Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Pre-Sale Vs Sale
Date: October 22, 2012 19:23

Do tickets go on sale anymore? Do you actually pay for tickets in pre-sale? Wouldn't that be...a or on sale?

I don't understand. I thought you could only get tickets when they go on sale, as in purchase because they are for sale, not before they go on sale.

Is it reserving tickets to buy when they go on sale? How can a show sell out if it's only pre-sale and the tickets haven't gone on sale yet or have been purchased?

What happened to buying tickets when they went on sale?

Re: Pre-Sale Vs Sale
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:09

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
What happened to buying tickets when they went on sale?

That's sooooooo yesterday.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:26

There is a small(ish) allotment of tickets for the Pre-Sale. There's no way to know how many are still left for the actual sale.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 23, 2012 02:08

Pre-sale is something like foreplay ... because you're about to get f*cked.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 23, 2012 02:49

There was/is a huge uproar in Vancouver/ Edmonton when McCartney tickets went on sale and sold out instantly. Lots of people complaining about Ticketmaster. In an article last week about this, I read that in Lousville, a recent Justin Bieber concert had 14000 tickets, yet only 9% were available to the public!?! With things like fan club presales, Amex Front Of The Line, Radio/ Tv Promotional, LiveNation presales, etc., alot of times the general public are screwed.
Lots of theories, too, that Ticketmaster withholds alot of tickets and then resells them on their resale website.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 23, 2012 02:51

DGA35
There was/is a huge uproar in Vancouver/ Edmonton when McCartney tickets went on sale and sold out instantly. Lots of people complaining about Ticketmaster. In an article last week about this, I read that in Lousville, a recent Justin Bieber concert had 14000 tickets, yet only 9% were available to the public!?! With things like fan club presales, Amex Front Of The Line, Radio/ Tv Promotional, LiveNation presales, etc., alot of times the general public are screwed.
Lots of theories, too, that Ticketmaster withholds alot of tickets and then resells them on their resale website.

If I hadn't gotten floor seats too McCartney, I'd really be bitchin' right now too!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 23, 2012 04:32

Lucky traclebastard!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: October 23, 2012 09:36

schillid

LOLSssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Date: October 23, 2012 09:42

jamesfdouglas
Lucky traclebastard!

you must mean treaclebastard.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 23, 2012 09:43

I think the Pre-sale concept would have slotted very nicely into Alice in Wonderland.

Marketing people.. come the revolution...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 23, 2012 10:11

Pre-sale is just a nice sales tool working on emotion: when you enter a pre-sale you have the notion that you are special, and that this special opportunity is not to miss. Hence, you will pay more for a product, or buy more products.

In this case, the tickets in a pre-sale can be sold more expensive than in normal sale. There is no limit on amount of tickets in the pre-sale.

Mathijs

Date: October 23, 2012 20:36

What would be even better than a pre-sale would be a pre-pre-sale.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 23, 2012 20:44

schillid
What would be even better than a pre-sale would be a pre-pre-sale.
Dont forget the post-post-sale.

Of course, using the term "sale" very loosely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 00:57 by Max'sKansasCity.

Pre-Sale Vs Sale
Posted by: stoneskris ()
Date: October 23, 2012 21:11

Question: What is the password to buy tickets at the pre-sale ?

Please let me know,

Kris

Date: October 23, 2012 21:55

BOHICA*

* Bend over, here it comes again

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: October 23, 2012 22:55

Fact, venues, ie The Prudential Center, sell tickets to brokers before the sale of any public tickets. Actual tickets are not in hand of brokers, but sections, rows, and seats are designated to the scalpers(brokers) in advance. So it's not always ticketmaster selling their own tickets to brokers, but the venue itself for an additional profit.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 23, 2012 23:02

treaclefingers
If I hadn't gotten floor seats too McCartney, I'd really be bitchin' right now too!

nice! Did you actually get 2 seats together. We had 3 machines going right when they went in sale and could only find singles, no pairs anywhere.

Date: October 24, 2012 00:37

georgeV
treaclefingers

nice! Did you actually get 2 seats together. We had 3 machines going right when they went in sale and could only find singles, no pairs anywhere.

I did get them together for the Vancouver show Nov. 25. I got them during the presale. I even went back in and was able to find a second pair...it sold out relatively quickly though.

I tried to get seats when the general sale started and that was impossible.

Did you try during the amex presale, or for the general?

As much as I don't like the corporate monopolization of this stuff in principle, I have to say I have benefitted with really excellent tickets through the last 10 or so years. That's why my whining has been somewhat muted.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 24, 2012 00:39

schillid

>grinning smiley<

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1554
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home