Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I'm Alright from the new ABKCO relase 'Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965. AWESOME.
Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: November 3, 2012 17:59

Here is another link to a great clip from the new 2012 version of 'Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965.

Re: I'm Alright from the new ABKCO relase 'Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965. AWESOME.
Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: November 3, 2012 18:11

They took the track from the "Got LIVE If You Want It" EP (which was recorded in England) and edited footage from an Irish show to the track. The editing was done very well, not perfectly however, since in a case such as this it is nearly impossible to combine two different sources, one visual and one audio, and 'fool' the viewer.

Sadly, I fear much of the live footage from this 'lost' film is just that-tracks from ABKCO recordings edited to footage that was originally silent.

Oh well....

Re: I'm Alright from the new ABKCO relase 'Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965. AWESOME.
Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: November 3, 2012 18:15

soulsurvivor1
Here is another link to a great clip from the new 2012 version of 'Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965.

Audio from the "Got live if you want it" EP

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 3, 2012 19:21

There's an even cleverer bit of editing in the film, just after this clip ends - because I'm Alright ends in a stage invasion with fans tackling the band and security tackling fans and the whole number breaking down in chaos - and if you didn't know better you'd swear the audio at that point was live, with some of the band making a run for it and others trying to play on until the bitter end.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 3, 2012 19:51

So can we assume there's no bonafide live footage featuring audio of the Dublin and Belfast gigs then (as was the case in the original movie)?

Date: November 3, 2012 20:07

Gazza
So can we assume there's no bonafide live footage featuring audio of the Dublin and Belfast gigs then (as was the case in the original movie)?

I think that's a fair assumption to make. There must have been something wrong with the original audio and ABKCO had no choice but to overdub audio from other live recordings.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 3, 2012 20:11

I posted this in one of the other Charlie Is My Darling threads:

"We did some pretty serious science on this," director Mick Gochanour told Billboard about the restoration process. "It took eight months to synch up the [soundtrack] with the live performances…We realised during the middle that we had six complete performances" from the two different cities, recorded on long-obsolete three-track tape.

He added: "There were three tracks: the audience, Mick, and the band. The audience recording was slightly out-of-synch with the band, and when we aligned them, it gave unbelievable definition to the bass and drums."

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: November 3, 2012 20:32

As I posted in other threads and on Shidoobee, only a few new tracks of audio, the rest is Got Live 66, Tami show 64

Date: November 3, 2012 21:23

deardoctortake1
As I posted in other threads and on Shidoobee, only a few new tracks of audio, the rest is Got Live 66, Tami show 64

Some of the audio I think were from the Got Live EP from 1965. Some of the tracks were from that EP and I believe from those same concerts, but were not included on the EP.

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: November 3, 2012 22:30

Maybe, but what we see and hear are still the Rolling Stones live! and it sounds and looks great

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: November 3, 2012 22:59

this is a bummer to me versus real live footage with synced sound...I will stick tot he Tami Show and all the TV appearances.

Date: November 3, 2012 23:06

thabo
Maybe, but what we see and hear are still the Rolling Stones live! and it sounds and looks great

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: November 4, 2012 07:24

deardoctortake1

I Thought so!!! Time is on my Side is from the vinyl GL 66 (the CD from the 80's has a different version) And I am soooo hoping that "Satisfaction" is also from the vinyl GL 66!! (which was a better version than the CD one IMO)
-------------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: November 4, 2012 15:37

I can't tell which Satisfaction source it's from, no power in N J and I can't play my turntable, only lap top player. I never thought there were two sources of Satisfaction from 2 diffwrent shows, maybe a better sound? The sync is very well done to the point of thinking maybe Got Live 66 is Ireland 65 in part, especially Satisfaction.

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: November 5, 2012 17:47

At the website (www.charlieismydarling.com) there is a free song download - click on the shamrock marked 'free song'. Its a rough/rehearsal version of I'd Much Rather Be With The Boys.I've not heard this version before, and I've not seen the film yet - is it from the film?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 5, 2012 17:51

Gazza

Hmmm, thought it might be too good to be true. Think I might just get the normal DVD rather than the boxset unless I hear differently in the next week or so.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 5, 2012 21:12

dadrob
this is a bummer to me versus real live footage with synced sound...I will stick tot he Tami Show and all the TV appearances.

But the Tami Show is not live too. It was recorded the day before.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 5, 2012 21:18

What really makes me wonder are The Last Time / Everybody / Pain In My Heart.

Everybody/Pain In My Heart: the music seems to be from the Got LIVE-EP, the vocals aren't.

The Last Time: this sound so familiar to me but near to the end Jagger sings the chorus in a way I've haven't heard before.

So what do we have here? Seems as if the Got LIVE-EP was overdubbed with studio-vocals as well and now we've got the raw recording. Any ideas beside that?

Posted by: stones1962 ()
Date: November 6, 2012 00:04

hockenheim95
dadrob

The TAMI show was live. The Stones were not lip synching. If they were it's the best lip synching performance I've ever seen. I don't know how this story got out. I think the day before were rehearsals, or maybe only half the acts performed one day and than the others the following day. The TAMI Show was a big concert, so I would assume there were rehearsals.

Rob

Date: November 6, 2012 01:09

stones1962
hockenheim95
dadrob

The TAMI show was live. The Stones were not lip synching. If they were it's the best lip synching performance I've ever seen. I don't know how this story got out. I think the day before were rehearsals, or maybe only half the acts performed one day and than the others the following day. The TAMI Show was a big concert, so I would assume there were rehearsals.

Rob

does anybody know more about this? I thought all the time that it was not live but I don`t have a source for it.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 6, 2012 21:16

hockenheim95
stones1962
hockenheim95
dadrob

Rob

does anybody know more about this? I thought all the time that it was not live but I don`t have a source for it.

You just thought wrong.

Date: November 6, 2012 21:23

To good to be true then, ah well, the magical TAMI show is still the best and true representation of them as a live band.

Kind of a bummer about it not being the actual audio from the Ireland gig, but having the original movie is a bonus, the other stuff is mega bonus material. The audio/footage syncing isn't all that great, going by the preview, Brian is shown playing chuck berry rhythm during The Last time for example.

Glad I didn't fork out for the deluxe doo-dah. The standard DVD will do fine thank you very much.

Date: November 6, 2012 21:24

So what's the deal? Worth getting the box set or just the Blu-Ray? Have many more minutes of footage have they added to the bootleg film?

Date: November 6, 2012 21:28

The box set doesn't feature anymore footage than the regular release, the extras are the book, the lp's, soundtrack and live CDs.

Date: November 6, 2012 21:37

Green Lady
I posted this in one of the other Charlie Is My Darling threads:

"We did some pretty serious science on this," director Mick Gochanour told Billboard about the restoration process. "It took eight months to synch up the [soundtrack] with the live performances…We realised during the middle that we had six complete performances" from the two different cities, recorded on long-obsolete three-track tape.

He added: "There were three tracks: the audience, Mick, and the band. The audience recording was slightly out-of-synch with the band, and when we aligned them, it gave unbelievable definition to the bass and drums."

[www.nme.com]

Those two cities seem to have been in England. grinning smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 6, 2012 21:42

His Majesty
The box set doesn't feature anymore footage than the regular release, the extras are the book, the lp's, soundtrack and live CDs.

The CDs are interesting, the expanded Got Live-EP in particular - that's a thing I've been waiting for since decades!

But they most likely pop up "somewhere" anyway.

Date: November 6, 2012 23:55

His Majesty

Where is the material from on the live CDs? Is it the Got Live album plus some other stuff they've found?

Date: November 7, 2012 02:09

His Majesty
hockenheim95
stones1962
hockenheim95
dadrob

Rob

You just thought wrong.

641028B 28th October: Santa Monica, Civic Auditorium, 'Teen Age Music International
(TAMI) Awards Show'.
Recording of all tracks (except the closing jam) for the playback tape,
used on 29th October.

641029A 29th October: Santa Monica, California, Civic Auditorium, 'TAMI Awards Show'
- Around And Around (Chuck Berry)
- Off The Hook (MJ/KR)
- Time Is On My Side (Jerry Ragavoy)
- It's All Over Now (Bobby and Shirley Womack)
- I'm Alright (Ellas McDaniel)
- Let's Get Together ( ) -closing jam, with other competitors of the show
Note: Electronovision/Screen Entertainment made a movie (at least three different
versions, only one includes the whole Stones-set) of this show. Premiere of the
first version with just one Stones-track ('Time Is On My Side') was on the 14th
November under title 'Teenage

source: www.nzentgraf.de

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: November 7, 2012 02:15

641028B 28th October: Santa Monica, Civic Auditorium, 'Teen Age Music International
(TAMI) Awards Show'.
Recording of all tracks (except the closing jam) for the playback tape,
used on 29th October.

I honestly think this has be a typo - everything looks and sounds live except the closing jam.

Date: November 8, 2012 22:09

First of all, as others have noted, Zentgraf is absolutely wrong on TAMI. Completely live, as should be obvious to anyone viewing it. The signature live Stones performance on film from that era, period.

Really bummed that they don't seem to have any of the real live audio from the Irish gigs, and that they had to resort to synching the audio from the Spring '65 "Got Live" gigs. Note that the version of "Time Is On My Side" that wound up on the "Got Live" LP also originated from those same '65 gigs.

Somewhat dishonest of the producers not to come clean on this, insinuating that the audio portion is from the actual performances here.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home