Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: OT Scary or Funny Halloween Movies?
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 2, 2012 05:14

Freaks is a classic, and very creepy. I love the ending.
Another one, that doesn't often get mentioned is "M" with a young Peter Lorrie, in one of his first roles. It is in German, but worth seeking out, if not for the ending "court" scene where the director used real gangsters.

Another classic, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. A fantastic impressionistic noir horror film from UFA studios (pre Nazis). A very important film that inspired a lot of Hollywood Directors.

The remake of Nosfuratu the Vampire, Directed by Herzog, with Klaus Kinski. Very well done and very creepy. The Rat scene alone is worth the price of admission.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 2, 2012 12:46

This one's for the boys...

Posted by: cookwazzahoe ()
Date: November 2, 2012 16:05

Two words:

COUNT FLOYD!!!!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 2, 2012 20:46

latebloomer

LB, I like your style, I wanna party with you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-02 21:57 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 2, 2012 22:57

Max'sKansasCity
latebloomer

Goodness Max, I hope you don't think one of these ladies is me?? I guess I should have made that clear - this was on a film site, it doesn't identify the happy guitar monsters. But, I'm glad it cheered you up. smiling smiley

Date: November 2, 2012 23:19

latebloomer
Max'sKansasCity
latebloomer

Goodness Max, I hope you don't think one of these ladies is me?? I guess I should have made that clear - this was on a film site, it doesn't identify the happy guitar monsters. But, I'm glad it cheered you up. smiling smiley

Yes.... I knew these (probably) were not pictures of you...
but still I WANNA PARTY WITH YOU (btw- that is a classic movie line from "Stripes")

Posted by: GimmieChris ()
Date: November 3, 2012 17:38

I always liked Kolchak the Night Stalker,the series ran from 1974-75,and the creator of the X-files was a big fan of this show.Does anyone here remember this show?

Date: November 4, 2012 05:18

GimmieChris
I always liked Kolchak the Night Stalker,the series ran from 1974-75,and the creator of the X-files was a big fan of this show.Does anyone here remember this show?
Good one GimmieChristhumbs up

Kolchak was a GREAT ole scary show... we had a good discusion about this in some thread somewhere.. stonesnow even found some full episodes from Night Stalker on youtube... it is fun to see the similar things about X-files and Night Stalker.

This is another great post of many GREAT posts/suggestions and posts in this threadthumbs up

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 4, 2012 05:30

Max'sKansasCity
GimmieChris
Good one GimmieChristhumbs up

Kolchak was a GREAT ole scary show... we had a good discusion about this in some thread somewhere.. stonesnow even found some full episodes from Night Stalker on youtube... it is fun to see the similar things about X-files and Night Stalker.

This is another great post of many GREAT posts/suggestions and posts in this threadthumbs up

Date: November 4, 2012 05:35

Date: November 4, 2012 05:36

This was the first episode in the series, based on Jack The Ripper.

Date: November 4, 2012 05:39

This episode takes its storyline from the original 1971 pilot movie The Night Stalker and traces the rise of one of the vampire's victims in this TV sequel.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 4, 2012 05:39

Kolchak was classic! I will never forget being glued to each new episode, wondering what cool story and creature there would be. I think I read somewhere Chris Carter, XFILES, said that was a big in influence on him.

The full length TV film, Kolchak The Night Stalker, was classic. And truly creepy with its realism and 70's grit. The guy who played the vampire was fantastic as well! Simon Oakland, Kolchak's boss was also fantastic! He was a regular on a lot of TV in the 70's, he played a sleazy Private Dic on Rockford Files as well.

Date: November 4, 2012 05:40

Date: November 4, 2012 05:47

stonesnow
thumbs up

whitem8
thumbs up

Id add more, but you good men said it all. cool smiley

Date: November 4, 2012 05:55

Speaking of the X-Files having been influenced by the Kolchak Night Stalker series, here is an episode that deals with UFOs/extraterrestials who have an appetite for such things as lead ingots, electrical appliances, animal and human bone marrow....

Date: November 4, 2012 06:01

One of the most hilarious things about the Kolchak: The Night Stalker series was Kolchak's interaction with police at crime scenes. With the aid of a police radio in his car, he was always the first reporter to arrive at a crime scene, and in this episode watch how at 9:40 Kolchak inserts himself right in the thick of a police rush on the monster [played by Richard Kiel].

Date: November 4, 2012 06:10

The Spanish Moss Murders is another standout episode from the Kolchak Night Stalker series with Richard Kiel as the bayou monster. You have to wonder whether Wes Craven was influenced by this episode, as this monster was created from the dreamscape of a sleep research laboratory subject. Classic actor Keenan Wynn guest stars as does Severn Darden as the sleep researcher.

Date: November 4, 2012 06:18

Chopper was the first script that Robert Zemeckis sold in Hollywood. Jim Backus has a cameo as a motorcycle salesman.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1127
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home