Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Book Norway 2023: The Rolling Stones Låt for Låt by Bård Ose
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 11, 2023 16:04

New Book Norway 2023
The Rolling Stones Låt for Låt by Bård Ose

Language: Norwegian

1,5 kg (33 lbs)
18 x 24 cm (7" x 102)
720 pages

Published: June 7, 2023

This is a large book, the perfect gift for any Stones fan in Norway, may be also to others, reading Norwegian, also there are 450 pictures of record covers, cronologically listing of all 480 publicly released Stones songs from 1963 until spring 2023 (including Grrr! Live).

So I play the song, my favorites, with the book in my hands, play it loud, like "Memory Motel", while I read the story behind the song, how it was written, how it was recorded, how the band members fill in one by one, and so on.

I will read them all, every song, play them, and read the stories, some told before, but more details here, and it should be complete, up to, but not including Hackney Diamonds.

Great work Bård Ose!

The Rolling Stones, låt for låt - historien bak sangene Av Bård Ose (ark.no)

Solid om alle sangene til Rolling Stones (Puls.no)

Årets musikkbøker II: Stones, Beatles – og knapt ett ord om noen av dem (ballade.no)

Bjornulf

Re: New Book Norway 2023: The Rolling Stones Låt for Låt by Bård Ose
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 11, 2023 22:41

This one deserves a bump...

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: December 12, 2023 00:45

Looks like a fantastic book with a comprehensive listing of their output! Thanks for the info!

480 songs before Hackney Diamonds? That count seems high to me and I would love to see what's included. Perhaps some tracks written by Jagger & Richards for other artists but never performed or released by the Stones themselves?

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: December 12, 2023 23:06

I remember buying his book in the early '90s. I think that one covered up untill the Highwire/Sex Drive recordings. Good read. I also remember writing him a letter, wanting him to cover Voodoo Lounge and Bridges. I actually got an answer from him, telling me that he wasn't planning that at the moment. Now he has done it. Great! I will be buying this!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1993
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home