Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: single WORST Stones song EVER!
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2012 00:03

stonesrule
For many rock artists it has often taken a bad song to get to something really cool. Part of the process for most truly creative people.

oh? then based on these two bad songs out now, i guess we got some cool new stuff on the way! yay!

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: November 19, 2012 11:33

StonesTod
stonesrule
For many rock artists it has often taken a bad song to get to something really cool. Part of the process for most truly creative people.

oh? then based on these two bad songs out now, i guess we got some cool new stuff on the way! yay!

since the glass is always half empty in your world I can't see something they'll come up up you will not whine about..:-)

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2012 14:27

jamesjagger
StonesTod
stonesrule

since the glass is always half empty in your world I can't see something they'll come up up you will not whine about..:-)

yeah, baby!!

Posted by: Douglas ()
Date: November 20, 2012 01:18

Has anyone mentioned Sex Drive yet? That gets my vote for worst Stones song.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: November 20, 2012 06:15

Someone reminded me of another "gem" of a cover version I omitted from the original list - "Under the Boardwalk." How vomitable!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: November 20, 2012 10:48

Not a Stones song but an Xpensive winos.

Body Talk lol

I dont get it. When Iam listening to Main Offender am I supposed to start aerobicizing when this cut comes on?

Is this Keiths take on physical by olivia newton John?

For Stones I would say stuff off bridges to babylon like Juiced.

Sweet Neo Con sucks also.At least in my book.

Winning Ugly just flat out RAWKS lol and leave Indian Girl alone, Ilove that cut!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-20 11:05 by TheBostonStrangler.

Posted by: JC21769 ()
Date: November 20, 2012 16:56

Back to Zero edges out all as the worst song ever. heartless, Empty, no effort pure shit.

At least some of the other 'worst" songs had some effort.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 20, 2012 17:02

JC21769
Back to Zero edges out all as the worst song ever. heartless, Empty, no effort pure shit.

At least some of the other 'worst" songs had some effort.

Well, I for one prefer my shit pure. None of that adulterated shit for me.

Date: November 21, 2012 03:24

Interesting to note that some of the more maligned (by some as being weaker) LPs are wholly unrepresented in this thread. No serious mentions of songs off Goats Head Soup or Undercover or Flowers, all of which have never been critical favorites.

It would be interesting to see what folks would list as their least favorite officially released live track?

WOW, THAT's a hard one!

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: November 21, 2012 03:26

stonesstein
Interesting to note that some of the more maligned (by some as being weaker) LPs are wholly unrepresented in this thread. No serious mentions of songs off Goats Head Soup or Undercover or Flowers, all of which have never been critical favorites.

It would be interesting to see what folks would list as their least favorite officially released live track?

WOW, THAT's a hard one!

3 out of 4 sides of LYL.

Date: November 21, 2012 03:41

71Tele, I can't buy what you are selling, because there is some killer stuff on Love You Live outside of the El Mocambo side. The Sympathy on that rekkid has always been a major favorite of mine, and I think that the live version of Fingerprint File is one of the highlights of 75-76. While I will opine that 75-76 was the first tour where the drugs began to get in the way and impede Keith's guitar skills and Mick's vox, but still, there were moments on LYL that any other band would give its eye teeth to have.

Love You Live will never be my favorite live Stones' LP, but it does have some really good workouts of some classic Stones trax.

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 21, 2012 04:24

It's a tie between Infamy ,Wanna Hold You and Cat Dragged In. Short and Curlies was also a bummer.

Date: November 21, 2012 04:44

Pardon me, Toker, but I always dug Short & Curlies. Such a sophisticated world-view, that tune!

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: November 21, 2012 10:44

stonesstein
71Tele, I can't buy what you are selling, because there is some killer stuff on Love You Live outside of the El Mocambo side. The Sympathy on that rekkid has always been a major favorite of mine, and I think that the live version of Fingerprint File is one of the highlights of 75-76. While I will opine that 75-76 was the first tour where the drugs began to get in the way and impede Keith's guitar skills and Mick's vox, but still, there were moments on LYL that any other band would give its eye teeth to have.

Love You Live will never be my favorite live Stones' LP, but it does have some really good workouts of some classic Stones trax.

Glad you like it. Lots of people here do. It's a mystery to me why. The comparison of the songs which are also on Ya yas are an embarrassment. On the El Mocambo side, they actually sound like they give a shit. Why didn't they just release an entire album from El Mocambo?

Date: November 21, 2012 15:32

71 Tele - RIGHT! Release the Mocambo shows!

Still, though, the 75-76 band and tour was big business, as 69 tour was naive boys in untested waters. One of the reasons that everyone puts 69 on a pedestal is that the playing was great from just the band and no side men. However, I'll take 72 because by that time, Mick had finally learned how to harness his voice to deliver each song as opposed to each song's being a crap shoot and the band was even more synchronized like a frieght train running off the rails......

At least LYL does not have some of the crap that is No Security or Still Life,,,,,,,,,

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 21, 2012 16:48

Douglas
Has anyone mentioned Sex Drive yet? That gets my vote for worst Stones song.

That song wasn't 1/2 bad, which is to say it also wasn't half good.

I think they shoulda written it for Tom Jones.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 21, 2012 17:15

Elmo Lewis
Have y'all forgotten "Cherry Oh Baby"?

Love that song and I hope they play it again this tour. Sounded great at MSG on the 75 tour.

Date: November 21, 2012 22:51

Yep, I was right the first time around -

Anyway You Look At it is so fracking horrible until it, below Back to Zero, below Streets of Love, and below Indian Girl is in a class by itself of rank shit.

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 22, 2012 00:10

stonesstein

At least LYL does not have some of the crap that is No Security or Still Life,,,,,,,,,

at least Still Life was fun listening to whereas LYL never has been beside side three.
both pale drastically compared to the archive releases from ´75/´81/´82.

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: November 22, 2012 02:41

bACK TO ZERO,,PRETTY BEAT UP..HOLD BACK..

ALL JUST TERRIBLE!

soul

Date: November 23, 2012 00:44

I have always liked Pretty Beat Up!

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 3, 2013 20:09

I like INDIAN GIRL, but the last line where she says where her parents are, "They're fighting for Mr. Castro in the streets of Angola" came to mind when I recently read that Jimmy Carter said that: under no circumstances would the United States send troops into Africa while he was President. So Castro heard that...and sent 50,000+ Cuban troops into Angola. So thank Jimmy for that lyric.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: April 3, 2013 21:11

stonesstein

Returned to this thread after a long while. To add to your interesting observation: Their Satanic Majesties' Request. there sure must be pieces less regarded than Indian Girl, Back To Zero or Sex Drive.
Worst cover: If You Need Me probably. Worst original is blasphemia to me. Most skipped tracks probably: Any warhorses...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 3, 2013 22:08

Streets of Love.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: April 3, 2013 23:35

"Stealing my Heart" I think is the only Stones song I can't even remember; it's so non descript.
I hate "Hold Back' but at least there are some guitars and Bass that redeem it; a little.
The worst is IMO "Losing my Touch".
And the two 'Blinded' songs : 'Love' and 'Rainbows'.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 4, 2013 00:04

Back to zero, of course...

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: April 4, 2013 00:13

How anybody can listen to some of the songs on ER, DW and the four new songs that were released on Forty Licks and not think they are worse than Streets Of Love is beyond reason.

SOL is an absolute masterpiece.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: mjaggergirl ()
Date: April 4, 2013 00:17

Always hated heaven from tattoo you and it was featured in one of the worst movies ever made- vanilla sky.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 4, 2013 03:24

Indian Girl Blinded by Rainbows on The Streets of Love

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: April 4, 2013 03:26

Off the top of my head there is one song which I've never liked
"Where The Boys All Go" with the refrain "Where the Girls all Go" - cringeworthy IMO.

Also a more modern song "Sweet Neocon" - musically fine, but the lyrics "you're just a piece of s**t" is dreadful - in all honesty I think I could have come up with some more cutting lyrics...woefully bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 03:28 by rumple21.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1927
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home