Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: "Nose Bleed" Seats; Are They Still Enjoyable Once You've Been Spoiled By Having Had Front Row?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 21, 2012 00:18

Some of the most enjoyable concerts I've ever attended, I saw from the "nose bleeds." For the most part, however, those concerts were also among the first concerts I ever attended, back when I was just happy to be in the same building as my heroes. Now, if I sit in the nose bleeds, I feel like I'm not even at the event, like I'm just watching other people watching the show. This is a real problem for me, because nose bleeds are pretty much all I can afford any more.

How 'bout you?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-21 19:10 by tatters.

Re: OT: "Nose Bleed" Seats; Are They Still Enjoyable Once You've Been Spoiled By Having Had Front Row?
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 21, 2012 00:20

No threads that starts with a post with the single word "discuss" has ever taken off

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-21 00:21 by Erik_Snow.

Re: OT: "Nose Bleed" Seats; Are They Still Enjoyable Once You've Been Spoiled By Having Had Front Row?
Date: October 21, 2012 00:22

Erik_Snow
No threads that starts with a post with the single word "discuss" has ever taken off

That's why I changed it. Thanks for the advice, though.

Date: October 21, 2012 00:31

Of course, it doesn't cost anything to put your ear to the wall and like a distant scream hear one guitar just blow you away!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-21 00:37 by tatters.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 21, 2012 00:33

tatters
Some of the most enjoyable concerts I've ever attended, I saw from the "nose bleeds." For the most part, however, those concerts were also among the first concerts I ever attended, where I was just happy to be in the same building as my heroes. Now if I sit in the nose bleeds, I feel like I'm not even at the event, like I'm just watching other people watching the show. This is a real problem for me, because nose bleeds are pretty much all I can afford any more.

How 'bout you?

and you didn't even mention anything about all the blood and stuff....

Date: October 21, 2012 00:35

tatters
Of course, it doesn't cost anything to put your ear to the wall and like a distant scream hear one guitar just blow you away!

Kinda looks like a young MT. The guy with the guitar, I mean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-21 00:38 by tatters.

Date: October 21, 2012 02:19

If money were no object of course I would prefer that every Stones show I attended would be front row. Of course I will always get front row if I can get them for face ($99 stadiums or $350-$450 for some arenas). As much as I dislike it money is definitely a factor.However, in order to attend more shows per tour I will mix it up and get cheap seats for some venues. On the ABB tour I got the cheapests $60 tickets for Baltimore arena and sat way up in the rafters. The crowd was great up there dancing and singing to the Stones, the Stones were on fire, great sound and even the view was pretty decent. No way was it better than front row but as value is concerned it absolutely blew away what I would have had to pay a scalper (which I won't) for front row. Front row really is a whole differant world but as long as I enjoy the show, for me, that's all that really matters...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-21 02:24 by its good to be anywhere.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 21, 2012 02:39

Can you go back to holding hands after f**king?

Date: October 21, 2012 02:39

No

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 21, 2012 03:09

Nose bleed seats aren't the best. What i don't understand is why people buy lawn seats in outdoor venues "because its a party scene". DON'T YOU WANT TO WATCH AND LISTEN TO THE BAND? Stay home.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 21, 2012 03:32

I only once did in a Rolling Stones show. Felt like being a total outsider, and thinking like I would hear and see it better watching it from a DVD at home. Also forced to sit down, and having a seat on the pitch (is that the word for the field in stadiums?) is a nightmare to me. And it kills the atmosphere as well, and makes me feel I follow some cabaret or something.

I guess I am a bit old-fashionable in that sense.

- Doxa

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 21, 2012 04:28

In my opinion, being in the nosebleeds is better than not being there at all. I think it was in 1990, I was in the top row of the Tokyo Dome, and it was still better than sitting at home watching TV.

Date: October 21, 2012 05:12

Having been very close to the front row for a concert (not the Stones) and also having been elsewhere, I'm of mind that being back a little ways is better. You can hear better, for one, and you can see better, regardless of video etc.

Being far away though, I dunno. It sounds awful but it is hilarious.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 21, 2012 08:59

These are the ultimate nose bleed seats. "Brown Sugar" from San Francisco. I think I'd rather be closer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-21 09:00 by drbryant.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: October 21, 2012 09:12

They can be. Much easier to misbehave with less security, and less pressure being out of site of the band.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 21, 2012 09:25

Anything is better than these seats

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 21, 2012 09:33

Where's that shot taken Hansie? ... A Texas bull-dust factory?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 21, 2012 09:55

Cheap onstage seats Bigger Bang Tour

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 21, 2012 10:00

...maybe they let The Dust Bros sit there .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 21, 2012 10:35

Up here in the nosebleeds you won't be stuck next to the guy who hasn't a clue who this band is but wants to boast about how much he paid to see them. You're more likely to be sitting (or probably not sitting) with the people who are glad to be here at all.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 21, 2012 11:10

tatters
Some of the most enjoyable concerts I've ever attended, I saw from the "nose bleeds." For the most part, however, those concerts were also among the first concerts I ever attended, where I was just happy to be in the same building as my heroes. Now if I sit in the nose bleeds, I feel like I'm not even at the event, like I'm just watching other people watching the show. This is a real problem for me, because nose bleeds are pretty much all I can afford any more.

How 'bout you?

To answer your question, I'll say that quite some time ago already I realised I'd reached the point that if I can't be reasonably close to the artist, I'd simply rather not attend the event. I think you do get spoiled if you been front row or front of stage or otherwise been within spitting distance of your heroes. In my case, it just makes it impossible to be anywhere than in much the same areas, nosebleeds are consequently just totally out of the question .... I'd end up feeling as if I wasn't even at the event.

What sealed my fate was being in the front row for one of the Twickenham Licks shows. There was just no going back after that. That ruined me ........... forever spoiled !! Consequently, I made a huge huge effort for the ABB shows, and generally did quite well, like first row block 101 on the left side of the stage, or row 2 middle A block down on the floor, locations like that. I simply couldn't cope with anything much worse.

That's what is making THESE forthcoming shows so difficult, because the demand for tickets is greater than ever .............

I'm looking for a pit ticket for the 25th to join two of my friends that have already got theirs, but I do have two in block 113, which I'm offering to trade as "two for one" with cash adjustment if necessary. Desperate times call for desperate measures huh ?

Maybe I should be less fussy and settle for the row X, Y or Z of the most distant 400 block ............ ?

Nah, f**t it, I'd rather stay home and watch Eastenders than do that !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: October 21, 2012 11:51

Fully agree, paulywaul. One does get spoiled. There's no way I would enjoy a £400 nosebleed, so I'm sitting these gigs out (and will no doubt be glued to posts here come gig nights). Best of luck in your endeavours to obtain a pit ticket. There's always ebay if you want to get screwed twice!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 21, 2012 11:55

Call me a spoilt brat, but I agree as well.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 21, 2012 12:03

Even if I had a £10 nosebleed,I'd rather not go.I agree with paulywaul on this.
Once you've been down the front,there's no going back..............................Consequently I have no tickets for the o2 because of this opinion !

sc uk

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 21, 2012 12:08

No. Being close up front makes you almost forget what they are playing (luckily sometimes)...I then almost enjoy hearing Brown Sugar.... So if this time I hear all the warhorses again from where I'm sitting (and how much I paid for it), I might as well go and sit at the bar

That's not what I dreamt for my 65th Rolling Stones concert... but I stopped daydreaming when the Stones are concerned

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-21 12:21 by Harm.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: October 21, 2012 12:19

With the advances in sound technology and the video screens, some shows in the nosebleeds can be quite enjoyable. While not front row, I saw the Stones at Giants Stadium in NJ in 2005 from seats in the lower tier very close to the stage and that was awesome. When they came back to NJ in 2006 I bought cheap seats at the farthest end of the stage in the highest tier. You couldn't get any farther but we were directly opposite the stage. It was still a blast. To my surprise, the sound was still very loud and crystal clear - perfect. Plus, from all the way back you get a sense of the whole vibe of the show because you can see the entire stage and experience the totality of the lighting effects and see the entire audience going nuts. When the B stage rolled out, we leaned against the railing and they were right underneath us. You could see the lines in Keith's face. At one point he looked up and I swear he looked right at me and my boys. A good time was had by all!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: October 21, 2012 13:01

I gotta agree with you guys about that nosebleeds are a no go for me as well, especially with those high prices.
Just read on Ticketmaster about the upper level seats at the O2 Arena: "PLEASE NOTE Seats located on Level 4 (Upper Tier/Upper Bowl) not recommended for those with a fear of heights"

In 2006 I had front row seats at both Twickenham shows and I was able to run all the way to the b-stage during the time they performed their set over there and then get back to my front row seat again.
Now, THOSE were the days for sure.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 21, 2012 13:15

Indeed those were the days: my pictures through the years

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: October 21, 2012 13:22

Rolling Hansie

This reminds me of my seats go ABB Twickenham gig. I complained to the promoter and got upgraded to VIP section with friends and families. The VIP bit had quite a few spare seats egress the rest of the stadium was full.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 21, 2012 13:55

teleblaster
Fully agree, paulywaul. One does get spoiled. There's no way I would enjoy a £400 nosebleed, so I'm sitting these gigs out (and will no doubt be glued to posts here come gig nights). Best of luck in your endeavours to obtain a pit ticket. There's always ebay if you want to get screwed twice!

<<< There's always ebay if you want to get screwed twice! >>>

Yes I know. Have you seen what some folk are asking on ebay ? Forget it, rules me out. I think we've all got to accept that prices are now in the low to middle hundreds to stay, like it or not. And that's just face value in this instance. But "four figures" - i.e. over £1K ??

Sorry Mick n' Keef n' Ticketmaster n' Seatwave n' Getmein n' scalpers at large ... ain't payin' it. Good luck to those that will pay it, but it won't include me.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home