Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Ticket Details London and Newark shows --> here
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 15, 2012 23:28

dont panic buy, just wait and you will be able to purchase tix with no problem from stub hub at very reasonable prices, i have done this the past 2 tours, just be patient

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 23:30 by melillo.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 15, 2012 23:40

STUB HUB...REASONABLE!?? WHEN? Do fill me in Melillo!

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 23:44

melillo
dont panic buy, just wait and you will be able to purchase tix with no problem from stub hub at very reasonable prices, i have done this the past 2 tours, just be patient

So, did these shows really already sell out? In the various exchanges going on now some have indicated that.

Find that a bit hard to believe, given how slow the $$$$$ golden circle tix sold on the last few tours. If anybody bought these tickets thinking they'd be able to resell them for anything over face value, well they're gonna be stuck, mostly likely, eating it and ditching for a loss, lucky to get their money back. Makes me wonder of the ~20K tickets available for each show how many were sold to those actually planning to attend, and how many were gobbled up by those who try to resell.

The Stub Hub option in more recent years were very easy tickets to score...in part because the demand for Stones shows really fell off a cliff by ABB. (For example, saturation of the Chicago market and Over-Exposure, leading to very empty venues such as that last Soldier Field show.) Scoring a Stub Hub ticket for U2 on their last tour was doable, but you weren't finding great deals because the demand was there; certainly nothing like the deals you could find for the Stones in later years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 23:47 by rocker1.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 15, 2012 23:54

Newark=Gross....good god..what next?......East Orange or perhaps Asbury Park?....how about Union City??.....Could be the '2013 Rolling Stones Tour of American Trash Heaps'...TOATH on every t-shirt...with the gorilla also of course....Disclaimer--i am from Jamaica, Queens so i have innate hatred of New Jersey in my DNA as do most New Yorkers...."Garden" state my A$%#@^.....heeheehee..sorry...getting a little punchy here trying to get thru 40 threads of GRR-RR/D+G comments...AAAAARRGGHH...

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 15, 2012 23:59

You know, if @#$%& were willing to pay $1,700 to be in the first 5 rows of a Bon Jovi show and the main perk was to get a picture of the ticket holder holding Jon's microphone stand...well, good to know the economy is fine.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 00:11

melillo
Don't know about stub hub per se, but the general principle of wait and see is definitely one I'm adhering to this time round.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: October 16, 2012 00:16

dewlover
OK, enuff of you cheapskate, "poor" cry babies and how you are not going to any of these shows...Who Cares?!!!

Lol Dewlover, don't kid yourself, a good many of those "cheapskate, poor" people will have a change of heart and be first in line when the tickets go on sale.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 16, 2012 01:02

is there really going to be a PPV?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 16, 2012 01:12

melillo

It'll be a stressing afternoon for Pierre, overdubbing in real-time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 01:13 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: October 16, 2012 01:25

Erik_Snow
melillo

Erik you rogue!!!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 16, 2012 02:05

it's too much for me. I'll watch pay per view

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 16, 2012 02:06

dewlover
OK, enuff of you cheapskate, "poor" cry babies and how you are not going to any of these shows...Who Cares?!!!

I think the Stones should care that so many lifelong diehard fans have finally said "No more. I'm done." They don't care, of course, but they should.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 02:41 by tatters.

Re: Ticket details
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 16, 2012 04:13

Is this Mark Butler meal just before the show or what?
Do these "guests" want to be up and on their feet or running to the bathroom?
Or snacking during the songs they're not enjoying?

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 16, 2012 04:14

Erik_Snow
melillo

HAHAHAHAHA!! Excellent!!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 04:36

Complete money grab. I have the means to buy tix but won't. I'd rather see 20 truly passionate bands rocking out, with great sound and great sight lines than pay $200 to see the Stones play with muddy sound in a cavernous sports arena in Newark.

Though I would love to see them again if either
1. Up for a nostalgia party
2. They actually find a way to play with vigor again
3. They bring back Taylor and Wyman and can play with passion

I only see this being a nostalgia party. Greatest hits. Maybe something off the beaten path. Keith and Ronnie posing more than playing. But not for $200 or more. I actually think my max is $75 and that may be pushing it.

And I am not against old guys hitting the road. I am really looking forward to seeing Ian Hunter play in mid-December....for $30...in a 1000 seat club, with great sound and sightlines, with people who are there for the music.

I hope the Stones put on some great shows...but I also hope they get bored playing for 'VIPs', investment bankers and stock brokers, and come back next year, and do a tour with some renewed vigor. And if that doesn't happen, I am ok with it. I have my memories of seeing them, when they really mattered.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: October 16, 2012 06:35

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:10

beepee2
650 pounds... they can just go @#$%& themselves with their Chelsea friends... eye rolling smiley

For 650 they would have to get Wyman, Taylor and dig up Billy Preston and perform the Brussels show in my living room.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:13

Yes, involving Wyman and Taylor would make a big difference to my thinking.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 16, 2012 09:59

buffalo7478
Complete money grab. I have the means to buy tix but won't. I'd rather see 20 truly passionate bands rocking out, with great sound and great sight lines than pay $200 to see the Stones play with muddy sound in a cavernous sports arena in Newark.

Though I would love to see them again if either
1. Up for a nostalgia party
2. They actually find a way to play with vigor again
3. They bring back Taylor and Wyman and can play with passion

I only see this being a nostalgia party. Greatest hits. Maybe something off the beaten path. Keith and Ronnie posing more than playing. But not for $200 or more. I actually think my max is $75 and that may be pushing it.

And I am not against old guys hitting the road. I am really looking forward to seeing Ian Hunter play in mid-December....for $30...in a 1000 seat club, with great sound and sightlines, with people who are there for the music.

I hope the Stones put on some great shows...but I also hope they get bored playing for 'VIPs', investment bankers and stock brokers, and come back next year, and do a tour with some renewed vigor. And if that doesn't happen, I am ok with it. I have my memories of seeing them, when they really mattered.

Agree 120%.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 16, 2012 10:09

tatters
dewlover

I think the Stones should care that so many lifelong diehard fans have finally said "No more. I'm done." They don't care, of course, but they should.

It's because they're done for a long time now and nearly nobody realised.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 16, 2012 10:23

The new tickets look nice !

HMN

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:36

For those calculating in € EUROS....these are the prices range... for London.

130-200-300-400-500-1200 €.

Got mine for 300 € each (x2).... you should know my ass is hurting... and I Know they are no good tickets !!!

Anyway, don't you think it's disgusting being in a (supposed) rock and roll show in seated tickets. Maybe I'm a Mediterranean boy... I like to move, dance, playin' air guitar and all that funny things in my fourties... Ain't rnr supposed to move and jump?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 11:46 by spain73.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: October 16, 2012 14:37

buffalo7478

I saw Ian Hunter on Saturday. He was in blistering form and the material from the new album came over as well live as the older favourites. I was front of stage in good company with a beer in my hand and really enjoyed the gig. I dug the support act (and bought his CD), met a guy I hadn't seen since the Stones at Wembley 1999, and Ian and his tight rockin' band played for two hours. The cost? £20. I'm sure you'll enjoy him mid-December.

This is the first time in nearly forty years that the Stones have been in Europe and I haven't been chasing (and getting) tickets to see them, but prices like those being asked - and the attitudes it reflects - simply takes the fun out of it for me. It is, after all, only Rock 'n' Roll.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: October 16, 2012 22:08

lunar!!!
Newark=Gross....good god..what next?......East Orange or perhaps Asbury Park?....how about Union City??.....Could be the '2013 Rolling Stones Tour of American Trash Heaps'...TOATH on every t-shirt...with the gorilla also of course....Disclaimer--i am from Jamaica, Queens so i have innate hatred of New Jersey in my DNA as do most New Yorkers...."Garden" state my A$%#@^.....heeheehee..sorry...getting a little punchy here trying to get thru 40 threads of GRR-RR/D+G comments...AAAAARRGGHH...

You're from Queens and your bashing Jersey? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:20

Most New Yorkers don't hate New Jersey.

You must be running with the wrong crowd.

Where is Queens ?

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:24

custom55
Most New Yorkers don't hate New Jersey.

You must be running with the wrong crowd.

Where is Queens ?

Queens is one of the Boroughs of NYC- home of The Mets. Some nice areas and some garbage areas kind of like New Jersey.

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:34

The Stones dont care about we loyal fans. I won't pay anything to see them in a venue that seats more than 8 or 9 thousand

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:10

OK. This is what I think about those ticket prices. They are high, right? That is anyway what you say about these prices and you should know better, as you are living in the States or in the UK.
I'm from Greece and I went to see them in a stadium show in Athens back in 1998. Ticket prices: 30, 45, 60, 90 Euros.I went for a 45 Euros ticket, not regreting any single cent of it. Let's see now. The UK and USA prices for the 2012 shows are far from this, but not far from a Broadway or Opera ticket and correct me if I'm wrong. The Stones consider themselves as a top live act. And I think they are! A Stones concert is a big show, a spectacle, a top event, right?

Considering the UK and USA ticket prices, I would say that if they decided to play in Greece (won't happen, I know) they would go for tickets ranging from 70 to 200 Euros? Something like this I guess. This means, that this time I would have to pay something in the neighbourhood of the double price, let's say 90 Euros. 2012 prices for food supplies, electricity, clothing etc. have almost tripled since 1998. Furthermore, if we consider gasoline and oil, well forget it, it's over the top. It's almost four times up!
I'm not saying that prices couldn't be lower! What I'm saying, is, that those numbers are not such a big surpise for me. I'm in a bad economic condition as are many people around me. But spending 80 Euros to see my band, the Stones, my life companion since I was 12 ? Yes I would! If I could do it with less money, especially now, it would be much better, but I really don't make a fuss about it. After all, maybe, it is a fact of not being able to be objective (whatever that means in this case) about 'buying a Stones concert ticket' as if it was a good, a service or whatever. It's a thing in his own world and part of myself at the same time.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:44

Oh, I forgot! A plummer charged me with 80 Euros the other day to fix some things in the kitchen. He visited the couple at the second floor to do some plumming there too, on the same day.You might see him in the VIP section, front row seats, champagne too! Forget about the class society!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 17, 2012 04:23

Kirk
OK. This is what I think about those ticket prices. They are high, right? That is anyway what you say about these prices and you should know better, as you are living in the States or in the UK.
I'm from Greece and I went to see them in a stadium show in Athens back in 1998. Ticket prices: 30, 45, 60, 90 Euros.I went for a 45 Euros ticket, not regreting any single cent of it. Let's see now. The UK and USA prices for the 2012 shows are far from this, but not far from a Broadway or Opera ticket and correct me if I'm wrong. The Stones consider themselves as a top live act. And I think they are! A Stones concert is a big show, a spectacle, a top event, right?

Here's an idea. I know it sounds a bit far out, but bear with me on this.

Why not compare them to a rock concert instead of a Broadway show or an opera?

There's your comparable yardstick. 'Its only rock n roll' did I hear some band sing over and over?

Why is it ok in your eyes for a rock n roll band to transform themselves from what you saw and paid for in 1998 to something on the level of what you call a 'Broadway show'. Youre allowing THEM to change but seem to think its unreasonable that people who supported them back then to have a problem with it?

The 'Stones consider themselves a top live act' argument is irrelevant. ANY act could say the same thing and to THEIR own fanbase they most certainly are. Doesnt matter if its The Who, Paul McCartney, Bon Jovi, U2, Bruce Springsteen or whoever. All of these acts are a 'top live act' to the fans who like them. The difference being that (while some of them can be pricey) they're not shafting THEIR fanbase so shamelessly.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1093
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home