Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Set list help PLEASE!!!
Posted by: R ()
Date: December 20, 2004 15:47

Somewhere there is a web-site that has reproductions of the ACTUAL set lists the Stones and crew worked from on the LICKS tour. They are a computer print out that shows the song title, the key it's in, beats per minute and detailia like if there is or is not horns, etc.

Can somebody point me in the right direction please?

(And yes I'll be really embarassed if it's within IORR somewhere)

Thanks! ---R

Re: Set list help PLEASE!!!
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: December 20, 2004 16:21

There are some setlistes with key from the Licks rehearsals on the website from a guy calles OldKr from Shidoobee.
[www.oldkr.co.uk]

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 20, 2004 18:31

www.glimmergathering.com

Posted by: jigsawpuzzle ()
Date: December 20, 2004 19:20

Why do they need to know beats per minute?

Date: December 20, 2004 19:23

Because it's no longer the 81/82 tour smiling smiley

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: December 20, 2004 19:45

"Why do they need to know beats per minute?"
"Because it's no longer the 81/82 tour"

True.

The @#$%& Metronome is one of the gadgets they should leave at home the next tour. As well as other gadgets we've talked here about a lot of times, Chuck included... grinning smiley

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 21, 2004 12:43

At £150 a ticket, I'd like to bloody think they could at least a) play in tune and b) to the right beat

If it takes some insignificant gadget that no-one would know about unless some people chose to be anal about it on some website to help them sound competent, then who bloody cares?

It's all very well reminiscing about slapdash performances from over 20 years ago, but the fact is that if they sounded that ramshackle now, the whining about it would be much greater than it currently is about them sounding 'slick'. Dont kid yourselves.

If anyone's happy with a band sounding like a Saturday night pub band, then thats fine - as long as their ticket prices reflect that.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: December 21, 2004 13:14

I have nothing against metronomes per-se, Gazza. My only (nonetheless) complaint is that I'd like to hear Brown Sugar at, let's say, 90 bmp tonight and wouldn't mind if tomorrow they play it at 115 bpm.

> "If anyone's happy with a band sounding like a Saturday night pub band, then thats fine - as long as their ticket prices reflect that".

If a well oiled and decent saturday night pub band cand keep the tempo without a metronome, I really find somewhat sad that the Stones can't do this. Instead of having Chuck counting one-two-three following the machine, I'd like to see Keef starting Jumping Jack Flash at a tempo 125% as rehearsed, for example. I wouldn't mind if the light-crew is in a bit of worry adjusting the spotlights because Keith have decided to forget the metronome. And I'm sure you will be with me about the Stones need a bit of risk on stage nowadays. Many gigs in their legendary tours were made by "The most expensive pub band in the world"

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Date: December 21, 2004 14:23

It is also used for programming the lighting during different songs.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 26, 2007 19:57

Really, shouldn't it be more about MUSIC and less lighting and effects.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: March 26, 2007 20:14

On certain songs they don't use a metronome. For example, wilst songs like SFTD will have a BPM which is the same on every performance, songs like BTMMR and MR have the word "keith" writen under the tempo column

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home