Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: no one is forcing you to go
Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:02

YCAGWYW...

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:07

micawber continues with his cry bay routine is see...hahaha!!

"Would be awful being forced to spend so much money on the product that is not worth of that."

OK all-knowing Doxa, i'll bite, what is it "worth" then??

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:07

Well I'm really sorry for those who can't afford to go. I would love to have paid hundreds of pounds less than what I had to pay, but I "knew" that they were going to play again and started saving three years ago.

Yes the prices are awfly high but I would have regreted not going. For those who think that they are not worthed, well that remains a personal matter of choice and taste. Hope they will tour next year and that the prices will be 30 pounds front row, but that seems unlikly.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:10

leteyer
Well I'm really sorry for those who can't afford to go. I would love to have paid hundreds of pounds less than what I had to pay, but I "knew" that they were going to play again and started saving three years ago.

Yes the prices are awfly high but I would have regreted not going. For those who think that they are not worthed, well that remains a personal matter of choice and taste. Hope they will tour next year and that the prices will be 30 pounds front row, but that seems unlikly.

Agreed,

I can afford it, but I don't think it's worth it.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:13

Beast
No one's being forced to go, but a lot are being forced not to go!
thumbs up

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:14

Rik
leteyer

Agreed,

Likewise.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:34

To be frank: I'm a bit amazed that people actually buy tickets at those usury prices. Even so much that I can feel a bit sorry for them. Because at those prices you are getting robbed.
But at the same time I don't want to spoil anyones fun...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:35

Stoneage
To be frank: I'm a bit amazed that people actually buy tickets at those usury prices. Even so much that I can feel a bit sorry for them. Because at those prices you are getting robbed.

Don't worry about it. Just let it fly...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:38

Gazza
Rik
leteyer

Agreed,

Likewise.

assuming keith is playing his riffs '72 style...and assuming mick taylor is there playing like his angelic self circa '72....and assuming...hey....okay, okay, okay...i'm not going.....

Date: October 15, 2012 22:40

Munichhilton
Stoneage

Don't worry about it. Just let it fly...

damn straight...if we can't have fun going, we can damned well have fun trying to prevent others from having fun.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:45

Beast
No one's being forced to go, but a lot are being forced not to go !

<<< but a lot are being forced not to go ! >>>

No truer thing said. I'm still reeling with shock from these prices, and that's without depressing myself further by looking at what some people are asking on the secondary market .......... !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:58

it's just paper, man.

[www.theonion.com]

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 16, 2012 00:08

It is true that no one is being forced to go, but it is also true that a good many are being forced not to go, as a result of excessive prices being charged by the Stones Corporation--speaking of which, in these recessionary times where worker pay rates are stagnant as the cost of living rises, perhaps the Stones Corporation should consider downsizing, making some job cuts--take the back-up singers/players off the stage, cut back on stage-builders, go for a simpler retro approach. They could do like they did with the Some Girls/Tatoo You era tours--less spectacle, more music.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: October 16, 2012 00:40

Gazza
Send It To me
Why all the anger? If you don't want to pay hundreds of dollars to see a rock show...don't pay it. I don't see Mick Jagger with a gun to anyone's head.

thats fine. By the look of things, they'll be setting a new record.

the first band who have ever managed to sell out a 20,000 seat arena despite none of their fans buying tickets.

The Rolling Stones - Setting Trends for 50 Years. And Counting.

OH MAN.

Best post I have read here for as long as i can remember

Classic

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 16, 2012 00:52

Send It To me
Why all the anger? If you don't want to pay hundreds of dollars to see a rock show...don't pay it. I don't see Mick Jagger with a gun to anyone's head.

He learned how that feels from the Undercover of the Night video, and wouldn't wish that on us.

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 01:29

I agree 100% No One is forcing anyone to buy tickets!! But I'm going to the 2 shows in New Jersey. The high prices are stopping me from coming over to London for the shows, but I am still happy enough to be able to afford to see the 2 shows here!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 16, 2012 01:34

"no one is forcing you to go "

I donĀ“t need to force me not to go.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 16, 2012 01:48

mickscarey
Exactly.

By the way, I told you all! DONE DEAL baby.

You've been telling us all for THREE YEARS!
[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: October 16, 2012 01:55

Deltics
mickscarey
Exactly.

By the way, I told you all! DONE DEAL baby.

You've been telling us all for THREE YEARS!
[www.iorr.org]

It was a very well planned deal that was done.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 16, 2012 02:05

Well, that may be true that we're not forced to go however, after following this band for over 45 years, I feel bad that the prices are outrageous. And for the record, I have been saving since 2006 just to see the Stones again...I saved all of my extra cash, put it in an envelope in a safe....I can go, but I may NOT just because I find it offensive and insulting to me personally to hand over that much $$ when we all know they CAN charge much less, they CAN do without billions of dollars. The real bottom line for me is that they feel no allegiance to the fans, the reason they lasted 50 years!
Now I also know many of you feel the band owes us NOTHING.....really? I may be in for a major change of heart as the concerts approach but I don't know that. And maybe if they tour in 2013, the prices will drop a bit, but at this noment I do not feel compelled to try for tickets.
Oh, and for the record GO OBAMA!

Date: October 16, 2012 02:07

mickschix
Well, that may be true that we're not forced to go however, after following this band for over 45 years, I feel bad that the prices are outrageous. And for the record, I have been saving since 2006 just to see the Stones again...I saved all of my extra cash, put it in an envelope in a safe....I can go, but I may NOT just because I find it offensive and insulting to me personally to hand over that much $$ when we all know they CAN charge much less, they CAN do without billions of dollars. The real bottom line for me is that they feel no allegiance to the fans, the reason they lasted 50 years!
Now I also know many of you feel the band owes us NOTHING.....really? I may be in for a major change of heart as the concerts approach but I don't know that. And maybe if they tour in 2013, the prices will drop a bit, but at this noment I do not feel compelled to try for tickets.

i think i love you...no, seriously.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 16, 2012 02:12

the ppv is the $$$$$$$$aving grace for me, hello living room!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 16, 2012 02:27

I understand people feeling like it's a slap in the face but the OP is correct. My favorite band has told me that I must fork over an exorbitant amount of money to see them in "the usual barn", as Mick described arenas at the Passaic '78 show. If this was a club or theater, I might be tempted. But to expect me to spend enough money to buy a vacation, TV, guitar to see them noodle for 2 hours? No brainer. Pass.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 02:31 by bleedingman.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 16, 2012 02:42

mickschix

thumbs up !

Date: October 16, 2012 02:45

CousinC
mickschix

thumbs up !

hey! hands off! she's mine....

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 16, 2012 02:48

StonesTod
CousinC
mickschix

thumbs up !

I'm afraid 'they' are micks. It is chix you know...

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: October 16, 2012 02:53

bleedingman
I understand people feeling like it's a slap in the face but the OP is correct. My favorite band has told me that I must fork over an exorbitant amount of money to see them in "the usual barn", as Mick described arenas at the Passaic '78 show. If this was a club or theater, I might be tempted. But to expect me to spend enough money to buy a vacation, TV, guitar to see them noodle for 2 hours? No brainer. Pass.

I agree totally with this.
Plus i can't see any improvement in Keith's playing...i wonder how bad he will be ?

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 16, 2012 03:13

Edith Grove

You must be voting for Obama.

LaRouche again for you EG?

Date: October 16, 2012 05:46

Munichhilton
StonesTod
CousinC
mickschix

thumbs up !

I'm afraid 'they' are micks. It is chix you know...

Group Hug! hot smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:15

I will agree to pay one dollar for every note that Keith plays per song. Should be able to get in for around 40 bucks total.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home