Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Stones don't care about the real fans.
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 15, 2012 20:13

GumbootCloggeroo
I thought Mick was supposed to be fighting the ticket prices, for the fans. That was according to mightystonesrollin50. First the shows were off, then they were on again because Mick won the battle to keep the prices low.

Thanks Mick!

Recall that MSSR50 got banned from IORR for posting misleading information in threads.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:01

Keiths comment about ''£16 million sounds about right to us'' for the 4 shows sums it up for me. sad smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:05

flacnvinyl
GumbootCloggeroo
71Tele
Who are these "real fans" you refer to?
real fans = poor fans?

Poor? Seriously? Most of us middle class folks can't afford $500+ tickets, let alone the deluxe pit tix. Poor fans don't stand a chance at attending these shows.

Personally I have put a cap at $500 for a PAIR of tickets for me and my better half. She has never seen them, and if we can't get decent tickets at that amount, she never will.

They are my favorite band of all time, but I do not worship them.

My advice is to ditch the better half...you're more likely to get a better seat. Just tell her you're going out to get groceries the night of the show.

That way you'll have the entire $500 to spend on yourself. It's not selfish, it's just life in the new millenium.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:15

"I live in hope"

OK, so you proved you can be even more naive than before that post...Get a grip man, these tix will sell out immediately, and NO Jagger doesn't give a crap about anyone who cannot afford them, and that even includes iorr posters, and the Stones will ALWAYS ask for as much as they can get...

Sheesh, it is truly frightening how some people live in their own little fantasy world...

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:19

dewlover
"I live in hope"

OK, so you proved you can be even more naive than before that post...Get a grip man, these tix will sell out immediately, and NO Jagger doesn't give a crap about anyone who cannot afford them, and that even includes iorr posters, and the Stones will ALWAYS ask for as much as they can get...

Sheesh, it is truly frightening how some people live in their own little fantasy world...

And people don't have a right to be pissed off about that?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:26

I find it truly frightning that there is not much compassion in this world from a lot of people who have got everything they could possibly need.I don't live in my own fantasy world.I just wish it was a nicer place with a lot more people who care for others. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:28

crawdaddy
I find it truly frightning that there is not much compassion in this world from a lot of people who have got everything they could possibly need.I don't live in my own fantasy world.I just wish it was a nicer place with a lot more people who care for others. eye rolling smiley

The Stones clearly care for their accountants though. They're only doing this to give them some interesting big numbers to work with. Such gentlemen!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:31

SoulPlunderer
crawdaddy

The Stones clearly care for their accountants though. They're only doing this to give them some interesting big numbers to work with. Such gentlemen!

It truly is selfless of them. Accountants have to have their numbers...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:31

dewlover
"I live in hope"

NO Jagger doesn't give a crap about anyone who cannot afford them, and that even includes iorr posters, and the Stones will ALWAYS ask for as much as they can get...

But they will drink to us.

Posted by: wolfi ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:42

In the 60s I bought all the Stones albums on vinyl (was born in 1943 ...) and played them all day long (of course copied them to tape first ...).

But what they have become now - I think it's a real shame, they just don't care for the fans that have been with them for so long and helped them become great and famous.

I'd rather spend that money on smaller unknown bands than pay hundreds of €/$ whatever.

Good bye, Stones !

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:44

wolfi
In the 60s I bought all the Stones albums on vinyl (was born in 1943 ...) and played them all day long (of course copied them to tape first ...).

But what they have become now - I think it's a real shame, they just don't care for the fans that have been with them for so long and helped them become great and famous.

I'd rather spend that money on smaller unknown bands than pay hundreds of €/$ whatever.

Good bye, Stones !

hear here! let's drink to the smaller, unknown bands even if we don't know who they are....

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:48

TooTough
My problem is: I´m in need to see them again, live.
But neither the dates nor the prices (with flights+hotel)
let me.

So I´m saving my money for ONE show next year. If
they don´t go on tour in 2013 - then 2007 were my last
ever Stones shows.

BV wrote I think some days ago that they will. These ad shows are just there to promote the other ones, to create the buzz for 2013 shows. I just can't imagine they can rehearse for just 4 shows. Unimagniable.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 15, 2012 23:02

neither do i.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 15, 2012 23:02

Why not? Keith seems to be happy with their £16 million cut, who wouldn't ?

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 16, 2012 00:09

StonesTod
Koen
Time for a boycott.

excellent notion. i will not be playing streets of love all week in protest. if that doesn't teach them a lesson, nothing will.

..how will you possibly survive without the sweet strains of that most classic of clunkers?....

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 16, 2012 00:15

stonesrule
Guess we're all just part of Romney's 47 percent.

Moochers!!..how dare you ask for reasonably priced entertainment and fair value for your hard earned money....that is, if you actually work, you bums!!!...what nerve!! My plan is to read the reviews of the gig in the paper the next day and attempt to hear in my mind what tumbling dice must have sounded like....just saved my welfare money for booze and cigarettes!!! WHOO-HOO life is good!!

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 00:21

I have to laugh at some of the comments on this thread. It seems to me that is exactly what people said the last two times they toured. To much money. Why do they do this to us ? They say they will play. People start bitching about ticket prices. I for one stopped going to see them a while ago. If I want to see a Vegas stage act I will go to Vegas. Oh yeah. The Stones were there .For the money of course. Does the average fan stand a snowballs chance in hell of getting a ticket to see this ? NO. So one of the shows will be on Pay for view. Then the cable company gets it's turn to take a piece out of your ass as well. AS theStones Word Turns so does your wallet. Save your money people and spend it on your wife or yourselves. Go ahead . You deserve it. Cheers Mates.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: October 16, 2012 00:34

crawdaddy
I think that in these days of recession,The Rolling Stones could have given the loyal ,true fans over these past 50 years a better deal.The whole thing on these 4 gigs is a total letdown and fiasco for us.It will be 80% rich bankers etc. and people with money to throw away who have probably never seen them play live.A real big disapointment from the band. confused smiley

Hey Tony!! I share your opinion. But seeing them only twice so far I'm thinking of coming to London if I can get a ticket. The cheaper one of course. I still have second thoughts...

Posted by: comet ()
Date: October 16, 2012 00:37

I fear there may be no clapping between songs just the rattle of jewellery.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 00:47

I shouldn't of expected any different from the brand, but I'm feeling really disapointed at the prices now they've come out.
The thought of some reality tv 'celeb' seeing it for free when they probably only know 2 songs and associate them with Maroon 5, makes me even sader.
I also wish they hadn't done that cheesy scripted video announcing the dates, totally NOT needed as the shows will sell out regardless.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 16, 2012 00:51

brownsugar86
I shouldn't of expected any different from the brand, but I'm feeling really disapointed at the prices now they've come out.
The thought of some reality tv 'celeb' seeing it for free when they probably only know 2 songs and associate them with Maroon 5, makes me even sader.
I also wish they hadn't done that cheesy scripted video announcing the dates, totally NOT needed as the shows will sell out regardless.

Not sure if that was intentional, but you've hit it on the head.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 00:53

treaclefingers

Not sure if that was intentional, but you've hit it on the head.

Thanks. Yeah it was intentional, I was going to put ( ) around the R. But thought it would be too obvious.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 16, 2012 01:00

A lot of Gloom and Doom here...

I'll only watch Pay for View if these concerts get rave reviews from people i respect.

I like the Real Thing LIVE...I'll just have to live on my memories.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 16, 2012 01:01

stonesrule
I'll only watch Pay for View if these concerts get rave reviews from people i respect.

i blush

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 16, 2012 07:06

71Tele
Who are these "real fans" you refer to?

You know who a real fan is? Someone who would recognize Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor if they were to walk onstage without any introduction. I promise you most of the people attending these concerts would have no idea who Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor are even with an introduction.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 16, 2012 07:45

Man. Bitch, bitch, bitch. Most people can't see them anyway. London and Newark, New Jersey. How many people can even get there? Have you ever heard of the word patience? Of course they'll come and play somewhere near you one last time. And the prices won't be as dear. And if they are, do you really want to see them that bad?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 16, 2012 07:58

StonesTod
Koen
Time for a boycott.

excellent notion. i will not be playing streets of love all week in protest. if that doesn't teach them a lesson, nothing will.

I won't be playing Gunface. Except I never play Gunface, so it isn't much of a protest.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:01

How about if they charge by the song? That way I don't have to pay for stuff like Rock And A Hard Place. Kind of like an ala carte menu.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:43

I do have a bit of a sly evil streak that hopes the Stone's promoters and the scalpers and resellers lose their asses on these multi hunderd dollar seats. Or that the nose bleed sections riot and charge the stage. Or every show becomes like woodstock and ticket taking becomes impossible.....or something more in the vien of a good rock show.

After seeing the wealth of talent at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival in San Francisco, $800+ for a set of decent Stones tickets in this economy is becoming more humourous by the minute. Maybe if Bill Wyman was playing with them.....peace

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 16, 2012 09:21

Why is everyone so surprised? I´ve said it many times, they do this for the money, NOT the fans. Every time i´ve wrote that here, people been calling me whiner, naysayer and so on. Really funny to now see how many that is writing the same...What did you all expect? Mick selling you tickets for £20?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1214
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home