Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The Rolling Stones’ Chuck Leavell: ‘Great to be back together’ and rocking rehearsals
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:55

paulm
glad to see the supporters out in force. Chuck is the epitome of understated cool. Actually, many of the Stones' mannerisms were lifted from Chuck. They're probably not even aware of it, his influence runs so deep.

post of the day. we thank you.

Re: The Rolling Stones’ Chuck Leavell: ‘Great to be back together’ and rocking rehearsals
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:58

I bet Chuck tells people "..yeah, but you know I'm really a Rolling Stone...".

I'd like to hear Keith say that Chuck is a Rolling Stone.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: November 1, 2012 18:04

Chuck's first concert with The Allman Brothers Band... If he was good for them, he's good enough for The Stones... Him being relegated to the plinky plonky keyboard is another matter...

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: November 1, 2012 18:08

there has to be some reason they don't utilise Ian MacLagan in the band...maybe he's a little taller than Mick or something...

i thought the reason they didn't hire Wayne Perkins was because he wasn't English and they wanted an English guy in the band...

so they settled for a southern hick on piano...and i can say that because i am from North Carolina...yes i am a hick...

Date: November 1, 2012 18:09

GravityBoy

anything would be better than hearing him say "it's good to be here...." so i'm with you on that....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 1, 2012 18:09

GravityBoy
"He’s the fifth – and often overlooked – member of The Rolling Stones."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll stop right there,

I've already said too much.

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 1, 2012 18:10

StonesTod
paulm
glad to see the supporters out in force. Chuck is the epitome of understated cool. Actually, many of the Stones' mannerisms were lifted from Chuck. They're probably not even aware of it, his influence runs so deep.

For the second time in the course of a minute, I threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Date: November 1, 2012 18:12

treaclefingers
StonesTod
paulm

For the second time in the course of a minute, I threw up a little bit in my mouth.

all part of the big four...you should diversify a little now...some gas or toe jam perhaps....

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: November 1, 2012 18:13

StonesTod
GravityBoy

anything would be better than hearing him say "it's good to be here...." so i'm with you on that....

hahaha brilliant!!...he needs to update this part of the act with a Groucho nose and a cigar...

Date: November 1, 2012 18:14

cowboytoast
StonesTod
GravityBoy

hahaha brilliant!!...he needs to update this part of the act with a Groucho nose and a cigar...

you get high marx for that suggestion

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: November 1, 2012 18:37

He was good with the Allmans... playing Nicky Hopkins-like. Why did he play this bearded way in the Stones today? Didn't he practice? Did he forgot how to play?

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Date: November 1, 2012 18:53

Thanks for posting the link Dandelion. Things seem to have changed a lot since that past moment. He really sounded good.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 1, 2012 20:14

I stopped reading at "everyone is in fantastic shape and looking forward to getting this in front of the fans."

Which is obviously not true. The bansd (Jagger excepted) is currently struggling hard to reach a level of physical form compatible with the O2 gigs.
(I wish them all the best btw).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 1, 2012 20:19

...and you know that because ?

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 1, 2012 20:47

Chuck is a nice guy and talented musician. 30 years with The Stones means something. And when he more than hint of something more than 4 shows, it has to be taken into account from my perspective.

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: November 1, 2012 21:04

I don't know if anyone else got this same impression as me, but on the stuff that's leaked on Youtube from the Paris gigs, it sounds to my ears like the sidemen are REALLY hustling and playing their you-know-whats off like they really need the money, and the actual Stones are turgid and slow and their usual sloppy selves. It's kind of ghoulish.

It reminds me of the last years of Salvador Dali, when he had apprentices and assistants who forced him to sign blank canvasses, or put his name on paintings that weren't his, they kept him cranking out art into his 80s. You hear Chuck counting off songs and playing wild solos on top, you hear Bernard singing really loud (too loud)...musically it sounds to me like the sidemen are sort of "forcing it." The last Elvis tours were sort of like that too -- the sidemen and backing vocalists were REALLY giving it their all, every night, kind of over-doing it, because without the gig, they knew they had nothing to do.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 1, 2012 21:51

StonesTod
paulm

Indeed it is. Like it or not, Chuck is very much integrated into band. In fact, to expound on StonesTod's post, it is Chuck's band. Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie just happen to be in it...

Date: November 1, 2012 21:53

ChrisM
StonesTod
paulm

Indeed it is. Like it or not, Chuck is very much integrated into band. In fact, to expound on StonesTod's post, it is Chuck's band. Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie just happen to be in it...

well, it WAS acknowledged to be Stu's band, right? And Chuck's the new Stu, so it sorta follows. Plus, he's such a cool dude. no, really. Very cool.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 1, 2012 22:03

StonesTod
chuck's #1 in my book...the others are just lucky to be in his band. no lie.

Totally agree!! No Chuck = No Stones. They can't do it without him. Thank God they have him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-01 22:49 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 1, 2012 22:15

More Hot Rocks
StonesTod
chuck's #1 in my book...the others are just lucky to be in his band. no lie.

Totally agree!! No Chuck + No Stones. They can't do it without him. Thank God they have him.

That's fuzzy math. Where's the solution to your addition?

Here it is properly folowed through

No Chuck + No Stones = A Horn Section with Back Up Singers

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home