith
and Charllie, as a foil. But just my opinion.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: December 24, 2004 01:46

hey davido you can,t be more wrong.do you think a keith richards band will do the trick?i think only m.jagger tries something new in the band,and it,s up to him to save the stones,as several times before.that,s my opinion

Date: December 24, 2004 02:06

Well Harlem, you may be right, he's certainly played his part
as have they all. But it's definately a band, the sum
of the whole is greater than the parts. Plus Micks
the only one who can sing! Oooops! Gonna git somebody
on my case for this one too..............=8-0 ;-)

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: December 24, 2004 13:01

Mick in 1975 and 76, 77 78 is Mick Jagger at his best. He was good in 72 also but Ithink he peaked in '75. Love his clothes! Mick is still good on stage except his voice aint the same of course. Keith has lost it all. From cool to clown. 81-82 was terrible but mostly because of his clothes. Man, they are so ugly but today I almost think they are OK because of that. Merry Christmas all of you!

Posted by: Izzy ()
Date: December 24, 2004 13:44

Don't agree. 81-82 was Jagger at his best; best clothes, best singing and dancing. 78 was also great. After 82 he looks more like a gentleman then a rockstar. Well dressed but no rock'n roll.

Date: December 24, 2004 17:03

Personally I thought the way he dressed for most of
the seventies/ early eighties was embarrasing,
but to each their own, and sdoesn't matter
really I still loved the tunes.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: December 24, 2004 17:46

Mick's look and moves in '69 were best for me. '72 was obviously cool too but a little too glam rock looking with those spangly jumpsuits.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: December 24, 2004 18:11

how do i post a picture here?

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: December 24, 2004 18:31

Jagger was at his best 1969-78. I am not so keen on the very forced movements of the later years. i think he's trying too hard to prove himself.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: December 24, 2004 21:11

Just take a look at the Gimme Shelter documentary. He defined the rock star image on stage... Legendary performences.

Date: December 25, 2004 18:36

Yes i think he was best in 69 too,
dance moves were still pretty James Brown
and he didn't look like a drag queen/
gay dandy punk yet. The other eras have
a lot going for them, but not in the
Jagger dress/ dance dept IMHO.

Date: December 25, 2004 19:24

Look, Mick has stage presence and a great live voice, but his dancing is a poor rip off of Tina Turner. Even he admits it. It's more emotive modern interpretive (said: no set choreography)dance a la Twyla Tharpe, than anything else. There's no discipline; it's just repetitive motion w/no sense of flow or expression.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 25, 2004 20:11

The Menace of Mayfair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>There's no discipline; it's just
> repetitive motion w/no sense of flow or
> expression.
>
>
>
> QRA MGY

Well, Rock'n roll is not supposed to be The Lake of Swans, isn't it?
Merry Christmas!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 25, 2004 20:37

I think Jagger was best during the tours in 69, 72 and 73, but I can not say for sure since I never attended any shows then cause I wasn't born! But what I have seen and heard I'm really convinced Jagger got his best period on stage.

But I really like him today as well, I think his voice is much better than it used to be in 78, 81\82 and he sings better on Voodoo Lounge than Undercover, DW and SW. On stage in these days he is good.

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: December 26, 2004 08:20

wuddy i could not agree with you more.midnight rambler on flicks is mick at the peak of his game,stunning performance.which i might add really capture much of the live performace,i know i was there.

john scialfa

Posted by: Marianella ()
Date: December 27, 2004 06:08

I think Mick Jagger has some learned moves, but alot of his moves he goes with the flow. Everyone has their own body movements its all in how you make use of them. LOL
Everything changes
I don't think he has to work as hard as he does anymore, only because his admirers and followers are very content with seeing the Rolling Stones PERFORM.
Would you agree or disagree?

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: December 27, 2004 15:18

69: Loved that move where he put his hands over his head, humps, and acts like he's eating (?) something

72: Great clothes. Loved those jumpsuits. An ex-girlfriend saw one at the RNR Hall of Fame and swears he's a size 4!!!!

75: Terrible clothes. Liked the long hair, and think it's his best "dancing" tour.

78: Loved that red/pink cap he wore!

81: Everything was bad.

Post 81: Wish he'd quit wearing those long coats (what do ya call em, dusters?) Keith too!

karl

'Don’t forget, if you’re on your bike, wear white'

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: December 27, 2004 16:34

I really love Mick in the seventies. I too wasn't so impressed with him on the 81 tour and since then he really hasn't appeal to me very much.
I love the way he used to twist and twirl in his own natural way. I don't think he is as flexible these days and the more choreographed moves of recent years leave me cold.

Posted by: Marianella ()
Date: December 27, 2004 19:13

Such Critics!? Just Love All His Moves. WTF

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: December 28, 2004 00:30

I don't think Mick has had a " BAD TOUR" but in terms of moving and dancing, I loved the '72 and '75 and all tours except the 1978 tour. I did not love the set list much, never loved " Some girls" and thought the Stones later tours from '89 on were incredible for different reasons.The early tours were raw energy and as they evolved the show became more paced, more theatrical but still as powerful and Mick learned to pace himself and move with the changes. Any Stones show is better than any other rock show.

Posted by: jigsawpuzzle ()
Date: December 28, 2004 01:17

'69 and '72 my favorite, Hated, cringed at the pajamas in 75, the crap in 78 and the football pants in 81. '89 on, perfect for that stage of their career(Although the short hair in 89 sucked) . Just one long-time fans opinion.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 5, 2008 16:44

I personally love the long coats that they wear. I think they really make the outfits and the rebelliousness of the whole image.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 5, 2008 17:03

I loved the 'moves' jagger pulls during 89/90 tour whilst doing light years from home.... the pretend bow and arrow et all.....

Hilarious!

Jaggers changed over the years but he's always been the greatest front man except James Brown.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 5, 2008 17:23

'72 and '75 no doubt, if only we can freeze time.

Hated '78 at the moment but grow to love it. When he came out on stage (at the big A) I tought he was a jerk who had climbed the stage and felt sorry for the guy, I thought he was going to get kick out (violently) But no, it was Jagger wearing that pimp red hat.

Posted by: RITA ()
Date: March 5, 2008 18:24

In the 70's, expecilally in 1972/75...thumbs up

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 5, 2008 18:30

1969. Less spectacular, less sophisticated.
But first years also looks good.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 5, 2008 21:56

72 was a heavlily Tina -Turner infuinced period.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: March 5, 2008 22:01

1972: Perfect, the partners in crime doing what they do best. Mick moves like a stud, he's a bitch in Keith's leash
1973: Micks hair is not good, his danicing is perfect in that clip of SFM, very good but not perfect
1975: Wonderful, the never looked better, moved cooler or were harder
1976: The cocaine whore, I love it of course but it's not the best

1978: it's good, I like it but the magic is gone. When it comes to Mick.
1981: Horrible. The cloths, his singing (although I love them for being sloppy), the coke jaw, the "dancing" is just terrible, disgusting.
1989- : Mick has his moments, he can dance or move pretty good but it's not the same thing, he doesnt work the songs, and he "isnt" the songs, like in 1972, 73 or 75 or even 78. Or 81.

I think his "clownish" style is more European (??) or something. Or just his own, he was sloppy and this is what he did, the lotus was Jagger's stage, he owned it (with Keith). 1973 seems to be influenced by Nurejev.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-05 22:06 by LA FORUM.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2053
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home