Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ringo Starr Hilariously Described Rolling Stones Drummer Charlie Watts’ Style
Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: August 22, 2023 23:14

Re: Ringo Starr Hilariously Described Rolling Stones Drummer Charlie Watts’ Style
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 22, 2023 23:25

Dorn

[www.msn.com]

"Ringo didn't need to say much to hilariously and accurately describe Watts’ style on the kit:

'[He’s] the only drummer who leaves out more than I do.'

Ringo’s comment about Watts is also a self-deprecating analysis of his own drumming. At the same time, he secretly praised their timekeeping skills."

Re: Ringo Starr Hilariously Described Rolling Stones Drummer Charlie Watts’ Style
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 22, 2023 23:59

Best line is:

"Ringo Starr and The Beatles wrote sweet pop tunes when they started."

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 23, 2023 18:40

If true, the best line in the story is that Keith Moon frequently babysat for Ringo. One can only imagine considering Moon's reputation and joie de vivre.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 24, 2023 13:06

dmay
If true, the best line in the story is that Keith Moon frequently babysat for Ringo. One can only imagine considering Moon's reputation and joie de vivre.

You mean 'Uncle Ernie?'

And I thought Ringo's comment was great. That was one of Charlie's great secrets. You expected a note and it was missing. The effect was part of their sound.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 24, 2023 14:15

dmay

I highly doubt it, Ringo was born in 1940, Moon in 1946.

Date: August 24, 2023 14:22

Koen
dmay

Moon was 19 when Zak was born. I've read that it was him who gave Zak drumming lessons, and not his dad. Don't know if it's true, though smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 24, 2023 14:49

DandelionPowderman
Koen
dmay

Moon was 19 when Zak was born. I've read that it was him who gave Zak drumming lessons, and not his dad. Don't know if it's true, though smiling smiley

Correct. Moon and Ringo were big drinking buddies and hung out a lot, often horizontally winking smiley. If you google not very hard, you'll see a good few pictures of Moon with the young Zak. He bought Zak his first drum kit. Ringo seemingly wasn't keen on his son following him into drumming and apparently wanted him to be a lawyer!

And staying on topic, Charlie was a huge admirer of Moon's drumming, and was very upset at his funeral. The one thing we can say for sure is that the 3 of them were very much the right drummers for the right bands and had huge mutual respect smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-24 14:51 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 24, 2023 15:22

Maybe Ringo did try to give Zac some first lessons...

...but Zac wanted to make a lot more racket than that ! grinning smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 24, 2023 16:00

DandelionPowderman
Koen
dmay

Oh, he was babysitting Ringo’s *son*. Haha, I completely misunderstood.

Date: August 24, 2023 16:02

Koen
DandelionPowderman
Koen
dmay

Oh, he was babysitting Ringo’s *son*. Haha, I completely misunderstood.

Haha, gotcha grinning smiley

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: August 24, 2023 16:08

Sigh.

Charlie was not a minimalist.

Date: August 24, 2023 16:15

MelBelli
Sigh.

Only with the hi-hat winking smiley

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: August 24, 2023 16:16

DandelionPowderman
MelBelli
Sigh.

Ha!

But not even with the hi-hat. Listen to what he does with his left foot. Quite busy.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 24, 2023 16:19

The line:

Ringo Starr and The Beatles wrote sweet pop tunes when they started. The Rolling Stones began life as a blues cover band

Strange, didn’t they started as a cove band too??? I’m happy to confess I don’t know a lot of this beatles history spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 24, 2023 16:20

MelBelli
DandelionPowderman
MelBelli
Sigh.

Ha!

But not even with the hi-hat. Listen to what he does with his left foot. Quite busy.

thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home