Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlie Is My Darling on BBC Four& RS on BBC
Date: November 2, 2012 22:29

Stones on BBC in November

BBC and the Stones, a lot will be happening this month: interviews as well as the screening of Charlie Is My Darling on BBC Four! Check it out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-02 23:19 by paulinestroosnijder.

Re: Charlie Is My Darling on BBC Four
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 2, 2012 22:42

Might be wrong but in all the years BBC4 have been running (since 2005 or so) I think this will be the first time they've chosen the Stones for one of the 'theme' nights they have every Friday - and in this case, itll clearly be for more than one night.

Long overdue.

Re: Charlie Is My Darling on BBC Four
Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: November 2, 2012 23:01

paulinestroosnijder
Stones on BBC in November

BBC and the Stones, a lot will be happening this month: interviews as well as the screening of Charlie Is My Darling on BBC Four! Check it out.

Looks good. Some of the themed evenings are very good.

Re: Charlie Is My Darling on BBC Four& RS on BBC
Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: November 2, 2012 23:57

Many of the songs, especially Around and Around, are overdubbed, Around and Around is from 64 TAMI show. Satisfaction is from Got Live LP from 66. Only a few songs, Time Is On MY side, Pain IN My Heart, Time is On My Side, The Last Time are new.

Disappointed that not all songs are newly found live.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 3, 2012 12:15

thanks for the info
jeroen

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 3, 2012 12:55

Wonder what archive stuff the BBC will show. The Last Time, Let's Spend The Night Together from Top Of The Pops for sure. Not sure if there is any other existing TOTP material?

Gimme Shelter from 69. Whistle Test stuff could include the Goat's Head Soup promos, hopefully Street Fighting Man from Germany 73, some of the Paris 76 show.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 3, 2012 13:29

deardoctortake1
Many of the songs, especially Around and Around, are overdubbed, Around and Around is from 64 TAMI show. Satisfaction is from Got Live LP from 66. Only a few songs, Time Is On MY side, Pain IN My Heart, Time is On My Side, The Last Time are new.

If you listen at 12:21 the 2 guests on that panel(they both work on the movie and sound very knowledgeable) say that Satisfaction isn't overdubbed!!!
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 3, 2012 14:29

The BBC stuff should be released.
Will somebody record this & torrent it somewhere?

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: November 3, 2012 15:39

rollmops
deardoctortake1

If you listen at 12:21 the 2 guests on that panel(they both work on the movie and sound very knowledgeable) say that Satisfaction isn't overdubbed!!!
Rock and roll,
Mops

perhaps Got Live If You Want it is Ireland 65 not London 66

Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: November 3, 2012 17:06

rollmops
deardoctortake1

Rock and roll,
Mops

Ofcourse Satisfaction is from 1966. The panel meant that Mick Jagger did not do any overdubs in 2012... smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-03 17:07 by Sacke.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: November 3, 2012 17:10

Sacke
rollmops
deardoctortake1

Rock and roll,
Mops

Ofcourse Satisfaction is from 1966. The panel meant that Mick Jagger did not do any overdubs in 2012... smiling smiley
All 2012 overdubs were done by Blondie Chaplin winking smiley

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: November 10, 2012 21:17

Has anybody got more dates?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1785
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home