Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Who got any of the "cheap" tickets?
Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: October 23, 2012 15:26

So who here managed to get any of the cheap tickets for Newark? The $95 and $150 ones? And where are they located? Behind the stage, in the lobby...?
I really would like to go see them on Dec. 15th but I am absolutely not paying more than $150 for what amounts to just being happy to be in the house with them. If there would be any reasonably good seats at $250 I would think about it but probably pass.
So did any of you get the cheap tickets?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-23 15:41 by ohotos.

Re: Who got any of the cheap tickets?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 23, 2012 15:37

ohotos
So who here managed to get any of the cheap tickets for Newark? The $95 and $150 ones? And where are they located? Behind the stage, in the lobby...?
I really would like to go see them on Dec. 15th but I am absolutely not paying more than $150 for what amounts to just being happy to be in the house with them. If there would be any reasonably good seats at $250 I would think about it but probably pass.
So did any of you get the cheap tickets?

For the O2 show on the 25th I got a pair in block 113 row S, which is not particularly great, but not particularly bad either I suppose. At least it's at the right "end" of the venue, and not up in the f***ing gods !! The most pleasant surprise when I went to buy them was that they were not in the most expensive price category, bad enough though ........... £246 each. The ticket I have in block 112 for the 29th is a full price job though, £406.

I wouldn't exactly call £246 cheap though ..........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Who got any of the "cheap" tickets?
Date: October 23, 2012 16:45

Ticketmaster in now showing everything under $750 as unavailable (for the 15th). Were they ever available to begin with?

Posted by: Otis212 ()
Date: October 23, 2012 18:44

I fully expected to get shut out of the Newark show. However, I tried the AMEX presale on ticketmaster for the Sat Dec 15th show and selected 4 tickets at $172 each. I got right through and it said wait time 1 minute. About 30 seconds later I had 4 tickets in Sec 231. Nosebleeds, but at least they have a good full view of the stage. So, yes it was possible to pull cheap seats and for the first time in a long time, I actually got lucky through ticketmaster. And better yet, you won't see these tickets on StubHub or some other resale site, as they are being used by real fans who are thrilled they got so lucky!

Date: October 23, 2012 18:54

Otis212
I fully expected to get shut out of the Newark show. However, I tried the AMEX presale on ticketmaster for the Sat Dec 15th show and selected 4 tickets at $172 each. I got right through and it said wait time 1 minute. About 30 seconds later I had 4 tickets in Sec 231. Nosebleeds, but at least they have a good full view of the stage. So, yes it was possible to pull cheap seats and for the first time in a long time, I actually got lucky through ticketmaster. And better yet, you won't see these tickets on StubHub or some other resale site, as they are being used by real fans who are thrilled they got so lucky!

Wow, you really got lucky. Good for you! I will keep trying during the general sale. I just went through my old emails and found out that I paid 70 Euros for a GA (front of stage) ticket to the Stones in 2006 in Barcelona... unfortunately I couldn't attend as the date was pushed back due to Keith's palm tree stunt. I would love to see them one more time but refuse to use money that I need to support my family, so about $200 is my max.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 23, 2012 20:21

I paid $35 back in '81 for mid level seat in MSG and THAT was considered expensive at the time!

In '89, i paid $90 for fifth row on the field at Shea;

in '07, $50 for the Beacon; and

Now, I am bummed out that i couldn't get last row tickets for $172.

Who'd a thunk it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home