Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Will "Doom and Gloom" get airplay?
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:52

treaclefingers
Don't know about airplay but it's getting YOUTUBE play, over 161000 views and 9134 LIKES!

Oh yeah, and StonesTod has clicked DISLIKE 125 times as well!

9,134 likes in 161,000 views? That's only 1 in every 17 or 18 viewers liking it. Not too impressive, when you consider also that many of the likes are likely repeat viewers, so it's probably more like 1 in 20. Can you say overrated?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 14, 2012 08:02

actually what's impressive is the dislikes...they barely even register in an equation against 1.8 million views. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 14, 2012 08:14

stonesnow

9,134 likes in 161,000 views? That's only 1 in every 17 or 18 viewers liking it. Not too impressive, when you consider also that many of the likes are likely repeat viewers, so it's probably more like 1 in 20. Can you say overrated?

fwiw- Anyone can view a youtube video and it counts as a view... but one must be signed in to vote like/dislike, so that will keep the likes numbers low... plus some people never vote. A corollary of this... is if you ever see a video that has a HUGE percentage of likes to views... that is very impressive.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-14 08:16 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 14, 2012 10:04

I've heard it several times on BBC Radio 2 over the last few days, the morning show (Chris Evans), midday show (Jeremy Vine), and then again in the afternoon (Steve Wright). Don't often have the radio tuned to anything else in the house, but do in the car - haven't heard other stations play it as yet though, but I'd guess they probably do. All in all, it DOES seem to be getting some reasonable airplay.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: October 14, 2012 12:43

paulywaul
I've heard it several times on BBC Radio 2 over the last few days, the morning show (Chris Evans), midday show (Jeremy Vine), and then again in the afternoon (Steve Wright). Don't often have the radio tuned to anything else in the house, but do in the car - haven't heard other stations play it as yet though, but I'd guess they probably do. All in all, it DOES seem to be getting some reasonable airplay.

The time I heard it on the Steve Wright show he said "everyone's playing it".
Presumably that meant everyone on Radio 2. I thought it would be on Absolute Radio but have yet to hear it. This doesn't mean they haven't played it of course.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 13:10

I don't get to listen to the radio much anymore for various reasons. I'd appreciate if anyone can tell me if they've heard it played in the NYC area, and what kind of stations(s) were playing it. Wouldn't it be ironic if an "add on" to a greatest hits set recorded as the Stones push 70 turned out to be a huge hit? It just might become a hit as it seems a lot of non-Stones fans are saying they really like it. I think a lot of people will like it as a catchy, danceable rocker, and they don't know much or care about the ages of the band members. A good song is a good song. Personally, I think the Stones should open their shows with it.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 14, 2012 16:23

Today every hour on Dutch Radio 3.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: October 14, 2012 16:28

Doom and Gloom is surprisingly getting significant airplay thus far in the Boston/Providence market.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 16:59

it is not very commercial. i doubt that after few days we will keep on listening often on commercial radio. but it is a good song indeed

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: October 14, 2012 17:47

I disagree. I think it's actually quite commercial.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1499
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home