Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Charie is my darling box set live CD - actual content ?
Posted by: stones75 ()
Date: November 7, 2012 00:33

Hi,

what exaclty is on the CD that tells "Live from England 65" ?

How is the quality ?
Is it one complete show?

Can anybody tell his first impressions ?

Regards,
Stones75

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-07 00:43 by stones75.

Re: Charie is my darling box set live CD - actual content ?
Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: November 7, 2012 17:31

Yes - would be interesting to see what the bonus stuff is all about!

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: November 7, 2012 17:57

Listening right now to "Live in England ´65"!>grinning smiley<

In short, it´s an expanded "Got Live if You Want it!" EP, but not the exact same mixes or even takes.
Better sound quality, superb atmoshere...what more can I say -it´s a must!grinning smileythumbs upsmileys with beer

first impression, this - I´m not even through it yet...

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: November 7, 2012 18:01

Received my Box-Set 2 hour ago: Love it, great sound (compared to other stuff on boots we have from 64-66 - but I don´t know the "GLIYWI"-EP), cool atmosphere and "Off the Hook" is a killer, same as "Time is on my Side". Looking forward to watch the film this evening on bluray and listen to the Soundtrack-CD afterwards ...

Lovely stuff indeed!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-07 18:02 by muenke.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 7, 2012 18:50

I'm torn between getting the boxset or just the Blu-Ray. Never like Got Live If You Want It - well the album, not the EP. And I'm loathe to pay ouit £69 for a glorified version of that when i could get away with just paying £15 for the Blu-Ray. So can someone help me decide?

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 7, 2012 18:53

FULL of GREAT stuff, the worst thing is that it can't get any better after this release.
As muenke wrote, Off The Hook is a killer but not the only one. I'm really waiting for the analysts but my simple guessing is that many of the tracks come from other shows than the already available versions. And more and more I tend to believe that even the Got LIVE-EP tracks had studio-vocals and now we probably hear the origial versions. But I'm sure some people will find out smiling smiley

Date: November 7, 2012 18:55

@Silver Dagger - buy it if you can. If you like the EP I bet you will love this set.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 7, 2012 20:43

silkcut1978_
@Silver Dagger - buy it if you can. If you like the EP I bet you will love this set.

The finger is hovering on the Amazon 'buy' button. Thanks silkcut1978.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 7, 2012 20:49

Silver Dagger
I'm torn between getting the boxset or just the Blu-Ray. Never like Got Live If You Want It - well the album, not the EP. And I'm loathe to pay ouit £69 for a glorified version of that when i could get away with just paying £15 for the Blu-Ray. So can someone help me decide?
This is after Brussels Affair the release of the year.
This stuff is essential.
Of all the boxes released over the last two years this is the box to get.
The bonus material is stuff of the Stones in their prime that we haven't heard before.
Absolutely essential. Pay 69 quid.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 7, 2012 22:39

Or wait till it sells for less later on. thumbs up

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: November 7, 2012 22:40

Whale
Silver Dagger
This stuff is essential.
The bonus material is stuff of the Stones in their prime that we haven't heard before.

YEP!!!

Date: November 7, 2012 23:12

His Majesty

Right now we are talking about a limited edition of 210 copies. I wouldn't wait any longer than 2 seconds to buy this gem. But ok, maybe there'll be an unlimited run as well...

Posted by: stones1962 ()
Date: November 7, 2012 23:33

silkcut1978_
His Majesty

Right now we are talking about a limited edition of 210 copies. I wouldn't wait any longer than 2 seconds to buy this gem. But ok, maybe there'll be an unlimited run as well...

They are making more than 210 copies. Maybe it's 210 copies of each different movie cell used for the box set. And there are many different movie cells being used.

Rob

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 7, 2012 23:42

silkcut1978_
His Majesty

I'm waiting till after christmas to even buy the DVD. grinning smiley

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:10

a limited autopen signed edition by Brian Jones for only £ 1250 would be nice.

Date: November 8, 2012 00:23

stones1962
silkcut1978_
His Majesty

They are making more than 210 copies. Maybe it's 210 copies of each different movie cell used for the box set. And there are many different movie cells being used.

Rob

Yes, you're right - 210 movie cells but a lot more copies. Now I'm beginning to think of a copy of each cell...eye popping smiley

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:28

Apparently the vinyl in the deluxe box only has 7 tracks. Can anybody confirm?

Date: November 8, 2012 00:30

MrEcho
Apparently the vinyl in the deluxe box only has 7 tracks. Can anybody confirm?

No, it has the same program as the CD (live in England '65) with 13 tracks. I listened to it today.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:35

A must for me as so much of it was shot in my home city on what is (and probably always will be) the band's last visit here.

Just one question - on amazon the Super Deluxe version only seems to have the movie on DVD. Is the blu-ray only available as a standalone release?

Date: November 8, 2012 00:38

Gazza
A must for me as so much of it was shot in my home city on what is (and probably always will be) the band's last visit here.

Just one question - on amazon the Super Deluxe version only seems to have the movie on DVD. Is the blu-ray only available as a standalone release?

I bought the BluRay last Saturday because of the same reason but it is indeed included in the Box set which I received 2 days later...

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:40

it´s a great set,received it last week with a cool cell indeed ....
but music counts and this stuff is incredible.
never liked the original got live if you want it lp ...this one is ...as I said.

am I the only one having problems picking the discs out of the book ?
the only thing I have to whine about...on a very high level of course.

Date: November 8, 2012 00:49

picking the discs out is way easier than putting them back, isn't it? I ripped them and will probably never touch them again.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:50

silkcut1978_
Gazza

I bought the BluRay last Saturday because of the same reason but it is indeed included in the Box set which I received 2 days later...

Ok..just reading that now...on the content part of amazon.co.uk its listed as 'DVD' but the description mentions a blu ray AND DVD in the package. Thanks.

Date: November 8, 2012 01:01

silkcut1978_
picking the discs out is way easier than putting them back, isn't it? I ripped them and will probably never touch them again.

don´t know,I picked them out and put them directly into a standard box which is ridiculous of course but I almost scratched the first...grinning smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 8, 2012 01:05

If I see shots like this ........ Charie is my darling must be great

Date: November 8, 2012 01:10

NICOS,in case you´re able to...get the box set.
It´s worth every penny,cent...whatever.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 8, 2012 02:06

Thanks me old friend I will check my record store...and my wallet

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 8, 2012 02:37

I can't wait for mine to get here. According to Amazon it's been shipped, but still in transit, supposedly supposed to be here Friday. I just got the slow/free shipping.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 8, 2012 07:03

Whale
Silver Dagger
This stuff is essential.

NO!

Buy from amazon.ca or amazon.com for $69 and pay the shipping. You're paying OVER $100 and you shouldn't be!

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 8, 2012 07:43

What's so great about the deluxe box? Is it because it comes with a vinyl, a blu-ray, and a CD or 2 [featuring the Andrew Splooge Oldham orchestra]? Well, I would only have use for the CD/DVD content, and not the blu-ray/vinyl stuff, and I have nowhere to hang the replica poster, so I'm just going to go to a Newbury Comics and get the DVD-only package at the new-item discount price--$16.99USD. As for the live from England '65 stuff, I'll settle for a $15 boot at some point. Sure, I'll miss out on that "ingeniously designed luxurious soft touch package", but the $55 I save will go toward beer and cigarettes for repeat viewings of the DVD. For $71, that box set ought to come with enough beer and cigarettes to get you through the DVD and CDs at least three times. Then it would be worth the price they are asking.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1560
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home