Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Pay-per-view event?
Posted by: Cineplexed ()
Date: October 18, 2012 14:22

I read somewhere there will be a pay per view event for one of the Newark shows. Does anyone know details and if this will happen?

It's ceratinly more affordable option.

I've paid lots to see stones in past....but if I pay more I want better product. And I doubt that's what will show up this time round.

Re: Pay-per-view event?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 18, 2012 14:31

It'll be the 15th December show.

there are no details known yet re: prices etc.

Posted by: Cineplexed ()
Date: October 18, 2012 14:37

Thanks,

Well, this is probably the affordable option this time around unless I can get nose bleed.

I've paid the top prices on past few tours...and it saddened me to feel it wasn't totally worth it. I never thought I'd feel that way about the stones.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 18, 2012 16:07

Endemol partners with The Rolling Stones and Dainty Group for 50th Anniversary Tour
16 Oct 2012

London, Amsterdam: 15th October 2012

Endemol partners with The Rolling Stones and Dainty Group for 50th Anniversary Tour
Endemol UK and Endemol Netherlands will co-manage the international digital rights to the forthcoming “50 and Counting” tour
The partnership will see the tour’s final gig telecast internationally live via pay-per-view
Further plans to bring fans into the heart of the “50 and Counting” tour experience will be announced by Endemol soon
The tour was announced by The Rolling Stones this morning and will mark the first time the band has performed together in more than five years
Endemol, the world’s largest independent TV and digital media production company, today announced it has partnered with Rolling Stones promoters Dainty Group for the legendary rock ‘n’ roll band’s forthcoming 50th anniversary tour.

The Rolling Stones, today confirmed their long awaited return to the stage with four spectacular arena shows in London and New York. Endemol UK and Endemol Netherlands will co-manage the international digital rights to the tour alongside Dainty Group.

This partnership will see the final stop of the tour, staged at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on December 15, telecast live via pay-per-view at 9pm ET. The pay-per-view entitled “One More Shot” will be distributed by WWE, the world’s pre-eminent provider of pay-per-view programming.

Endemol and Dainty Group are also collaborating on plans that will allow fans unprecedented interaction with the “50 and Counting” tour experience, more details of which will be revealed in due course.

The collaboration with The Rolling Stones and Dainty Group is Endemol’s second international digital partnership announced in the last seven days. It follows last week’s announcement that the company is launching a line-up of new themed channels for YouTube in Germany and France following its ongoing success with more than 30 YouTube channels in Italy.

Tim Hincks, President of Endemol Group said: "We are extremely proud to be partnering with the world’s greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll band and the Dainty Group. "50 and Counting" is set to be a phenomenal global celebration of the Rolling Stones and we’ll soon be announcing further plans to make it an interactive experience for fans like no other."

Laurens Drillich, managing director Endemol Netherlands Media Group, says: “We are excited and honoured to be playing a role in the 50th anniversary of the Rolling stones. Expansion and innovation in the digital space continues to be a core part of Endemol’s strategy and this collaboration is the latest example of that. We strongly believe it is representative of where the market is heading and we look forward to revealing more soon.”

This morning Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood at last revealed their return to live work exclusively via YouTube at www.youtube.com/user/therollingstones. As the crowning glory of their on-going 50th anniversary celebrations, the rock icons will play to thousands of fans at London’s O2 Arena on November 25 and 29, and then across the ocean to perform at the Prudential Center, Newark, near New York, on December 13 and 15.

These sensational live shows will mark the first time that Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood have performed together as a band since three acclaimed nights at London’s O2 Arena, in 2007. They will treat their generations of fans in a must-see, heart-pumping celebration of era-defining tracks such as Gimme Shelter, Paint It Black, Jumping Jack Flash, Tumbling Dice, It’s Only Rock and Roll, plus a few surprises and countless other classics from GRRR!, the multi-format compilation RS50 album coming out in November marking the Stones’ astonishing five decades at the top.

All ticketing information is available at www.rollingstones.com.

© 2011 Endemol B.V. All rights reserved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-18 16:10 by schillid.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 18, 2012 16:39

Cineplexed
Thanks,

Well, this is probably the affordable option this time around unless I can get nose bleed.

I've paid the top prices on past few tours...and it saddened me to feel it wasn't totally worth it. I never thought I'd feel that way about the stones.

Hey, you can re-enact the nosebleed experience when you watch the pay-per-view broadcast from the top of a ladder.

or... if the tv-screen is too big, lay the mobile phone on the floor and watch that instead. grinning smiley

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 18, 2012 17:07

I love when it said: "the final stop of the tour". It is 4 shows. Not the shorter tour but not so far!

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 18, 2012 17:21

open-g
the nosebleed experience
LOL.

Now on Ticketmaster:
Presale
Nosebleed experience deal €600,99 (€600 ticket and €0,99 nosebleed). Includes complimentary tissue. Excludes handling fee.

Hurry!

Posted by: TatooMe ()
Date: October 18, 2012 17:40

For the USA I read the prices for the PPV will be $39.95 and $44.95 for HD.
They also mentioned DirectTV and Dish will carry it.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: October 18, 2012 17:44

aprilfool
I love when it said: "the final stop of the tour". It is 4 shows. Not the shorter tour but not so far!
Do you love it? Really?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 18, 2012 17:56

Cineplexed

you should have planned ahead better. i always knew i'd feel this way.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 18, 2012 20:03

TatooMe

not bad at all , cheaper than nosebleed and a much better seat IMO

Date: October 18, 2012 20:12

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 18, 2012 20:14

surely there must be a way to illegally watch this for free? technology for the criminally-minded has come a long way since the last ppv....

Date: October 18, 2012 21:08

StonesTod
surely there must be a way to illegally watch this for free? technology for the criminally-minded has come a long way since the last ppv....

Sure

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 18, 2012 21:11

open-g
StonesTod

Sure

GOOD ONE OPEN G!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 18, 2012 21:14

I have the company christmas party this night. I'm wondering if I order the PPV, if I'll be able to watch it when I get home or how I can DVR a PPV? IDK

Date: October 18, 2012 22:28

It might be tough or impossible to DVR a Pay-per-View event with most DVR's because,I am pretty certain that the cable companies and satellite providers encrypt the digital video signal of PPV events with copy protection which prevents recording to DVR's,especially the ones that they themselves provide.

There is a work-around,though. However,this work-around will probably limit your recording to standard definition. :

* Connect a set of analog video and analog audio cables from your cable box's ( or satellite box's ) analog video outputs and analog audio outputs & run them into a DVD recorder's ( or VCR recorder's ) analog video inputs and analog audio inputs.

* Tune the cable box or satellite box to the correct channel for the PPV event. You will probably have to order and pay for the PPV event. Make sure that you leave the Cable or satellite box turned on. Your TV set will not have to be on. Turn the DVD or VCR recorder on and program the time to record. Your DVD recorder or VCR recorder will have to have a timer function if you are not going to be home.

* Use Component video ( Y Pb Pr or Y Cb Cr ) connections if possible. The next choice for the video will be an S-Video connection. The yellow Composite video connection should be selected ONLY IF Component Video (green + blue + red) and / or S-Video are not an option with your particular equipment. For the audio,just use the standard analog white + red RCA style connections.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 18, 2012 22:39

TatooMe

Well, that's doable. Because I'm sure as hell not flying five hours to New Jersey, to NEWARK of all places. A six pack of Leffe and whatever.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:44

So, is it true that there will be a limited number of $99 General Admission seats ( not really seats, you stand in the PIT!). Does anyone know about this? Gazza, if this is true, you must have heard about it!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 19, 2012 02:30

mickschix
So, is it true that there will be a limited number of $99 General Admission seats ( not really seats, you stand in the PIT!). Does anyone know about this? Gazza, if this is true, you must have heard about it!

No. The GA ones on public sale for London are £400....same as the regular Category 1 seats.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: October 19, 2012 03:46

TatooMe

I hope they carry it on Verizon FiOS. If both Dish and DirectTV are then I'm sure FiOS will.

Date: October 19, 2012 04:03

StonesTod

Especially when you know they're going to release it on DVD/etc later.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: October 19, 2012 04:24

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
StonesTod

One of the vendors at my local monthly record swap meet (vinyl-cds-dvds) will have it on sale in January...February at the latest. Will probably cost me 15 bucks max.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 19, 2012 04:56

LOL the final gig of the "tour" will be pay-per-view. tOUR? four f-ing shows ain't no tour!

Date: October 19, 2012 13:40

J.J.Flash
LOL the final gig of the "tour" will be pay-per-view. tOUR? four f-ing shows ain't no tour!

The 2nd Irish Tour '65 comes to mind. 4 gigs in 2 days.

see Charlie is my Darling.

Date: October 19, 2012 17:36

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
StonesTod

Sure,you could save your $ 45 and wait 2 or 3 months for the DVD or Blu-ray disc but,that's not going to cut it for people who can't or don't want to wait or for people who would like to watch it live .... or on a slight delay.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2616
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home