Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
So about the new tour...
Posted by: sir_carlos ()
Date: December 18, 2004 15:04

How do you think it will look??? Maybe with new material they could fill the big stadiums.... but they probably have to low their prices... It would be sad if they make a tour with half- empty stadiums...

Or will it be an Arena tour behaps?

I say this: a great new album, lower prices, stadium tour, the final one, with totally packed stadiums.... or at least that's my dream...

smiling smiley

THE STONES RULE!!!

Re: So about the new tour...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 18, 2004 15:30

Hi Sir,
great to have you back. One thing is sure: they won't charge less than last time for tickets. I only hope they will not DOUBLE them again as they did the last two times. So I hope you have started saving money. See you on the next tour. Take care, alter Schwede!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 18, 2004 15:31

I'm hoping for stadiums, arenas, theaters and VERY small clubs (like the Double Door).Low prices is a MUST!!!!! And IT SHOULDN'T BE THE LAST @#$%& TOUR!!!!!! THEY SHOULD QUIT WHEN ONE OF THEM DIES!!!!!!! NOT BEFORE!!!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Date: December 18, 2004 15:49

thankyou for welcoming me back... I've been wathcing the site every day, just don't have felt the fire for writing, but now I am back, hotter then evertongue sticking out smiley...

But thinkin of the money they drove in the the last time, this tour should be like, lower ticket prices, for yor: the people that have folowed us true our whole carrier, beginning in the sixties... this i all for you folks!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 18, 2004 16:44

It should be....but it never won't !

Posted by: WAYNEP ()
Date: December 23, 2004 17:06

I think they should lower the prices some. Not to save me money, I'll pay whatever they want, but to get more young fans who can't afford a $300 ticket. A bunch of 20 something's were behind me at the Stadium in Boston the 2nd night of the tour, and they were having an absolute ball. We elders can rock up a storm, but a mix is far better, not just those of us who can afford it. Youthful enthusiasm gives us all a shot in the arm. Just my opinion.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 23, 2004 17:48

lower prices? no chance...they're far too greedy to even think about it

No wonder they have hardly any younger fans at their concerts and no wonder the audiences as a result are too sedate

Posted by: Jumacfly ()
Date: December 23, 2004 18:10

i m waiting for surprises, guests like bill or MT, we don t need a voodoo urban babylon number 5 but something really NEW!!!!

Posted by: R ()
Date: December 23, 2004 18:24

They've been ahead of the curve pricewise since 1969. People were bitching then when they were charged $5-$6. I paid $10 for my first show in '75 and THAT was about $2-$3 higher than the norm.

We'll be looking at $125 for the seats that cost $95 last time, $195 for what had been $150 and $400 for the prime.

Date: December 23, 2004 19:09

Answer to "R"---

That is like digging their own grave, no one is going to watch then, just us. They should be the most expensive band in the world, yes. Because they are the greatest... But their are limits...

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: December 23, 2004 19:10

U2 will tour Europe summer 2005. Therefore I feel the Stones this time will do a low-budget areana tour autumn 2005 and winter 2006. Remember world championship in soccer will take place june/july 2006.

Date: December 23, 2004 19:13

Yeah, I agree, It feels like an arena tour is on the board

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 23, 2004 19:18

They will make a price that fills up the venue 100% vs money. A good example is MSG, the world's most famous venue - The Garden. First time they played it after the "old" days was in 1998. Then the top price was $300 on a few excellent seats on the floor. May be 1 out of 20 tickets. Then the next time the $300 price level was moved into the sides and wider. May be 20% of the tickets. Then I think last time it was may be 1/3 of the venue. In 2006 I am sure they will ask for $400 for the floor and may be 50% of the rest of MSG. That is how it works. Don't blame it on the Stones. Blame it on nthe fans. The fans are willing to pay that much. And if the Stones don't take that money, the scalpers will take it.

For the stadiums it will be the same. Seated areas with a good view hight price. Then higher levels like 200's and 300's lower price but still above $100 I am sure. So start saving up folks. One beer less every day until they play MSG will pay off for sure! You will be on the floor and experiencing Keith at his best, plus the rest of the band at their best, playing their new 2005 mix of a grate song similar to "Might As Well Get Juiced" or "Out Of Control", or totally different!

Bjornulf

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 3, 2009 01:38

The more I think about it, the more I'd likely pass on the next tour if they don't shake it up. I'm not forking out that kind of dough for the Stones again if it is going to be Voodoo Lounge Part 6.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: January 3, 2009 02:11

How do i think its going to look?
WTF!! umm, the same as the last five tours!
the big spectacle
the big business
the big band . . .

whatever, i would like to see the almost complete opposite of the crap shows they have put on in the last decade.
I would like to see them do arenas. Piano and sax, thats it. And my prayer to the almighty lord is that Jagger simply stands at the microphone and sings, thats it man, just sing, ok, ok, do a couple dance moves but leave the damn mike on its stand!! How is it possible for a front man to move so much more in his later years than in his younger. I love the stage presence of jagger up until '75. Then somehow he started to do this theatrical dance crap.

oh man, sorry, alright, just had to get that off my chest, i'm ok.

Date: January 3, 2009 02:16

NorthShoreBlues2
How is it possible for a front man to move so much more in his later years than in his younger.

Easy. All you have to do is take it easy on the voice; sing-speak the vocals thought your nose without letting pesky little things like passion or enunciation to get in the way. If songs like Rocks Off require power? Pfff. Just drop it down an octave. Who cares, right?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 3, 2009 02:18

Wow. Old thread eh? But...

...what new tour? There isn't one.

Date: January 3, 2009 02:20

Oh come on now, don't you know that if enough people concede to something here it manifests itself to be true?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 3, 2009 02:22

It's the second day of a new year - and not a year there is a Stones tour. I'm having trouble thinking about it so consider me the monkey in the machine ha ha!

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: January 3, 2009 02:24

what next tour.

the stones havent done anything for over 16 months.

surely by now they could have spent some time playing thier instruments to inspire themselves into figuring out when they are likely to want to start recording an album.

yet theres been no word.

any chance of an anouncement soon boys.

Date: January 3, 2009 02:28

Maybe they're finished.

A bidyuh-bidyuh-bidyuh-bidyuh-that's all folks.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: January 3, 2009 02:42

jamesfdouglas
The more I think about it, the more I'd likely pass on the next tour if they don't shake it up. I'm not forking out that kind of dough for the Stones again if it is going to be Voodoo Lounge Part 6.

part 6, so good dude, you got me laughing out loud here . . .

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 3, 2009 03:27

jamesfdouglas

A 24-song 135 min set with more than half the set different than the previous tour? I think I would love something similiar to the Voodoo Lounge tour.

To tell you the truth, I don't really care what they play. I am actually more interested in performance quality than material right now. If they can still pull it off, great. If they are going to play Satisfaction, I want them to really nail it, not just sleepwalk through some half assed version.

Not that it matters, my days of spending a significant amount of cash just for a rock n roll concert are long over. I can get plenty of satisfaction from people who take pride in their work for a lot less money. Not to say I won't be seeing the Stones again, just that it will be on my terms, not theirs.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 3, 2009 03:44

I am enjoying seeing a lot of great blues bands and upcoming akternative bands working hard and playing their hearts out for $20 or less most nights...and loving it. Bands that play with passion like the Stones once had. Now they are more Vegas and spectacle than anything about passion.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 3, 2009 03:46

I would think Mick is too egotistical to allow for fans to be in the same room with him and watch him perform for anything less than $450 a ticket.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 3, 2009 05:05

wee bobby lennox
what next tour.

the stones havent done anything for over 16 months.

other than count shite loads of money and travel to and from all the houses they have and live high on the hog without a worry in the world, then yes i agree they have done nothing

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 3, 2009 05:29

I may pass if its the same old same old for a crap load of $$$. They need to do something different.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 3, 2009 05:34

yes but its been this way since 89, why would they change, they know they dont have to

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 3, 2009 05:35

skipstone
Wow. Old thread eh? But...

...what new tour? There isn't one.

Yeah,their is diggin up old threads...And then their is digging up 4 yr old threads...eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-03 05:36 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: January 3, 2009 05:46

The spectacle has overshadowed the music. The only way back is to strip down the band.

Vocal
Guitars
Bass
Drums
Keyboard
Sax
background singer

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1263
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home