Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Third Night at the 02?
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: October 25, 2012 10:39

Under serious consideration by the band

Re: Third Night at the 02?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 25, 2012 10:54

johnnythunders
Under serious consideration by the band

WOW .............. BRILLIANT NEWS !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: October 25, 2012 11:03

They haven't sold out the other dates yet!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 25, 2012 11:06

TomGreen

Viagogo buys the tickets - then it is sold-out ;o)

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 25, 2012 11:16

mtaylor
TomGreen

Viagogo doesn't have to buy the tickets - they get an allocation which never appears on Ticketmaster at all.

I may be doing the Stones an injustice here - but this is certainly what happens with Viagogo and many other artists. And Viagogo will certainly have their own people buying up TM tickets for them too.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 25, 2012 11:18

TomGreen

True, but they added a third night in 2007 "due to overwhelming demand" and in fact it was clear to all who were there that the first two nights were 90% capacity, 95% max. Oddly enough the extra date did look truly full.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: October 25, 2012 11:23

The first date possible at O2 arena is 10 december.
There is "Spirit Of London Awards", but there are not ticket to buy...very strange
But 13 play in America...
[www.theo2.co.uk]
Sici

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 25, 2012 11:35

Looks like 27th November and 7th December are free.7th is most likely I guess if it does happen. eye popping smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 25, 2012 11:40

Green Lady
mtaylor
TomGreen

Viagogo doesn't have to buy the tickets - they get an allocation which never appears on Ticketmaster at all.

I may be doing the Stones an injustice here - but this is certainly what happens with Viagogo and many other artists. And Viagogo will certainly have their own people buying up TM tickets for them too.

There are still enough tickets on Ticketmaster and/or all third party sales agents like viagogo etc. Also seatwave offers hundreds of tickets for both nights. I might be wrong, but to announce a third night in such a short notice with such high ticket prices is not what I believe.

Date: October 25, 2012 11:54

Green Lady
mtaylor
TomGreen

<<< Viagogo doesn't have to buy the tickets - they get an allocation which never appears on Ticketmaster at all >>>

True

<<< And Viagogo will certainly have their own people buying up TM tickets for them too >>>

Also true

Date: October 25, 2012 12:00

Personally, I hope they do a third night at the O2, don't give a s**t about whether it or the other two shows end up being 100% sold out, 95% sold, 90% sold ... or whatever.

I just love to see this band live, and my only real wish in this respect is that the whole ticket buying business was simpler, fairer, more transparent, devoid of the idiots that scalp and ask thousands of £s or $s for tickets, and just altogether less traumatic.

I'm therefore keeping my eyes peeled and ears open for news of a third O2 gig ........

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:04

I hope the tickets are much cheaper for the third night.

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:07

The difference this time is ticket prices have more than doubled. In fact for seats you paid £80 for in 2007 are priced at £326 this time.

Epic fail by Branson and the place will only be about 70% full each night unless there's a massive collapse in prices on reselling sites as the event nears.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:46

I am sure and confident that there will be tickets availabe at lower prices even in better seats. As the print out of the ticket is done only shortly before purchasing and/or in some weeks ahead they can even sell tickets half the price at the same block to your neighbour while you do not realize having paid more than double because you couldn't wait.
Just wait and take the bite at last chance. For UK people this is easy. But coming by plane you have to get organised and flight tickets may go up so badly that it does not equal then a lower ticket price at the end.

Date: October 25, 2012 13:12

May be (who knows....) the price tickes will plummet few hours before the gig begins. Some people who have paid more than 1000 would be sitting next to someone who has paid....60 or 100. If 1000 payers became aware of that Jagger would have to do a massive effort to keep them amused and take the frustration of their minds...grinning smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:06

TomGreen
The difference this time is ticket prices have more than doubled. In fact for seats you paid £80 for in 2007 are priced at £326 this time.

Epic fail by Branson and the place will only be about 70% full each night unless there's a massive collapse in prices on reselling sites as the event nears.

Branson has the money back on his investment. The tickets are more or less sold - ie, people have bought them, even if theyre not the people who are going to the shows.

Epic success financially, although a kick in the nuts for the credibility of his 'man of the people' image.

Its no longer his or the Stones' problem to fill the arena. Thats between scalpers/brokers and fans and is now down to who's going to bite first.

I dont think they'll add a third night. Despite the widespread disgruntlement, there are only so many people willing to pay £400 for a shit ticket. And most of those have already done so and its a lot to ask for them to do it again.

If they had wanted to play the 27th, I reckon they'd have announced it as one of the two dates at the time and added a third (29th) later if they needed to.

Its far more likely that there'll be a club show in London in the next month instead of a third 02 show being added.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 14:10 by Gazza.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:09

Grison
Green Lady
mtaylor
TomGreen

There are still enough tickets on Ticketmaster and/or all third party sales agents like viagogo etc. Also seatwave offers hundreds of tickets for both nights. I might be wrong, but to announce a third night in such a short notice with such high ticket prices is not what I believe.

Hopefully Viagogo has enough people to give free tickets - else there will be lots empty seats yawning smiley)) or "plastic people" on the seats with clapping sound...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:13

rebelrebel
TomGreen

True, but they added a third night in 2007 "due to overwhelming demand" and in fact it was clear to all who were there that the first two nights were 90% capacity, 95% max. Oddly enough the extra date did look truly full.

Maybe because the scalping agencies had already got left with more tickets than they could get rid of at their markup prices and didn't buy many more, so that a bigger percentage of the new tickets actually got bought by people intending to go to the gig. Would be nice to see the same happen this time round.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2388
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home