Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New ''Roadie on tour'' page
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 23, 2004 16:42

But when???

Re: New ''Roadie on tour'' page
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: December 23, 2004 16:56

I want to be a roadie too, where can I apply for a job?

Date: December 23, 2004 17:08

maybe send a mail to EST????or trans am trucking limited???but i don't think so that they need a rookies like we are ..

Date: December 23, 2004 19:17

Yeah, probably the don't need us.
But it would be a dream to travel with the Stones around the world.
Even if you won't see too much of them.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 23, 2004 19:21

If you are a roadie then you have to drill nuts and bolts while Mick is on stage. And when Keith is shaking hands with the guys on the walkway you will be carrying towels for the catering people. It's hard work. I have thought about it many times, because I really need a sponsor on tour, but working for the band on tour puts you inside, still very outside the show and enjoyment, I think.

Bjornulf

Date: December 23, 2004 19:32

On the other hand you could say that you were a roadie on the last Rolling Stones World Tour... but I'm sure it's mostly hard work.
The thing is, now I could do it - take a year off from university and tour with the Stones... probably Mr. Cohl needs an assistant, or someone else?
I already wrote a letter of motivation, my application documents are ready to be sent.
I'm serious, does anyone know an email adress where I could write to?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2004-12-23 19:32 by KeithRichards.

Date: December 24, 2004 03:02

Here are some places to check out: Hard work and harder to get into the BIZ, unless of course, you know someone. Demon

My Saved Results

Entry Level Roadies
I am a very hard working motivated person who wants to become a roadie. ... know how it is. do i really need to ... a position as band roadie...
www.roadie.net/wentry.htm

Roadie.net - How to be a Roadie
How to become a Roadie. Written By Ron Schreiner. Version 1.1 – January 2000. Attitude ... combination" of players to make a hit band, b...
www.roadie.net/wannabe2.htm
More results from www.roadie.net

Electric Blues Club - Roadies article and links
How do I become a Roadie? There are lots of ways! Most roadies start by working with a friends band or local ... to ol' time roadie. Roadie Book.....
www.electricbluesclub.co.uk/roadie.html

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 24, 2004 09:47

What you seay is probably true Bjornulf, I am also sure that Mj, Kr and the rest all have their own personal MDs. But I am wondering, since the guys are older, there are probabaly minor crew work injuries, if they take a physician on tour with them. Now I woudl give up my island for a year or two to be the MD on tour!

I wonder how in the hell you would research that job!

Steve

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 24, 2004 16:14

They do actually have a physician on tour. Torje Eike. He's been with them for years. He is Norwegian, in fact.

Bjornulf

Posted by: john r ()
Date: December 24, 2004 20:23

Who was the 'black bag' dr on the US '72 tour mentioned throughout Robt. Greenfield's "STP"

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 25, 2004 02:15

BV u break my heart!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home