Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Where are Production Rehearsals?
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: November 9, 2012 11:09

Chauch said the next move is for "production rehearsal"; BV said "move on to the next stage"; Bobby Keys is on his way

I'm guessing London area? any ideas?

Re: Where are Production Rehearsals?
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 9, 2012 11:48

That means that they rehearse the complete show with stage set in place and backing musicians taking part.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: November 9, 2012 11:52

Any clues as to where all this is happening? The stage is not small!

Date: November 9, 2012 18:47

Silver Dagger
That means that they rehearse the complete show with stage set in place and backing musicians taking part.

Yes, that was clear, but it's WHERE, not what.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: November 9, 2012 19:38

If they already rehearse with the tongue-stage, my best guess is one
of the film studios outside of London, maybe Shepperton Studios, where
they rehearsed for the 1982 European tour.

N

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 10, 2012 05:53

I’d say Shepperton Studios seems a realistic proposition too. Led Zeppelin rehearsed for their O2 show there.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: November 10, 2012 06:00

Bray Studios is another possibility. Zep rehearsed for Knebworth there and many others bands have as well.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 10, 2012 13:44

Keep your eyes open guys, the big trucks with English licence plates were parked outside the studio in Bondy yesterday and must have been getting loaded during the night or today.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 10, 2012 14:19

How did you guys finally rumble the Bondy rehearsal space?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 10, 2012 15:58

The Pinewood/Shepperton studios were involved in the Charlie Is My Darling restoration, and have lots of nice big stages...

[www.pinewoodgroup.com]

[www.pinewoodgroup.com]

Date: November 19, 2012 13:18

Production rehearsals likely starting today, be on the alert for the "boom boom boom" of the drums ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 19, 2012 13:25

Wembley Arena definitely tomorrow not sure about today.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 19, 2012 14:07

yep. It's Wembley. Presumably they're only moving the equipment in today as it's been hosting 'Strictly Come Dancing' over the weekend

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 19, 2012 15:47

Gazza
yep. It's Wembley. Presumably they're only moving the equipment in today as it's been hosting 'Strictly Come Dancing' over the weekend

Now that puss is out of the bag, I'll further endorse that, it IS Wembley Arena

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 19, 2012 15:50

Anyone here planning to check out the spot? Probably not the same "intimate" setup as for the Paris Rehearsals in Bondy so there might be nothing to hear :-(

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 19, 2012 16:03

I still think that you'll be able to make out what songs they are doing. Maybe someone will spot Bill or Mick T going in.smoking smiley

sc uk

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 19, 2012 16:27

gotdablouse
Anyone here planning to check out the spot? Probably not the same "intimate" setup as for the Paris Rehearsals in Bondy so there might be nothing to hear :-(

Unless you're actually IN the building, you will hear nothing whatsoever. The auditorium is entirely surrounded by a substantial foyer that provides entrances to the floor blocks, stairs to the upper levels, toilets, bars, merchandising booths - and so on. The soundproofing between just the auditorium and that foyer is impressive enough as it is, when you're milling around in the foyer and an act is on stage playing, you cannot hear a thing, not a thing. So outside the building, with yet another skin of wall between you and the auditorium, not a chance.

It's a case of be IN THE BUILDING ..... or NADA !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2012 16:36

paulywaul
gotdablouse

Unless you're actually IN the building, you will hear nothing whatsoever. The auditorium is entirely surrounded by a substantial foyer that provides entrances to the floor blocks, stairs to the upper levels, toilets, bars, merchandising booths - and so on. The soundproofing between just the auditorium and that foyer is impressive enough as it is, when you're milling around in the foyer and an act is on stage playing, you cannot hear a thing, not a thing. So outside the building, with yet another skin of wall between you and the auditorium, not a chance.

what if you tell everybody outside in london to be quiet and then cup your ears?

Date: November 19, 2012 16:42

paulywaul
gotdablouse

Which is the way it should be, and this is why I still can't believe our luck to have had them in Bondy for a month. When I heard the first recordings on YT I thought that someone had opened a door or let a fan in, but no, just behind that gate 10 meters or so away you could hear well enough. Bjornulf says it was similar in Toronto except that there was a ton of traffic on week days so you couldn't really hear much.

--------------

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: November 19, 2012 17:47

I confirm it's almost impossible to hear anything, Wembley arena is a big room inside a big building (a bit like the O2), plus, there would be plenty of different possible exits, gates, tunnels...

Posted by: tattooyou ()
Date: November 19, 2012 17:54

Almost impossible, but I remember walking past the vents at the side of the Arena while the Who were on back in 2007 and Who Are You was distinctly audible. Very muffled and distant, but you could make the keyboard intro out.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:54

tattooyou
Almost impossible, but I remember walking past the vents at the side of the Arena while the Who were on back in 2007 and Who Are You was distinctly audible. Very muffled and distant, but you could make the keyboard intro out.

Any news from Wembley? is it worth a trip maybe tomorrow?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home