Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A Rolling Stones STORE in NYC?
Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 4, 2012 06:11

Hello everyone!

I'm going to see the concerts in New York but I first want to buy some stuffs of the Stones (and not the new horrible t-shirt with the gorilla that they will sell front of the arena).

Someone knows a place in NYC Who sell a lot of Rolling Stones stuffs?? (pins, hats, shirts, ...

Thank you smiling smiley)))

Ben.

Re: A Rolling Stones STORE in NYC?
Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: November 4, 2012 07:17

Sadly, not really. J&R Music down by City Hall might have some t-shirts and coffee mugs. Other than that, maybe some unauthorized stuff on St. Mark's between 2nd & 3rd or Bleeker around 6th Ave...

Record stores are getting hard to find around here; rock memorabilia shops might be a thing of the past at this point. I haven't seen a dedicated one in NYC in a decade, at least.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 4, 2012 12:22

There used to be a great memoribilia store a few shops away from the Ed Sullivan theater. Is that gone too?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 4, 2012 14:19

Only one I know of anywhere: [www.bravadousa.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 4, 2012 16:38

I saw this topic and thought, what a great idea. I mean the Stones are definately a brand and most every other brand has a retail outlet dedicated to them, why not the Stones? I would dig browsing around in a Stones only store.

If it isn't in the works already I'm sure the Stones kids and business people will act on this one when the Stones are no longer with us, sad as that day will be. peace

Posted by: nick ()
Date: November 4, 2012 20:00

As JuanTCB says, the places you can go to are less and less. Your best bet is to go to Greenwich Village and walk up and down ALL the streets. I'm not being a wise guy, it's just that some of these shops are so small that if you are driving a car you could not possibly pay attention to the road and scope out the shops that are left. Lots of good places to eat and drink to take a break from all that walking.

In all honesty, the internet, IORR and ebay really made these stores useless. My collection grew dramatically because of it and most of the time you can get exactly what you want, when you want it, with less time and money.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 4, 2012 20:02

I've seen more Stones merch at Zeller's (now bought out by Walmart) than any record store, headshop, or anything music-related.

Rock and Roll.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 4, 2012 20:06

jamesfdouglas
I've seen more Stones merch at Zeller's (now bought out by Walmart) than any record store, headshop, or anything music-related.

Rock and Roll.

Target?

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 4, 2012 21:47

i got a cool SOME GIRLS shirt at the Virgin megastore in downtown manhatten (i'm sure there are several virigin stores there) about 4 years ago. worth a look.

also maybe H and M

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 4, 2012 21:48

treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas

Rock and Roll.

Target?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 4, 2012 23:51

Beware of the bravado autopen...on things they claim are autographed.

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: November 5, 2012 00:00

What are you looking for? I'm in Brooklyn and have alot of Stones items for sale!

Date: November 5, 2012 00:52

peoplewitheyes
i got a cool SOME GIRLS shirt at the Virgin megastore in downtown manhatten (i'm sure there are several virigin stores there) about 4 years ago. worth a look.

also maybe H and M

The Virgins in NYC went extinct a couple of years ago.

Megastores, I mean.

Amazon's got a bunch of t-shirts. Bravado is the source for most of 'em but it might be cheaper to go this route, depending on where you are.

Posted by: cookwazzahoe ()
Date: November 5, 2012 01:55

Generation Records and Revolver Records in the Village

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 5, 2012 03:05

the concerts are in new jersey.

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: November 5, 2012 03:17

Hi what have you got that's interesting, I could be interested? you can mail me at paul@hanrahansmith.com.au

Date: November 5, 2012 04:57

backstreetboy1
the concerts are in new jersey.

Newark's only about a 10 minute train ride away. It's not much farther from Manhattan as Barclays in Brooklyn.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: November 5, 2012 06:45

benstones
Someone knows a place in NYC Who sell a lot of Rolling Stones stuffs?? (pins, hats, shirts, ...

Shirts

[www1.macys.com]

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 6, 2012 02:41

Thank you everyone!
I didn't know that it was that hard to find a Rolling Stones' store in NY.
There is a very good one in London (on Baker Street) but very expensive!!!!!
But with all the informations you gave me, I think I can find some stuffs... smiling smiley
Thanks again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2123
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home