Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bill Wyman VOX Teardrop-Bass on Ebay
Posted by: witterings ()
Date: October 24, 2012 23:04

LINK:Ebay.....

It`s nice to be here, .....

Re: Bill Wyman VOX Teardrop-Bass on Ebay
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 24, 2012 23:10

Well.. it's not this one.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 24, 2012 23:15

Maybe it's the one on the left in the bottom picture on this page: [www.voxguitar.net]

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 24, 2012 23:18

The difference is as easy as telling the difference from black and white. The e-bay guitar has black pick-ups, and the one pictured with Bill Wyman obviously has white pick-ups. So in that sense the thread title is correct in stating that is is a Bill Wyman [type] VOX bass, but would have been incorrect had it said Bill Wyman's VOX....

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 24, 2012 23:23

stonesnow
The difference is as easy as telling the difference from black and white. The e-bay guitar has black pick-ups, and the one pictured with Bill Wyman obviously has white pick-ups. So in that sense the thread title is correct in stating that is is a Bill Wyman [type] VOX bass, but would have been incorrect had it said Bill Wyman's VOX....

Read the ebay description.

Dave Dee did a deal with Bill for this bass...

Whatever that means.

Date: October 25, 2012 02:33

GravityBoy
stonesnow

Read the ebay description.

Dave Dee did a deal with Bill for this bass...

Whatever that means.

Oh, that Dave Dee. Well, it still remains that the pick-ups on the guitar Bill is holding in the photo you posted are white and the one pictured on e-bay has black pick-ups. Maybe Bill had more than one VOX bass? Is there a photo of him holding a VOX bass with black pick-ups? With all due respect to Dave Dee, I think it should come with a certificate signed by Bill Wyman.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 25, 2012 02:46

See this VOX link above. It lists a Bill Wyman 1966 bass which looks a lot like the one on eBay. Question still remains if Bill ever used it, or just endorsed his name. The guy on eBay says that Wyman was a previous owner.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 25, 2012 02:55

Is this really Bill's? I would buy it if it is, but I would have to be sure.

Date: October 25, 2012 03:00

Koen
See this VOX link above. It lists a Bill Wyman 1966 bass which looks a lot like the one on eBay. Question still remains if Bill ever used it, or just endorsed his name. The guy on eBay says that Wyman was a previous owner.

Yes, there are 2 guitars in the bottom photo, one with white pick-ups and one with black pick-ups. It says "Wyman bass" though, and not "Wyman's bass". I dunno, not that I would have the cash for such a sale, but it would be better if it were certified by Wyman himself. Also, the person doing the sale has to do is write a letter or email to the man himself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home