Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Keith Richards : '£16m sounds about right to us'
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 18, 2012 21:43

GumbootCloggeroo
The Wick
GumbootCloggeroo
The Wick
Also, isn't this the guy who tore Mick apart for the knighthood because he was trying to protecting the Stones rebellious legacy? Very rebellious of him with Timberfake up there.
Timberlake's appearance with The Stones happened years ago. GET OVER IT!

So anything that happens years ago should be forgotten right? Interesting approach. "Get over it" is one of those expressions that when you look beyond the words doesn't mean much. I have noticed though that it's often substituted for people being embarrassed by something and not wanting to be reminded of it. Come on son, admit it, you were pretty embarrassed when you found out.
I was at Sarstock and I wasn't embarrassed when Timberlake played with The Stones. I was embarrassed to be a Torontonian that day because of the stupid people in the audience throwing bottles at him. That was ridiculous. I quite enjoyed Timberlake's set, to be honest with you. I was surprised. I thought he was going to come out and dance around chairs and do silly N'Sync songs but his set was rather funky. He's got talent. As for his appearance with The Stones, so what? Kudos to them for thinking outside the box. And yes, if you're still upset or whatever by Timberlake's appearance then my advice for you again is, get over it! Are you seriously still holding a grudge all these years? Timberlake played one song with them. It's not like he murdered Keith and I'm asking you to get over it. It was just one song! Geez.

Yes, the animosity was ridiculous and embarrassing. I don't think anyone is legitimately holding a grudge now. They're just tryin' a be cool.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:04

Why take 12 if someone is offering you 16 ?

Posted by: salty ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:15

This debacle reminds me of that scathing song by the Clash about "turning rebellion into money".

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:56

This is nothing new... Keith has basically given us this line for years. I just need enough to buy guitar strings and keep the band going.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: November 27, 2012 22:06

This is the same Keith that REVELLED in being paid ridiculous amounts of $$ attendant to the Bridges and Licks tours for spending 3 minutes in a back-stage tent room with your-sponsor VIPs only to walk out and gloat about how easy it was to make the killing. This might have been in the Davis book.

Seriously, does anyone on this board think that any of these band members have had any real connection with reality since 1964? Just look at their concert riders to see how pampered and spoiled they require themselves to be.

Some called Keith the evil Stone back in the early 70s. Good argument that such is more the case now than back then, because while that was fantasy-land, this is all about the Benjamins............

Enjoy!!!!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: salty ()
Date: November 28, 2012 11:13

bv
Please anyone with a master degree in ticket sales and market economy. If the Stones were to sell their tickets at a price lower than market price, say $100, and the going price would be 3 times that i.e. $300, who would then end up with the difference, which is $200.

We are talking about 4 x 20,000 x that money i.e. quite a bit of money that would end up in some pockets, but certainly not the fans' pockets. And we are not talking writsbands or personal id sales like they have at Glastonbury...

I can see where you are coming from, but, with all due respect, I don't think it is a good argument to essentially say that it is okay for the Stones to rip off the fans, because if they didn't rip them off then someone else would.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 28, 2012 12:35

Right and the worst part really, other than the ridiculous face value of the tickets that's had some fans dig way too deep, is that they've set the bar so high (£16m for 5 concerts) that it's going to be hard for them to come back to a "reasonable" taking and therefore just keep going...

What's the next challenge ? £16 million for 4 stadium shows next summer ? I guess that would be another record so they might go for it and it's not that much more work for them...except they'd probably have to beef up the "tongue" stage as it might be a bit small for a stadium...it seems to have some flexibility to it though, with the inflatable teeth and lips

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:29

salty
bv
Please anyone with a master degree in ticket sales and market economy. If the Stones were to sell their tickets at a price lower than market price, say $100, and the going price would be 3 times that i.e. $300, who would then end up with the difference, which is $200.

We are talking about 4 x 20,000 x that money i.e. quite a bit of money that would end up in some pockets, but certainly not the fans' pockets. And we are not talking writsbands or personal id sales like they have at Glastonbury...

I can see where you are coming from, but, with all due respect, I don't think it is a good argument to essentially say that it is okay for the Stones to rip off the fans, because if they didn't rip them off then someone else would.

Here in London this summer LOCOG (London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games) were all over any secondary ticketing for the Olympics. And that's millions of people for 3 weeks

If they want to do it, it can be done.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home