Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The Grrr box
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 16, 2012 03:35

Rolling Hansie
jamesfdouglas
Pick a colour, sucker.

Now that's not a very nice thing to say

Jimmy's got a mean streak, but overall he's a nice guy. I think I may have gone off the rails more than once myself.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 16, 2012 03:42

django
A not so good review on superdeluxeedition.com:

[www.superdeluxeedition.com]

Yes, doesn't look too good. Glad to not have paid $150 + on it...I got if for the 33 Euros like most others on this thread.

Posted by: kait ()
Date: November 16, 2012 04:05

django
A not so good review on superdeluxeedition.com:

[www.superdeluxeedition.com]

exactly what it is, a collectors item and nothing more.
glad i bought it for 39 euros too.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 16, 2012 18:50

silkcut1978_
jamesfdouglas
silkcut1978_
I'd love to give an answer but mine was sent by Amazon yesterday and will arrive on Monday :-( But I picked up the 2CD, 3CD and 3CD limited edition sets today...couldn't resist.

Wait a minute... you've ordered the box set... AND you purchased 3 MORE versions of GRRR???

Happy Hyper-Consumer Day
Pick a colour, sucker.

And I've already ordered the vinyl box-set. Maybe I have to apologize? Anyway, still some money left and I spent a wonderful time today at the spa with my lady and I'm still able to afford 3 packs of Marlboro per day and nobody has to go to bed hungry in my family. So what the f*ck?

I like your style, Silkcut ! BTW, is that 3 packs a 20, or 3 packs a 10 ? Congratulations, if it's the 1st option....that's more than I'm able to

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 16, 2012 23:24

I heard the 45 rpm included in the box on radio tonight. Sound is awesome.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 17, 2012 00:18

Erik_Snow
silkcut1978_
jamesfdouglas
silkcut1978_
I'd love to give an answer but mine was sent by Amazon yesterday and will arrive on Monday :-( But I picked up the 2CD, 3CD and 3CD limited edition sets today...couldn't resist.

Wait a minute... you've ordered the box set... AND you purchased 3 MORE versions of GRRR???

Happy Hyper-Consumer Day
Pick a colour, sucker.

And I've already ordered the vinyl box-set. Maybe I have to apologize? Anyway, still some money left and I spent a wonderful time today at the spa with my lady and I'm still able to afford 3 packs of Marlboro per day and nobody has to go to bed hungry in my family. So what the f*ck?

I like your style, Silkcut ! BTW, is that 3 packs a 20, or 3 packs a 10 ? Congratulations, if it's the 1st option....that's more than I'm able to

60 a day. sometimes more, sometimes less... last time I was in hospital I met the Doctor who checked my pulmonary results and he said something like "good, a nonsmoker" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 00:18 by silkcut1978_.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 17, 2012 00:28

Erik_Snow
silkcut1978_
jamesfdouglas
silkcut1978_

Happy Hyper-Consumer Day
Pick a colour, sucker.

Buy all! As will I eventually. All in, that´s my device.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 00:29 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: November 17, 2012 06:06

My box set stinks...literally...it came with a chemically offensive odor.

I need to let it air out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 06:08 by jabhead.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 17, 2012 10:25

silkcut1978_
Erik_Snow
silkcut1978_
jamesfdouglas
silkcut1978_

Happy Hyper-Consumer Day
Pick a colour, sucker.

60 a day. sometimes more, sometimes less... last time I was in hospital I met the Doctor who checked my pulmonary results and he said something like "good, a nonsmoker" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

We need your posts Silkcut including on dime. Don't @#$%& up spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: November 19, 2012 16:36

Erik_Snow
Scorpio box is lossy, and very compressed. The source Scorpio used is the Swingin Pig version.
Okay, that's probably a better choice then. I think I might load both versions (official and bootleg) in an editor to prove that (for 4 out of 5 tracks) they are sourced from the same digital transfer. Clearly, they either didn't bother to go back to the master tapes or they just don't have them anymore.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 19, 2012 21:29

FreeBird, what inspired your name? If you don't mind my asking.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: November 19, 2012 23:17

Nothing, really. Certainly not the Lynyrd Skynyrd song, which I hate. It was just the first thing that I could think of when I had to come up with a nickname way back when...

Posted by: JeffR714 ()
Date: January 7, 2013 05:28

Thought I was the only one that went the vinyl route

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: January 7, 2013 08:18

JeffR714

so at least 2 units has been sold...

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 9, 2013 08:03

JeffR714

No...me too! and 4 CD Box

Rgds
Rod
Perth

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: January 11, 2013 18:20

Does anyone know if the vinyl box is a limited edition? Will it still be available at a hopefully lower price in six months or is this a grab-it-now-or-regret-it-later kind of thing? I note that the 1964-1969 vinyl box is quite scarce today while the 1971-2005 vinyl box is easy to find. Any thoughts or insights?

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: January 11, 2013 18:42

In France most bigger record stores like FNAC or Virgin still have copies of the Some Girls deluxe box or even the Exile deluxe Box. At a normal (not reduced) price.
The GRRR ueber-box was more expensive and thus "harder" to find in retail
Your observation about the LP box setsis correct mainly because the 2nd box's mastering isn't as audiophile friendly as the one on the Decca-era box

You may look for special promos on amazon and other sites and grab almost any box cheaper than the offical price, but these offers aren't permanent.
I remember some people purchased "cheap" Ya-Ya's boxes a few months ago.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2071
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home