Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

non-GRRRRR! question...
Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: October 16, 2012 04:43

sorry...this post isn't about ticket prices or GRRRRRR....all of the action today reminded me of something i've been trying to find...

i read somewhere that Ron Wood had acquired one of Brian's old guitars and pulled it out in front of Keith and Keef went haywire...i sorta want to say this happened around the Bridges To Babylon time...but i don't know for sure and all of the 'googlin' i've done sheds no light on this...

does anyone remember this or did i just get hammered and dream it as i was passed out???

thanx chums...

Re: non-GRRRRR! question...
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 16, 2012 05:23

Aside from the Vault in London's Hard Rock Cafe where the famous Vox Teardrop Mark III currently resides

who knows where Brian's guitars wound up, after Frank Thorogood and Co. absconded with a great many of Brian's possessions following his, uh, passing...

There is a website devoted to the history of Ron Wood's guitars with numerous photos:

www.slideonron.com/guitars.htm

Likely, the speculation about Ron Wood having acquired one of Brian's guitars may have stemmed from the fact that, like Brian often did in the Stones, Ron Wood plays a Gibson Firebird. Brian played different types of Gibson Firebirds, the "non-reverse" bodied type

and the "reverse" bodied type

which is very similar to the model Ron Wood plays

but is one which he has owned since his Faces days, and here is a web link devoted to this topic with photos:

www.ronniewood.com/firebird.aspx

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: October 16, 2012 05:27

hey thanks for this pal!!!....man i swear i read somewhere about that incident...something like Ronnie pulling it out like 'hey look what i got!'...and Keith went bonkers and told him to put it away...

who knows...like i said...i coulda read that article in a dream.....

thanks for putting that together

CT

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 16, 2012 05:34

My pleasure, CT! I'm now more knowledgeable on the subject of Gibson guitars for my research, so thanks for your original inquiry.

I pulled 2 of the photos from a really informative site on Gibson Firebird guitars, which also has great photos of Clapton and a couple more of Brian:

psychedelic-rocknroll.blogspot.com/2009/03/gibson-firebird-reverse-no-explorer-les.html

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1454
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home