Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: no one is forcing you to go
Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: October 16, 2012 19:36

carlostones10
100% agree. Some guys to suck lemon all day., They don´t like anything. All is always crap or bad.

Well, nobody need to buy stones records or to see show.

If you don´t want ... don´t buy. but don´t disturb who want to buy records and tickets.

I never read a positive messagem from 5 or 6 guus here, All always is negative.

come on....

ah, don´t post that ridiculous post "go team", please.

Agree, spot on Carlos.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: October 16, 2012 20:03

ZantiMisfit
This board is hysterical--these are the "real fans" that the Stones are supposed to reward??? As long as I've read this board it's been nothing but people complaining--Keith can't play anymore, A Bigger Bang--the album & tour--sucked, Ronnie Wood is awful, Chuck Leavell is terrible, Darryl Jones is no Bill Wyman, Mick can't sing like he used to, they're a Vegas act since '89, they're greedy, they haven't done anything worthwhile since '69--'72--'81--take your pick, the new Greatest Hits album is an insult, the new song is horrible...and on an on and on...yet you want to go to the shows??? Why? So you can stand there with your arms folded and a scowl on your face the whole time, impatient to get back to your computer and tell everyone how awful Keith's playing was, etc., etc...
If I were the Stones I would rather take may chances with a bunch of people who knew a few songs and had the money to spend to go and just have a good time. The "real fans" on this board deserve nothing--their reward is the "thrill" they get from their infantile, incessant complaining and moaning and whining...they are just SO knowledgeable. Get a life and stop coming here if you hate them so much, "real fans." You won't be missed.
For the record--people were complaining about the high ticket prices for the '69 tour. They were $6.50.

While I do think you make some very valid points I can also see where some fans who have followed this band and it's antics for many, many years would be upset as they find out the ticket prices. I am not happy with the high prices either but have never felt the need to blame or blast the band because of it. It is what it is.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 16, 2012 20:07

johnnyguitar
...This is anti-rock'n'roll...

Agreed 200% smileys with beer

HMN

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 16, 2012 20:14

EddieByword
ZantiMisfit
This board is hysterical--these are the "real fans" that the Stones are supposed to reward??? As long as I've read this board it's been nothing but people complaining--Keith can't play anymore, A Bigger Bang--the album & tour--sucked, Ronnie Wood is awful, Chuck Leavell is terrible, Darryl Jones is no Bill Wyman, Mick can't sing like he used to, they're a Vegas act since '89, they're greedy, they haven't done anything worthwhile since '69--'72--'81--take your pick, the new Greatest Hits album is an insult, the new song is horrible...and on an on and on...yet you want to go to the shows??? Why? So you can stand there with your arms folded and a scowl on your face the whole time, impatient to get back to your computer and tell everyone how awful Keith's playing was, etc., etc...
If I were the Stones I would rather take may chances with a bunch of people who knew a few songs and had the money to spend to go and just have a good time. The "real fans" on this board deserve nothing--their reward is the "thrill" they get from their infantile, incessant complaining and moaning and whining...they are just SO knowledgeable. Get a life and stop coming here if you hate them so much, "real fans." You won't be missed.
For the record--people were complaining about the high ticket prices for the '69 tour. They were $6.50.

I've been a fan since '73, got all the albums, a few bits and pieces in the rarities section, numerous boots, enjoy, Brian, Mick T. and Ron's contributions, not bothered by Keith's occaisional ballsups or Mick's for that matter or the cash they've made to this point and only dislike 3 songs in the whole catalogue, including Dirty Work and Mick and Keith's solo stuff.
But even I've come to the point where I'm thinking the level of greed on display here is embarrassing to the point where I'm having to re-evaluate my attitude towards these blokes and make it known in my social circle of casual and non Stones fans.
Actually I'm feeling a bit foolish as sooooooooooooooooo many casual and seasoned observers have over the years described the picture of them that they are portraying now.
There is no reason why they couldn't have put on a few shows at reasonable prices.....£100 - £150 and still made a small fortune off the PPV and merchandisng .. Rolling Stones?.........more like the Hoarding Crones......................
Mick Jagger? Never made much of a secret of his love of cash but Keith 'Hey, you can keep the money' Richards though, should have called his book Liar...thumbs down

Only been a fan since 1973, what kind of fan are you?confused smiley Good post....

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 16, 2012 20:15

BluzDude
StonesTod
GravityBoy
I think the section in the centre of the tongue should be reserved (free) for IORRers with 2,155 posts or more.

And free beer of course.

that's such a random number...from a random computer...or something....

and back stage passes with VIP treatment if you have more than 4300 postsdrinking smiley

Yes, I´m in!!!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 16, 2012 20:19

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 16, 2012 21:41

StonesTod
Munichhilton
StonesTod
treaclefingers
mickschix
Group Hug! I love you all too....StonesTod, CousinC, Treaclefingers & Munichhilton....I must admit that I was hesitant about expressing my real feelings and now that I have I feel really sad. I take no pleasure in any of this because I was SO looking forward to celebrating their 50th Anniversary in style!! I just feel I have reached my limit, and someone expressed it really well in another thread when he said it was just plain " stupid" to accept these prices. I am so depressed I can't even cheer myself up by thinking there will be other shows in 2013 that might be less expensive...there may be MORE shows but who's to say they will be affordable??
Anyway, thanks for the support, everyone. We can all cry in our beer together.angry smiley

Keep a stiff upper lip! There will be shows in 2013 and if they're touring anywhere except London and NYC, they will be cheaper.

And, as unrocknroll as it is, you can still do the PPV thing for $50 and enjoy from the comfort of home, with friends. Why not order it up and invite StonesTod, CousinC, Munich and me?!

something about those beer tears turns me off...if mc can promise not to drip into my suds, then i'm down....

There's really nothing wrong with watered down beer...after a while you just get used to it unfortunately

yeah, but it's kinda salty-water. ick!

but as the thread title says - nobody is forcing me to go to mc's for the ppv. nothing personal, mc....

and yet people will break down a door for saltwater taffy.

some things i just don't git.

Date: October 16, 2012 21:42

BluzDude
StonesTod
GravityBoy
I think the section in the centre of the tongue should be reserved (free) for IORRers with 2,155 posts or more.

And free beer of course.

that's such a random number...from a random computer...or something....

and back stage passes with VIP treatment if you have more than 4300 postsdrinking smiley

That means I'll score a pair of tix!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 16, 2012 21:44

I do not exactly know, but from what I understood is, that half of the ticket prices Barbara Streisand was charging was towards an Aids foundation as her son is gay. Perhaps I am told wrong, but this is what I read when the discussions for such prices happenend.
The arguement at that time was, that people in Europe would like to donate money to such funds they know nearby.

I know this does not help for the moon pricing the Rolling Stones offered. I was only surprised that even way up in the upper tiers at 02 you could draw tickets for the highest price at £406.
I was expecting a price range between 300 and 600 £ for the two concerts. So my feelings did not prove me wrong.

Even if it might not be understandable there are two many people who don't have to pay and to little who have to pay the price for all. IN this respect I share your angryness about the high prices.

I already sold my collection in 05 for the US/CAD 7 city west coast tour and I did the best I ever could. Meeting People new friends etc.

I sold a lot again to be able to see the 02 trilogy in 07 and it was worth it. Memories may fade, but they last as long as you live.

And this time I will be able to see one concert onlysad smiley, and sold my soul to the last rock and roll band in the world. For what it's worth.cool smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 16, 2012 21:47

probably i cant afford the prices of the tickets in London
but still...
its a great band, and i will always love them
Hope to see them in 2013 in europe,
somewhere.

hey, its good to be here, its good to be anywhere

Just , Rock on Stones

One Love

jeroen

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 16, 2012 22:27

Send It To me
Swiss - are you really comparing health care and gas to Stones shows? I don't think our need to see Mick do calesthenics for two hours, as fun as that is, compares to someone's need for chemotherapy.

elastic vs. inelastic items, for those who remember econ 101

Right - no, I didn't compare the two. But...that's all you took from my entire note? That's unfortunate. Honestly, I may be confusing you with another poster--I haven't been around iorr that much recently, and maybe mistook Send It To Me for someone else, I think. My bad. Say whatever...I don't care.

- swiss

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 16, 2012 22:36

ZantiMisfit

Nobody's looking a fecking 'reward'. A modicum of respect (like pretty much any normal act on the planet seem capable of) would be a decent start.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 22:48 by Gazza.

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: October 16, 2012 22:45

A real fan would know that the Rolling Stones have never done anything even slightly negative in their entire existence and would comment as such.

They'd also pay the money for front row at the O2. winking smiley

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:00

shortfatfanny
carlostones10
If you don´t want ... don´t buy. but don´t disturb who want to buy records and tickets.

is this a command ?

who am i to comand, bro?

Posted by: MickRichards ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:47

BOTTOM LINE!! The Greatest R&R Band in the world. They are worth every cent. If you can't go, quit bitching. One day they will be gone. What will you bitch about then. As far as Doom & Gloom is concerned, it's a typical Stones song. Immediately recognizable as them. And a good rocking song from men this age.
They have ultimate respect in the music industry. They are all we have left.
Enjoy them if you can.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:51

MickRichards
BOTTOM LINE!! The Greatest R&R Band in the world. They are worth every cent. If you can't go, quit bitching. One day they will be gone. What will you bitch about then. As far as Doom & Gloom is concerned, it's a typical Stones song. Immediately recognizable as them. And a good rocking song from men this age.
Enjoy them if you can.

That may be true but they've still got squashed seagull syndrome............good but not that good..............

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:52

Whos gonna want to see them besides we diehard fans anyway? lets face it, they arent relevant anymore. Theyve stuck it to us, thats for sure.

Date: October 17, 2012 01:04

MickRichards
As far as Doom & Gloom is concerned, it's a typical Stones song. Immediately recognizable as them. And a good rocking song from men this age.
Enjoy them if you can.

First of all, who gives a shit if the music industry respects them -- how is that interesting or relevant to anyone here?
Second, you might wanna remember what you said like a day ago about Doom & Gloom.
MickRichards
Sorry but this is not a GIFT. If this is what you call exciting I think I'll pass. Same old song rehash over and over again. Two new numbers. It will probably flop. I can't really think of who they are trying to appeal to with this regurgitated mess. Someone has really dropped the ball here or has completely lost touch with thier true fans.
Did someone threaten you in a dark alleyway if you didn't start acting like a properly fanatical sycophantic fan? LOL grinning smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:14

"you can still do the PPV thing for $50"

50? Ten to fifteen bucks would be a reasonable amount...

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:25

Zantamisfit, you missed the point entirely. We don't HATE the Stones...it's because they mean so much to us that it disappoints us that for their last round, they can't welcome ALL fans by offering REASONABLE ticket prices. And Mickrichards, if we were all VERY WEALTHY we would not be " bitching", we'd just pony up the pounds/dollars and go!
Let me rethink that actually...I would still feel bad that the Stones weren't seemingly just out for the almighty dollar. Even my friends who couldn't care less about seeing the Rolling Stones think it's not the way to end a 50 year career. Check out the editorial on FACEBOOK.....some man eloquently expresses exactly what we're saying. By the way, we ARE entitled to complain about paying 2 weeks' wages for a 2 hour show....

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:32

ZantiMisfit

In 1969, gas was 25 cents per gallon. You can do the math on adjustments for inflation yourself--and the current ticket prices are still way over the top in comparison to 1969 rates.

Date: October 17, 2012 01:45

stonesnow
ZantiMisfit

In 1969, gas was 25 cents per gallon. You can do the math on adjustments for inflation yourself--and the current ticket prices are still way over the top in comparison to 1969 rates.

I like me a bit of math. Let's say gas is on average $4 a gallon in the US (I know, more elsewhere but we're using the US Gas price from '69 as the base).

That means gas has increased 16-fold since 1969.

Therefore, to get to today's ticket price using the $6.50 base provided, we would get a ticket price of $104.00.

SO, that is what you'd likely be paying for the cheap seats at a Stones concert. If you were paying the bendover price, multiply it by another 5-7.

The question is, did 1969 get you front and centre floor seats? If they were nosebleeds, that means ticket prices are basically the same now as then.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:50

treaclefingers
stonesnow
ZantiMisfit

I like me a bit of math. Let's say gas is on average $4 a gallon in the US (I know, more elsewhere but we're using the US Gas price from '69 as the base).

Therefore, to get to today's ticket price using the $6.50 base provided, we would get a ticket price of $104.00.

SO, that is what you'd likely be paying for the cheap seats at a Stones concert. If you were paying the bendover price, multiply it by another 5-7.

The question is, did 1969 get you front and centre floor seats? If they were nosebleeds, that means ticket prices are basically the same now as then.

Weren't they just general admission in those days? Their mega-stadium tours with all the circus and overhead didn't come until years later. Perhaps the gas baseline is a faulty measure, because gas has also increased 3- to 4-fold since 2001. Let's use this benchmark instead: What was the value of the dollar in 1969 compared to now. I would think, off the top of my head, that it would be something like 6 to 10 times higher in 1969 compared to now...

Date: October 17, 2012 01:56

swiss
MickRichards
As far as Doom & Gloom is concerned, it's a typical Stones song. Immediately recognizable as them. And a good rocking song from men this age.
Enjoy them if you can.

First of all, who gives a shit if the music industry respects them -- how is that interesting or relevant to anyone here?
Second, you might wanna remember what you said like a day ago about Doom & Gloom.
MickRichards
Sorry but this is not a GIFT. If this is what you call exciting I think I'll pass. Same old song rehash over and over again. Two new numbers. It will probably flop. I can't really think of who they are trying to appeal to with this regurgitated mess. Someone has really dropped the ball here or has completely lost touch with thier true fans.
Did someone threaten you in a dark alleyway if you didn't start acting like a properly fanatical sycophantic fan? LOL grinning smiley

Good lord Swiss, you got a case of the nasties. Aren't the Swiss supposed to be neutral?

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: October 17, 2012 02:02

I have always paid about 150 dollars to see the Stones in concert. The trick is to buy the tickets early at a Ticket Master outlet as soon as an official announcement is made by the Stones organization. 150 dollars is a fair price to see the Mighty Stones and a well-known back-up act.

I understand that the economy is still recovering from the recession and this might discourage a person from attending.

Date: October 17, 2012 02:07

stonesnow
treaclefingers
stonesnow
ZantiMisfit

Weren't they just general admission in those days? Their mega-stadium tours with all the circus and overhead didn't come until years later. Perhaps the gas baseline is a faulty measure, because gas has also increased 3- to 4-fold since 2001. Let's use this benchmark instead: What was the value of the dollar in 1969 compared to now. I would think, off the top of my head, that it would be something like 6 to 10 times higher in 1969 compared to now...

GOOD POINT!

But a very wise, rich, skinny old man once said, "it just goes to show you don't get what you pay for".

What can a poor boy do 'cept to play for a rock'n'roll band?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 17, 2012 02:16

dcba
"you can still do the PPV thing for $50"

50? Ten to fifteen bucks would be a reasonable amount...

it was 20 bucks for the 1981 ppv, how can it be less now cmon

Date: October 17, 2012 02:21

treaclefingers
swiss
MickRichards
Enjoy them if you can.

MickRichards

Good lord Swiss, you got a case of the nasties. Aren't the Swiss supposed to be neutral?

Treacle, I'm not from Switzerland and I'm not Swiss. My nickname is swiss as in Army knife - multifaceted. But do you care if the Rolling Stones are esteemed by the music industry? Is that now our benchmark of their value?

And some guy swaggering around spouting off at other people for not liking Doom & Gloom, when like a day earlier he was ripping into them for same? Someone had to call that out.

And, yes, I am massively bummed at how divisive this-all is turning out to be. It is as bad as the US Presidential elections----and frankly seems to be along just about the same economic class lines. It's ugly. I have far less money than I did 2 years ago, but I'm still from the privileged set, and yet I can't understand how cavalier many people are about $800 tkt prices and the implications to those who can't afford it. I'm seeing grotesque displays of greed. Especially given so many people are hurting economically. And so many people seem either oblivious or contemptuous. It makes me realize, yeah...maybe these aren't my people at all.

-swiss

Date: October 17, 2012 02:30

swiss
treaclefingers
swiss
MickRichards
Enjoy them if you can.

MickRichards

Treacle, I'm not from Switzerland and I'm not Swiss. My nickname is swiss as in Army knife - multifaceted. But do you care if the Rolling Stones are esteemed by the music industry? Is that now our benchmark of their value?

And some guy swaggering around spouting off at other people for not liking Doom & Gloom, when like a day earlier he was ripping into them for same? Someone had to call that out.

And, yes, I am massively bummed at how divisive this-all is turning out to be. It is as bad as the US Presidential elections----and frankly seems to be along just about the same economic class lines. It's ugly. I have far less money than I did 2 years ago, but I'm still from the privileged set, and yet I can't understand how cavalier many people are about $800 tkt prices and the implications to those who can't afford it. I'm seeing grotesque displays of greed. Especially given so many people are hurting economically. And so many people seem either oblivious or contemptuous. It makes me realize, yeah...maybe these aren't my people at all.

-swiss

Well, forgive me the 'swiss' thing was just convenient. I'm in agreement with you on all points incidentally. What I find most loathsome is not even the ticket prices, but the attitude of those that are going, towards those that truly and legitimately would love to go but can't afford it.

Complete lack of empathy or sense of camaraderie. Just a sense of entitlement.

Date: October 17, 2012 02:41

treaclefingers
What I find most loathsome is not even the ticket prices, but the attitude of those that are going, towards those that truly and legitimately would love to go but can't afford it.

Complete lack of empathy or sense of camaraderie. Just a sense of entitlement.

Word! thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home