Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

R.I.P : Brad Blanck
Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: March 27, 2023 22:19

Sorry to advise of the passing of our friend Rolling Stones Superfan Brad Blanck after a long illness in Hawaii.

Brad was a great buddy to travel around with throughout the 1978 tour. He taped (and occasionally "released") many shows and had a mind-boggling collection of memorabilia.

He always knew it was about having fun and we will miss him.

"...they are a way of life"

Re: R.I.P : Brad Blanck
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 27, 2023 23:12

Very sad to hear. RIP

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 28, 2023 01:15

RIP

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 28, 2023 03:52

I remember corresponding/getting stones stuff from him back in 70s-80s...sad to hear this RIP Brad...

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 28, 2023 04:06

I bought lots of boots from him back in the day when he was in Mission Viejo!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-28 04:07 by donvis.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: March 28, 2023 10:53

Sad news. RIP Brad.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: April 4, 2023 13:21

I bought a lot of bootleg LP's from him in the mid 80's. Including some rare ones. I remember receiving "The Trident Mixes", original US pressing non opened shrink in september 1984, an album released 5 years ago.

And I also traded a few tapes with him.

I kept his letters, still in my archives, because they were very interesting, and also because they were written in capital letters, wich is quite unusual.

He was the first person to send sale/trade lists written on computer.

Brad was a real nice guy.

RIP

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 4, 2023 15:41

Rip

Posted by: iom ()
Date: April 4, 2023 21:03

RIP, Brad

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 5, 2023 09:26

I am so sad to hear about the passing of Brad Blanck. He was a great fan, a superfan, friendly with a smile. Rest In Peace Brad.

Bjornulf

Re: R.I.P : Brad Blanck -- check out his RS collection!!
Posted by: SqueakSister ()
Date: May 19, 2023 05:19

Aloha -- I'm Brad "Squeak" Blanck's sister and live in Hawaii. Your messages of love and fun stories mean the world to my brother John Blanck and I. Brad had leukemia, heart issues and other things that made the last year really tough. Fortunately, I was able to get him into a really great hospice home in Honolulu where he passed peacefully with an iPad in his hands.

As far as Rolling Stones goes, he loved them til' the end. He had a maintain his storage lockers and upon his passing we found his treasures. John and I are now trying to learn more about him and his travels.

Does anyone know anything about the Uncle Sam Hat? The one we now have has stars on the blue band with a red him. I'll try to attach the picture. I will also attached or paste in more about the collection in case you are interested.
Thank you for you kindness and ROCK ON!!
Jacqueline Neal

PRESS RELEASE:
MASSIVE ROLLING STONES MEMORABILIA + VINYL COLLECTION ACQUIRED BY ROCKAWAY RECORDS

OVER 10,000 PIECES FROM THE ESTATE OF BRAD “SQUEAK” BLANCK INCLUDES POSTERS, LPs & 45s, 1970’s CONCERT SHIRTS, ‘BEAST OF BURDEN’ 45 WITH SUPER RARE PICTURE SLEEVE, 1977 PROMOTIONAL DISPLAY DESIGNED BY ANDY WARHOL AND MORE

May 15, 2023 – Los Angeles, CA – As the Rolling Stones continue to celebrate their 60th anniversary, renowned Los Angeles landmark Rockaway Records has acquired an extensive collection of Rolling Stones vinyl and memorabilia with over 10,000 items including rare LPs & 45s, vintage t-shirts from 1973-1983, dozens of concert posters from 1969-1978, promotional items and more. Major highlights include a copy of “Beast of Burden,” the 2nd rarest Rolling Stones picture sleeve 45 and a 1977 promotional hanging display designed by Andy Warhol. The collection comes from late longtime fan, collector, and famous skateboarder Brad “Squeak” Blanck, a well-known and beloved figure in the Rolling Stones community. For more information, please visit www.rockaway.com or call 323-664-3232 to set up an appointment.

This collection is already attracting buyers including Black Crowes front man Chris Robinson, who purchased a rare set of 1978 UK promo posters for “Some Girls.”

“We have bought many amazing collections over the past 45 years, but this is definitely the most exciting one in a long time! Some of the highlights are a 1967 ‘Satanic Majesties’ lenticular that is different from the one on the album cover, 1970s t-shirts that look like new,and a 1977 promotional display for “Love You Live” that was designed by Andy Warhol.” –
Wayne Johnson, Rockaway Records.

Uncle Sam Hat from Rolling Stones.JPG

Mahalo!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 19, 2023 13:58

Uncle Sam Hat from Rolling Stones - Brad Black Collection

Bjornulf

Date: May 19, 2023 16:07

Sorry for your loss Jacqueline and everybody who knew Brad. He sure sounds like a loved person.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 19, 2023 17:37

Although I traded alot in 90s into 2000s his name doesnt ring a bell. Nonetheless, I’m sorry to hear of his passing.RIP Brad.

Date: May 21, 2023 16:36

bv
Uncle Sam Hat from Rolling Stones - Brad Black Collection

This brings back good memories to me.

Re: R.I.P : Brad Blanck -- check out his RS collection!!
Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: May 22, 2023 06:40

Hi Jacqueline,

Sorry to hear of your brothers passing.

Brad messaged me about the hat a few years ago.

email me at rcfoxy@yahoo.com if you want to know more about what he said.

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2044
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home