Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Save your money - wait for the real tour
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 16, 2012 19:42

exhpart
Yes but...I think I've lost interest in 'em!
Saw the band Vintage Trouble last year in a bar called Favaela Chic in East London for 5 GBP and they were fantastic Yes 5 GBP and the booking fee was nada.

I go to several shows like this a week. I don't think I could ever go back to blowing my whole entertainment budget on just a few shows a year.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: October 16, 2012 19:45

i just don't think there will be a tour...after these 4 shows and the excitement has worn off after XMAS why should they??...it wouldn't be 'because of the fans"

by 2013 there won't be any new product to promote...it's not looking like they have the desire to go back and record an LP to promote...it just seems like they are fizzling out and just trying to do something to save face because noone really thought they were up to it...and trying to make as much money as they can while the iron is hot...

everyone at the Mott The Hoople reunion shows in 2009 thought 'oh they will go to the US next'....but once they did it...they had no desire to do it anymore...and i'm afraid this is how this is going to go...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:36

andrewt
Dan
We don't know that there will be a tour.

When these 4 shows are done... then what about another 4 shows a few months down the line at the same prices?

I think there will be more than that but by no means a mega "Bigger Bang" deal.
Expect additional rehearsals ahead of each mini-run.
And maybe that $750 ticket will come down to the low low price of $450eye rolling smiley

I think you're right on the pricing. I have no idea how they come up with the prices. I paid $450 for row 20 floor seats Keith side for Toronto and $375 for Row 12 on the floor, Keith side, in Vancouver

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home