Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: RIP Franz Beckenbauer
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 8, 2024 18:28

RIP Franz Beckenbauer. One of the greatest football players of all times.

German source:

[m.bild.de]

Re: OT: RIP Franz Beckenbauer
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 8, 2024 18:35

There's a new 90 mins documentary in German TV about Franz Beckenbauer - [www.DasErste.de] , HD-Video - (not geoblocked). German subtitles available.

Rest in Peace, Franz Beckenbauer.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 8, 2024 18:51

RIP Franz Beckenbauer - he was a great footballer and a great person. His merits will be remembered.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 8, 2024 19:29

Sad to hear. I think it was Franz who developed the libero position. Rest in peace.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 8, 2024 19:43

I remember him from the NY Cosmos.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: January 8, 2024 20:28

RIP Franz. It was such a pleasure to watch you play football. We have lost one of the greats, as a person and as a footballer.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 8, 2024 20:53

BlueTurns2Grey
RIP Franz. It was such a pleasure to watch you play football. We have lost one of the greats, as a person and as a footballer.

Beckenbauer was surely a great footballer but rather a Dummschwätzer (German for a person who talks without thinking) than a great person - even when he talked about football.
Si tacuisset, philosophum maneret

PS: I once met him in person. Must have been in the early/mid 80s when I was in my early teens. He was nice and charming and I got his autograph.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-08 21:03 by slewan.

Date: January 8, 2024 22:04

He joined Johan Cruijff. RiP Franz Beckenbauer. †

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: January 9, 2024 00:32

RIP Kaiser Franz, the best central defender of all time
Sici

Date: January 9, 2024 08:34

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 10, 2024 02:08

Back in the late 70's, a junior Doxa was a proud owner of one pair of these:

RIP der Kaiser.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-10 02:10 by Doxa.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 10, 2024 13:56

One of my heroes growing up. When I was a youngster my dad found out that the West German team were staying in Welwyn Garden City near London, ahead of their quarter-final match against England in Euro 72, then know as the Henri Delaunay Cup.

After school we drove up there and Franz and the team had just come back from a training session. My dad spoke with Der Kaiser, as he was known, and, I'll never forget this, he took me round to introduce to me to every player in the team who then autographed a huge poster I had made of the team with a photo of them in the middle.

A true gentleman that earned the respect of every footballer. R.I.P. dear Franz - you were one of the greatest footballers of all time.

Date: January 10, 2024 17:26

Nice story, Mike thumbs up

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 10, 2024 17:33

Silver Dagger
One of my heroes growing up. When I was a youngster my dad found out that the West German team were staying in Welwyn Garden City near London, ahead of their quarter-final match against England in Euro 72, then know as the Henri Delaunay Cup.

After school we drove up there and Franz and the team had just come back from a training session. My dad spoke with Der Kaiser, as he was known, and, I'll never forget this, he took me round to introduce to me to every player in the team who then autographed a huge poster I had made of the team with a photo of them in the middle.

A true gentleman that earned the respect of every footballer. R.I.P. dear Franz - you were one of the greatest footballers of all time.

Holy smokes, that is an incredible story Mike. If only he played for City smiling smiley
My brother got his autograph on a NY Cosmos pennant, along with Pele. I'll see if I can find it.

Posted by: MrBird65 ()
Date: January 10, 2024 20:21

slewan
BlueTurns2Grey

Beckenbauer was surely a great footballer but rather a Dummschwätzer (German for a person who talks without thinking) than a great person - even when he talked about football.

PS: I once met him in person. Must have been in the early/mid 80s when I was in my early teens. He was nice and charming and I got his autograph.
Disrespectful.. and why do you need the autograph of a Dummschwätzer?

Posted by: Tantekäthe ()
Date: January 10, 2024 20:33

MrBird65
slewan
BlueTurns2Grey

I might add: si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses (case in point...)

Date: January 10, 2024 20:35

I had a similar experience in the 80s at the Sportschule Hennef. The German team stayed there and a friend of mine asked me to come with him. I was not very much interested in soccer. He had a few black and white press photographs of Franz in the late 60s because his uncle worked for a lokal newspaper. When we met Franz he shook our hands, lokked at the photographs and told us "Ah, this was at the stadium in ... on ..." He remembered everything. Then he asked us if we would like to take some pictures with our most liked players and they came and made some funny faces or tricks with the ball. That's what I remember, a very friendly, down to earth man with great charisma. If you have met him, you know what I mean.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 10, 2024 20:36

MrBird65
I had a similar experience in the 80s at the Sportschule Hennef. The German team stayed there and a friend of mine asked me to come with him. I was not very much interested in soccer. He had a few black and white press photographs of Franz in the late 60s because his uncle worked for a lokal newspaper. When we met Franz he shook our hands, lokked at the photographs and told us "Ah, this was at the stadium in ... on ..." He remembered everything. Then he asked us if we would like to take some pictures with our most liked players and they came and made some funny faces or tricks with the ball. That's what I remember, a very friendly, down to earth man with great charisma. If you have met him, you know what I mean.

Wow, another great story. Thanks for sharing.

Date: January 10, 2024 21:20

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-10 21:21 by MrBird65.

Date: January 10, 2024 22:49

MrBird65
slewan
BlueTurns2Grey

well, I was naive teenager back then…

and it should not be forgotten that with the help of titanic magazine he brought the 2006 football world cup to Germany

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-10 22:54 by slewan.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 11, 2024 04:13

RIP Kaiser Franz

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 11, 2024 16:10

He was a member of the team that finished second at the 1966 World Cup, third at the 1970 World Cup and World Champion in 1974. He also won the European Championship with the team in 1972. And he wasn't just any player in this great team, he was the defining player. With a bit of luck, he could also have won the title in 1966 (irregular goal by England) and 1970 (refereeing error against Italy in the semi-final). But there were also negative aspects, such as his ill-considered comments about the allegedly non-existent human rights violations in Qatar. I believe that he regretted these statements in his final years. Because he was a philanthropist.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: January 11, 2024 19:22

slewan
MrBird65
slewan
BlueTurns2Grey

and it should not be forgotten that with the help of titanic magazine he brought the 2006 football world cup to Germany

Wann trifft Dich endlich der Schlag während Du Deine Scheiße hier schreibst. Zum Tod von Franz so einen verfickten Mist zu schreiben, Spätestens jetzt wüßte ich gerne wo Du wohnst. Deine 100te von mega-negativen Posts zu den Stones waren schon Folter. Aber am Todestag so etwas zu schreiben zeigt klar: Dir geht es nur darum, hier Leute zu verletzten. Stones-Fans. Beckenbauer-Fans. Alle. Und Du kannst das alles machen weil Du hier feige und anonym als verbaler Heckenschütze agieren kannst. Wären wir hier alle in einem Raum hätte man Dich längst aus dem Saal katapultiert. Per Arschtritt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-11 19:26 by caschimann.

Date: January 11, 2024 19:36

caschimann
slewan
MrBird65
slewan
BlueTurns2Grey

Wann trifft Dich endlich der Schlag während Du Deine Scheiße hier schreibst. Zum Tod von Franz so einen verfickten Mist zu schreiben, Spätestens jetzt wüßte ich gerne wo Du wohnst. Deine 100te von mega-negativen Posts zu den Stones waren schon Folter. Aber am Todestag so etwas zu schreiben zeigt klar: Dir geht es nur darum, hier Leute zu verletzten. Stones-Fans. Beckenbauer-Fans. Alle. Und Du kannst das alles machen weil Du hier feige und anonym als verbaler Heckenschütze agieren kannst. Wären wir hier alle in einem Raum hätte man Dich längst aus dem Saal katapultiert. Per Arschtritt.

whatever you think about my opinions – this is a personal attack and a threat and thus not acceptable

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-11 19:39 by slewan.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 11, 2024 21:21

caschimann
slewan
MrBird65
slewan
BlueTurns2Grey

[iorr.org]

Date: January 11, 2024 21:42

Koen
caschimann
slewan
MrBird65
slewan
BlueTurns2Grey

[iorr.org]

translate this post by using googel translator and find out what the real problem is

Date: January 11, 2024 23:10

caschimann

Wann trifft Dich endlich der Schlag während Du Deine Scheiße hier schreibst. Zum Tod von Franz so einen verfickten Mist zu schreiben, Spätestens jetzt wüßte ich gerne wo Du wohnst. Deine 100te von mega-negativen Posts zu den Stones waren schon Folter. Aber am Todestag so etwas zu schreiben zeigt klar: Dir geht es nur darum, hier Leute zu verletzten. Stones-Fans. Beckenbauer-Fans. Alle. Und Du kannst das alles machen weil Du hier feige und anonym als verbaler Heckenschütze agieren kannst. Wären wir hier alle in einem Raum hätte man Dich längst aus dem Saal katapultiert. Per Arschtritt

I would love to hear this spoken by The German Voice Of John Wayne: Arnold Marquis. smoking smiley

Date: January 11, 2024 23:22

TheflyingDutchman
caschimann

I would love to hear this spoken by The German Voice Of John Wayne: Arnold Marquis. smoking smiley

this it NOT funny but a serious threat

Date: January 11, 2024 23:28

I know. I wrote about it 17 posts up.thumbs up

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 12, 2024 06:43

Undoubtedly a titan of 60’s and 70’s football.

All the genuine greats are now gone: Pele, Cruyff; Best and Charlton.

Now, Beckenbauer.

Rest in peace, Franz Beckenbauer

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2409
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home