Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: very cool video on the Writing and rehearsing of Mixed emotions Montserrat 1989
Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 4, 2012 21:27

I quite like Mixed Emotions and I do think it swings. Charlieplays really well on that song. Agreed almost Hear You Sigh is a better song but its not a lead single type of song and MixedEmotions is. I remember listening to it back in 1989 and thinking the song jumped out of the speakers. I wish they would play the songlive again.

Re: very cool video on the Writing and rehearsing of Mixed emotions Montserrat 1989
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 4, 2012 21:33

I remember an interview with Mick where he said that mixed emotions falls apart at the chorus whenever they played it live. Hence why it was dropped.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 4, 2012 21:48

sjs12
I remember an interview with Mick where he said that mixed emotions falls apart at the chorus whenever they played it live. Hence why it was dropped.

What a coincidence. That was at just the point when I would tune the radio to another station.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 4, 2012 21:49

25X5 is a must I loved when it was released. I need a bluray edition now.
It was aired on Canal+ at the time with the 2 concerts : AC 89 and Madrid 90. A fantastic pre-internet period

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: November 4, 2012 23:02

it's a good video b/c it plays into our fantasies of how the Stones once did/should operate - Mick and Keith, hammering it out, coming up with gems...

Date: November 4, 2012 23:19

Cool song, cool video.

Matt Clifford actually had the nerve to say to Keith: "You´ve got the job", when he laid down the BU vox winking smiley

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: November 4, 2012 23:42

Great footage of the legendary Mr. Leavell at 3.26!

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: November 4, 2012 23:43

"Mick's Demotion"

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home