Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A little Help for the Newark gig
Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: October 25, 2012 03:21

Just bought two tickets for me a my better half to the Newark gig in Dec.

Anyone on here that can give ny kind of advice getting there would be much appreciated such as travel getting to the venue n such like.

Looking into flights i assume I wanna head to New York

ta

Re: A little Help for the Newark gig
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 25, 2012 03:28

Well, where are you coming from? You could take the train.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: October 25, 2012 03:35

Oh Yeah. Good @#$%& point. Haahaaa

Coming from UK, into New York.

Last Time I was the was for Voodoo Lounge. Landed in New York. n got the train to Giants Stadium in Jersey.

Whats the deal with Newark. Is it like a seperate city. N should I head therefor a few days for the gig or stay in newyork n travel to the venue.

Anyideas or help would be all good ta

Posted by: fredlynn19 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 04:04

coming from Massachusetts. Any info would help. Shoudl I get a cheap hotel room in Newark? I dont want to drive back home.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: October 25, 2012 04:08

well, yer gonna wanna take a left at the first light, head north for 3 blocks, if you pass the piggly wiggly u went too far, turn right at the library, go thru 3 stoplights, make a u-ey at the waterfall, and follow the signs to the stadium. U shouldn't have any trouble. and don't forget your GPS.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 25, 2012 04:19

riverrat
well, yer gonna wanna take a left at the first light, head north for 3 blocks, if you pass the piggly wiggly u went too far, turn right at the library, go thru 3 stoplights, make a u-ey at the waterfall, and follow the signs to the stadium. U shouldn't have any trouble. and don't forget your GPS.

You forgot to add that you have to bypass the Lincoln Tunnel. I actually ended up in Newark by missing the Lincoln Tunnel exit to NYC. Me and my daughter driving around Newark at night for half an hour nervously looking for a way back to the Jersey Turnpike. Finally pulled into a 7-11 where there were a few cops we could ask. They looked at us like we were two dumb broads, as they say in Jersey, but they did give us directions. It didn't look like the safest area, so I'd find a hotel close by.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: October 25, 2012 04:28

You could stay in Manhattan in a reasonably priced hotel and take the train to the show out of Penn Station.I am not sure of the time on the train to Newark but it cannot be more than 20 minutes or so. Here is a link for more information:
[www.prucenter.com]

Posted by: indystone ()
Date: October 25, 2012 04:28

No reason to stay in Newark. Travel is easy between N.Y. Penn Station and Newark Penn Station. 5 minute walk to the Pru. Cen. I know Manhattan hotels are pricey, and Newark hotels aren't but I wouldn't spend more than one night in Newark. Try Long Island City hotels. Much cheaper and one or two stops on the subway into Manhattan. Good Luck! Travel safe!

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: October 25, 2012 04:34

There is a Hilton in Newark across the street from Penn station. The venue is only a few blocks from there. This way no matter where you fly into. Only a short walk and or train anywhere you want to go.

The Hilton still had rooms for the weekend early this week.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 25, 2012 04:40

you can fly to Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 04:42 by schillid.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: October 25, 2012 04:41

EWR

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 25, 2012 04:41

right
will fix that

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 05:06

Stay in NYC and take a train to Newark. It's easy...

Christmas will be in full swing in NYC so take it all in.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: October 25, 2012 06:09

Take a ship across the Atlantic. Sell your tickets for a MORE insane amount. Stay in a posh hotel in NY. Watch the concert on PPV.... Or not...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1530
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home