Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: PPV Much Better Than Attending Live Concert! And Much Cheaper!
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 6, 2012 22:36

Do you like watching X rated movies better than the real thing .....when it comes to snuff movies...ye..ye..yes!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 7, 2012 02:20

Gravity Boy: Or our underpants.

jamesfdouglas
I've been anti-piracy for my whole life. The Stones are now the ONE band I have ABSOLUTELY NO problem doing it to. I encourage eveyone else to do the same.

Me too..

Yeah but it's a slippery slope... I'll scratch your jock itch, you scratch mine..

Not healthy in a free and open demagoguery.[/quote]

Not to mention what's to be done with all those slippery slopes in people's underpants. tongue sticking out smiley
(Sorry, couldn't help myself...waiting for the shows...)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 7, 2012 02:46

DoomNGloom
StonesTod
it's a wonder why anyone would EVER go to a concert.

anybody know?

Live concerts are for kids in their teens, twenties, thirties, forties, and fifties. If you know what I mean.smiling smiley

Kids in their forties and fifties?! People aren't even having kids at those ages.

Date: November 7, 2012 02:51

WorriedAboutYou
Best nights of my life were spent at rock concerts. I never got tired of that feeling of excitement and adrenaline, the days leading up to the gig and anticipation of being in the same place as your heroes.

There's something so uniquely special and life-affirming as being around your people, hundreds or even thousands of people with a shared interest and the same enthusiasm as you. The shared energy and passion of a united audience all building up to a massive crescendo when the band hits the stage. It can be a euphoric mental and physical experience that stays with you forever.

Watching a gig on TV? Not so much.

Are you sure it doesn't wear off just a tad when you're stuck in traffic outside the stadium after a show?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 7, 2012 02:55

stonesnow
DoomNGloom
StonesTod

anybody know?

Live concerts are for kids in their teens, twenties, thirties, forties, and fifties. If you know what I mean.smiling smiley

Kids in their forties and fifties?! People aren't even having kids at those ages.

Hey now stonesnow, as someone who is in the fifties range, if DoomNGloom wants to call me a kid, I ain't going to argue.

I like live concerts much better than watching on TV for all the reasons people have already posted, but also because I don't have to deal with interruptions from the dog who wants to go out, the phone ringing, and teenagers asking for food, money, or the car keys. I can focus on having a good time with other people who are there for the same reason. smiling smiley

Date: November 7, 2012 03:09

DoomNGloom
HopeYouGuessMyName
There's something so uniquely special and life-affirming as being around your people, hundreds or even thousands of people with a shared interest and the same enthusiasm as you. The shared energy and passion of a united audience all building up to a massive crescendo when the band hits the stage. It can be a euphoric mental and physical experience that stays with you forever.

Funny thing is.....nowadays, I get this great feeling attending a GlENN BECK event. It would be fun to see the Stones, but I don't have spare $1000 for a concert ticket

Once they get beyond these four shows and into the regular tour next year I think you will find tickets much easier to come by. And much cheaper. There has been a certain "madness" with these four shows.

Do you promise, MightyStonesStillRollin50--I mean, DoomNGloom? Sorry, your tone and assurance over next year's ticket prices just remind me of a poster we had here not too long ago who would always post as if he knew exactly how things would turn out, as if he had some insider-type info.... And he would always start threads that would balloon to 3 pages plus in no time at all, with over 1,000 views in just a day or two, with everyone here posting to challenge and contradict his points.... and he would answer most every post directed at him [and there would be many to be sure] in the threads he started, just like you.... You are new here, though, DNG, so think nothing of it.... I'm just having a bit of vuja-de, so I think I'll go and lay down for a bit....

Date: November 7, 2012 03:17

latebloomer
stonesnow
DoomNGloom
StonesTod

anybody know?

Hey now stonesnow, as someone who is in the fifties range, if DoomNGloom wants to call me a kid, I ain't going to argue.

I like live concerts much better than watching on TV for all the reasons people have already posted, but also because I don't have to deal with interruptions from the dog who wants to go out, the phone ringing, and teenagers asking for food, money, or the car keys. I can focus on having a good time with other people who are there for the same reason. smiling smiley

Ah, but you look great anyway, latebloomer, and that's all that really matters.smiling smiley

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 7, 2012 03:36

an interesting question. overall being there at a concert is better. but what about a big stadium show with crummy seats hmm.. ppv is not a bad option. it also depends on what you get out of it. theres an energy and a feeling of shared experience you get seeing live music, but if you enjoy a show from a technical stand point, listening to a bootleg or watching a DVD is better.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-07 03:44 by ryanpow.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: November 7, 2012 03:42

stonesnow
DoomNGloom
StonesTod

anybody know?

My Wife and I had 2 beautiful Daughters when I was in my late 40's so this is not true

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 7, 2012 03:54

> Once they get beyond these four shows and into the regular tour next year I think you will find tickets much easier to come by. And much cheaper. There has been a certain "madness" with these four shows.

I doubt it. I don't expect any "tour" to be more than extended runs in half dozen or so cities.....in arenas. Ticket prices are set.

Date: November 7, 2012 06:02

Woz
> Once they get beyond these four shows and into the regular tour next year I think you will find tickets much easier to come by. And much cheaper. There has been a certain "madness" with these four shows.

I doubt it. I don't expect any "tour" to be more than extended runs in half dozen or so cities.....in arenas. Ticket prices are set.

Well, they better un-set them if they want to avoid a repeat of recent history! The fans have spoken, loud and clear!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 7, 2012 06:46

Still nothing like being at a live performance when a band really catches fire and the crowd gets reall into it.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: November 7, 2012 18:24

latebloomer
stonesnow
DoomNGloom
StonesTod

anybody know?

Me too! But considering the cost of the tickets, I'm really glad this is going to be on PPV. I hope someone posts how the PPV thing works - I've never done it before.smoking smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 7, 2012 18:28

DoomNGloom
I hate live concerts. Seriously. The way I enjoy the Stones today is strictly through my 60" TV screen! No hassles and a bathroom and cooler just a few feet away!

The last Stones concert I attended sucked. Lousy sound. Of course it was in a stadium.

Ticket prices are no longer an issue with me. Not that they ever were. Transportation is no longer an issue. Always was. Hotel prices and expenses are no longer an issue. I save a ton of money.

The Stones coming to PPV on December 15 is a dream come true. For less than $50.00 the Rolling Stones perform for me right in the comfort of my own living room. It doesn't get any better. And the sound is ten times better than what you hear at a stinking concert!

I hope I don't turn out like this.

Date: November 7, 2012 23:37

stonesnow
DoomNGloom
HopeYouGuessMyName

Funny thing is.....nowadays, I get this great feeling attending a GlENN BECK event. It would be fun to see the Stones, but I don't have spare $1000 for a concert ticket

Once they get beyond these four shows and into the regular tour next year I think you will find tickets much easier to come by. And much cheaper. There has been a certain "madness" with these four shows.

Do you promise, MightyStonesStillRollin50--I mean, DoomNGloom? Sorry, your tone and assurance over next year's ticket prices just remind me of a poster we had here not too long ago who would always post as if he knew exactly how things would turn out, as if he had some insider-type info.... And he would always start threads that would balloon to 3 pages plus in no time at all, with over 1,000 views in just a day or two, with everyone here posting to challenge and contradict his points.... and he would answer most every post directed at him [and there would be many to be sure] in the threads he started, just like you.... You are new here, though, DNG, so think nothing of it.... I'm just having a bit of vuja-de, so I think I'll go and lay down for a bit....

Yeah, mighty strange how he touched on the ticket price issue long before it became an issue.

Posted by: DoomNGloom ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:47

stonesnow
DoomNGloom
HopeYouGuessMyName

I found him to be highly entertaining, albeit, a bit delusional. Don't think he was an insider though. Just a fan that believed in "speaking to the mountain". A dreamer that actually thought he was motivating the Stones in some magical way with his posts. I suppose one could make the case that he was trying to warn the Stones that it wasn't wise to "push the envelope" with their fans in regards to ticket pricing this time around. Obviously they failed to heed the warning, either that or it went over their heads.

Date: November 8, 2012 03:18

MingSubu
DoomNGloom
I hate live concerts. Seriously. The way I enjoy the Stones today is strictly through my 60" TV screen! No hassles and a bathroom and cooler just a few feet away!

The last Stones concert I attended sucked. Lousy sound. Of course it was in a stadium.

Ticket prices are no longer an issue with me. Not that they ever were. Transportation is no longer an issue. Always was. Hotel prices and expenses are no longer an issue. I save a ton of money.

The Stones coming to PPV on December 15 is a dream come true. For less than $50.00 the Rolling Stones perform for me right in the comfort of my own living room. It doesn't get any better. And the sound is ten times better than what you hear at a stinking concert!

I hope I don't turn out like this.

Trust me, some day you will reach the stage in your life when you won't be able to attend live rock concerts. Or you will be unwilling to. My day has come. I have no regrets. Saw some great shows over the years. Very much looking forward to December 15 and the PPV broadcast. I will be in my own little heaven that night.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: November 8, 2012 04:15

You stay-at-homers are showing your age! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 8, 2012 04:17

atip
You stay-at-homers are showing your age! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

You aren't showing yours atip, judging from the great pic you posted. smiling smiley

Posted by: atip ()
Date: November 8, 2012 04:38

latebloomer
atip

You aren't showing yours atip, judging from the great pic you posted. smiling smiley

LOL. You got me there!

Date: November 8, 2012 05:26

atip

Yeah, someday even the Stones will phone in their performances. None of us are built to last forever.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1546
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home