Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones: Still Rolling
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: January 13, 2024 22:06

Does anybody know anything anout release of "The Stones: Still Rolling", mentioned at [www.mercurystudios.co] ?

Re: The Stones: Still Rolling
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 13, 2024 22:15

Seems that there's no release date until now. Maybe it'll released shortly before the 2024 Tour starts?

Date: January 13, 2024 22:47

Interesting. With an announcement date back on 18 October, it seems strange that there's been no other mention in almost 3 months since then.

And yes, I noted the mention of the new album named "Hackney Diamond". tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 14, 2024 09:37

Mercury Studios is looking to sell the project at MIPCOM, taking place this week in Cannes.

It looks like nobody bought it so maybe it was shelved? It makes only Sense to release stuff like this now when the album is relatively new because they could reach now many general music fans with it with the hype of the album.

Date: January 14, 2024 11:30

hockenheim95

It looks like nobody bought it so maybe it was shelved?

The 'My Life as a RS' series found its place in TV, in 1995/96 the 'Stripped' documentary was aired in TV and in 2005 there was in German TV a Music-Special (by Sat.1) about the making of the ABB album. Maybe no lack of interest by the broadcasters - maybe rather bad timing by Mercury (as described by you). If the documentary isn't aired in TV then they could release it along with the Racket NYC concert as a DVD/BR Superdeluxe.

Date: January 15, 2024 02:16

hockenheim95
Mercury Studios is looking to sell the project at MIPCOM, taking place this week in Cannes.

It looks like nobody bought it so maybe it was shelved? It makes only Sense to release stuff like this now when the album is relatively new because they could reach now many general music fans with it with the hype of the album.

Indeed, I also got the impression that with this delay, somebody's missed the boat.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 15, 2024 05:46

well add it to the vault worth of footage to leak or use someday

and i was really looking forward to this one

why couldn't the stones just release it on there youtube channel or something for free if nobody's interested in buying it

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: January 15, 2024 09:43

I am still positive it will happen.

In my mind, the RACKET gig is the ending of the documentary, the culmination of all the great things it will contain; some writing (?), the recording, the excitement of the London release, a bit of rehearsal (?) and the crowd going wild at the Racket gig.

Sure, it would have been logical to release it together with the live CD but the album hit a second peak anyway.

I guess a mid-winter/spring release. It is an impressive feat if they manage to run this PR campaign all the way up to the tour.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 15, 2024 09:45

ProfessorWolf

why couldn't the stones just release it on there youtube channel or something for free if nobody's interested in buying it

Or they could release it as an bonus DVD to go with one more special edition of the album. HACKNEY DIAMONDS would re-enter the charts, since that way somebody would surely be interested in buying it....

But like pointed here, it unfortunately starts to look like someone is missing the boat here if the idea was to show it somewhere in order to promote the album for general music fans. Asked too much money?

But then again, it wouldn't be the first Stones film project to be shelved...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-15 09:47 by Doxa.

Date: February 3, 2024 21:50

[www.mercurystudios.co] is now "page not found".

Missed the boat AND gone back home? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 3, 2024 21:51

Works fine here

Date: February 3, 2024 22:31

Koen
Works fine here

Sure, the link still works, but the page now has nothing about the doco, and the Chrome page tab at top of screen contains the words "Page not found". The content about the doco is gone.

Date: February 3, 2024 23:10

stonesman87

Missed the boat AND gone back home?

Or working on an extended version that will then also include the follow-up album of Hackney Diamonds ?

Date: February 4, 2024 01:02

Irix
stonesman87

Missed the boat AND gone back home?

Or working on an extended version that will then also include the follow-up album of Hackney Diamonds ?

"Would like to see that". winking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 4, 2024 07:22

ProfessorWolf

Really?

Because it cost money to make it.

Date: February 4, 2024 08:25

I found an active page at [mercurystudios.tv]

Carries the "fast growing old but gathering no moss" date 18th Oct 2023, and also headed with the mention of the new album "Hackney Diamond" (sic.).

Date: February 4, 2024 10:21

GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf

Really?

which if they can't sell it they can't exactly make back

if in reality it's more complicated then i'm making it please enlighten me

i'm far from knowledgeable on this subject which is why i asked

not being sarcastic i'm genuinely curious

if in the worst case scenario that they can't sell this why couldn't they just put it on there youtube channel to help promote and sell a few more copies of the new album and perhaps some tickets?

Date: February 4, 2024 11:41

stonesman87

I found an active page at [mercurystudios.tv]

It's from last year, like the articles by [Variety.com] or [www.uDiscoverMusic.com] .

Date: February 5, 2024 19:57

ProfessorWolf
GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf

Really?

which if they can't sell it they can't exactly make back

if in reality it's more complicated then i'm making it please enlighten me

i'm far from knowledgeable on this subject which is why i asked

not being sarcastic i'm genuinely curious

if in the worst case scenario that they can't sell this why couldn't they just put it on there youtube channel to help promote and sell a few more copies of the new album and perhaps some tickets?

Oh. Ok. I was probably a bit surprised because it's a band that also sells socks, among other clothing, ornaments, glasses, wine, rum, tote bags... the only thing they give away for "free" is what you can see on YouTube.

Mick counts the dollars, especially if he's behind the idea of it. Making a documentary is way more expensive than a video for a song. The videos are monetized on YouTube and since they're short UMG probably makes enough to cover costs.

If UMG is behind the doc than perhaps they will monetize it if they can't get anyone to pick it up but it would be one of those 3 minutes of the doc, then 3 ads, on and on.

Or they could sell it on iTunes etc. Maybe it will come out on Bluray via Eagle Rock/Eagle Vision or Mercury, which would probably cost a bit more than a DL.

Production of Angry video:

Label: Polydor
Creative Director: Semera Khan
Creative Commissioner: Kirsten Cruickshank

Talent: Sydney Sweeney

Production Company: Riff Raff
Director: Francois Rousselet
Owner/Executive Producer: Matthew Fone
Executive Producer/Producer: Jane Tredget

Service Company: 2x2=5
Service Company Producer: Josh SondockProduction Manager: Brooke EliotCinematographer: Chris Ripley1st AD: Josh Montes
Key Grip: Matt Planer
Stylist: Molly Dickson
Hair: Glen Coco
Make Up: Patrick Ta

Edit House: MarsheenEditor: Dominic Leung
Producer: Harriet CawleyVFX/Design: Black Kite StudiosShoot Sup and Senior VFX: Jonny FreemanVFX Lead: George Brunt
Colourist: Richard Fearon
Executive Producer: Julie Evans
Producer: Abi Klimaszewska and Hannah Ruddleston

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 6, 2024 04:35

thanks for the info

seems like there's more then a few paths for this to come out and mick is motivated to make back the money they've invested into it back

so i hopefully just a matter of time

Date: February 6, 2024 04:41

ProfessorWolf
thanks for the info

seems like there's more then a few paths for this to come out and mick is motivated to make back the money they've invested into it back

so i hopefully just a matter of time

I hope so.

It would be fantastic to see.

Date: March 2, 2024 21:49

Both Mercury links at [mercurystudios.tv] and [www.mercurystudios.co] no longer have anything about it. The latter one is now in "page not found" mode.

Not only does this one appear to have missed the boat, the boat appears to have sunk. sad smiley

Date: March 2, 2024 22:25

stonesman87

Not only does this one appear to have missed the boat, the boat appears to have sunk.

It's a submarine - it'll surface again when the next studio album is out. smiling smiley

Date: March 3, 2024 04:50

Irix
stonesman87

Not only does this one appear to have missed the boat, the boat appears to have sunk.

It's a submarine - it'll surface again when the next studio album is out. smiling smiley

Or sooner on the off chance that it'll need to come up for air.

Seriously, however, it would have been at least something to see a notice that it's been deferred instead of official mentions simply disapearing.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 3, 2024 17:03

So do we think the documentary was all ready to go and just needed someone to buy it and market it? It really paints a poor picture that no one was interested if it's the case, or were they maybe after some extra financing to finish it ?

Or maybe it was sold so the pages are no longer needed on the mercury site ?

Another release window would be around the beginning of the tour...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 3, 2024 17:30

gotdablouse

So do we think the documentary was all ready to go and just needed someone to buy it and market it?

Another question would be: since Mercury Studios belongs to Universal Music, why didn't they simply market it by themselves?

Date: March 3, 2024 17:50

gotdablouse

Another release window would be around the beginning of the tour...

.... or after the tour - e.g. some footage of the 2024 US-Tour added for the re-marketing of Hackney Diamonds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2046
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home