Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Cocksuker blues
Date: December 20, 2004 12:55

Went to see this at the tate modern on saturday. Very vivid and funny in places. The best conversation was kieth talking to hotel reception, asking for some fruit, can you send up a n apple? can you send up three apples? How long will it take? Well sir, that will take at least 20 minutes, - yeah, alright you had to be there.

What is really unique is the way in which Franks captures on stage detail of expressions, of Mick in particular. It was also funny to see Mick Taylor who looked like a visitor from another planet, out of place, walking from room to room, like a lost schoolboy at a party to which he had received an accidental invitation.

Happy Christmas to all IORReans

Captain

Re: Cocksuker blues
Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: December 20, 2004 17:15

Was it the same version of the film as on all the boots? How was Robert Frank's q & a? Any amusing stories or incriminating anecdotes?

Date: December 20, 2004 18:51

It was Micks own copy, an original tape. I don,t know wht was on the boots. There was no Robert Frank Q and A, just an introduction from on of the directors of the gallery, who explained MJ had had a change of view after 30 years of resrticting its promotion, he was now supportive of RF,s work. Given the life he (RF) has had i suspect MJ feels sorry for him.

Date: December 20, 2004 18:51

It was Micks own copy, an original tape. I don,t know wht was on the boots. There was no Robert Frank Q and A, just an introduction from on of the directors of the gallery, who explained MJ had had a change of view after 30 years of resrticting its promotion, he was now supportive of RF,s work. Given the life he (RF) has had i suspect MJ feels sorry for him.

Date: December 20, 2004 18:52

Date: December 20, 2004 18:52

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 20, 2004 21:12

Ok... Ok...Captain, I heard ya the first time god damn it..!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: john r ()
Date: December 21, 2004 00:15

What's going on with Frank - health prolems?? (I saw it in 88 or so - Frank broght the reels & introduced it - no q & a - with 'another kind of road movie', "Candy Mountain," which is very good (picaresque drams with David Johanson, Joe Strummer, Tom Waits, Leon Redbone, etc).

Posted by: Kingen ()
Date: December 21, 2004 00:46

Maybe Mick can give more tapes away to some famous bootlegers???

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: March 7, 2006 12:41

Has the tape been released on DVD?

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 7, 2006 12:55

Not Officially. you can find a DVD boot. I have a very clean Video of it. Since it was only shot on super 8mm and 16mm (I don't believe there was any 35mm at all) the quality's never gonna be super top notch anyway. A very interesting film that should be officially released. Quite tame these days compared to the mid '70's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2682
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home